【 POKEMON EVOLUTION: TERRORS 】
(latest update: 8/28 wall of update)
236written posts
travellerearned bits
offlinecurrently
traveller
traveller Avatar
The Law Avatar
Like, at least the RPer apping an overpowered character wears their intentions on their sleeve. It makes it easier to work things out on whether A.) They misunderstood parts of the rules/lore, or B.) aren't a right fit for this game because they're just out to indulge their power fantasies.
C) Sometimes it's just fun to write someone who is actually powerful in the lore, though. Characters who can leverage their power to get people to do things they normally wouldn't scratch itches you just can't get by writing. The mightiest mage who gets careless due to never losing a fight, the god frustrated because the one thing they want cannot be achieved with their power, the mighty dragon who gets lonely because there's no one it can call an equal, the annoying twerp you have to suffer because he'll put you six feet under if you don't &c.
last edit on Sept 14, 2024 19:26:58 GMT by traveller
"Someone's got to die today and you have got the final say. You? Or your crew?"
the wheels are singing
aliasJen, DeJener8
pronounsShe/her
329written posts
Jenesisearned bits
offlinecurrently
Jenesis
Jenesis Avatar
Just a magical kitten
traveller Avatar
The Law Avatar
Like, at least the RPer apping an overpowered character wears their intentions on their sleeve. It makes it easier to work things out on whether A.) They misunderstood parts of the rules/lore, or B.) aren't a right fit for this game because they're just out to indulge their power fantasies.
C) Sometimes it's just fun to write someone who is actually powerful in the lore, though. Characters who can leverage their power to get people to do things they normally wouldn't scratch itches you just can't get by writing. The mightiest mage who gets careless due to never losing a fight, the god frustrated because the one thing they want cannot be achieved with their power, the mighty dragon who gets lonely because there's no one it can call an equal, the annoying twerp you have to suffer because he'll put you six feet under if you don't &c.

Also to some extent this problem is self-correcting?

If you want to play an annoying overpowered twerp, but no one wants to thread with you, all the power you give them is essentially meaningless. (unless it's a site with heavy emphasis on open-invitation pvp, I guess, but there's a reason I don't play on sites of that type)
236written posts
travellerearned bits
offlinecurrently
traveller
traveller Avatar
Jenesis Avatar
traveller Avatar
Also to some extent this problem is self-correcting?

If you want to play an annoying overpowered twerp, but no one wants to thread with you, all the power you give them is essentially meaningless. (unless it's a site with heavy emphasis on open-invitation pvp, I guess, but there's a reason I don't play on sites of that type)
Yeah, I don't write "PVP" because it winds up being pretty...exhausting having to navigate people's entitlement to victory, so I'm speaking purely from a perspective where the relative power level of a character doesn't really matter because you're either not fighting, or any fights are written for narrative purposes rather than adding a +1 to your victory card.
sdkvnklweanl;
aliastanzaku, tanz, tan-tan, egao, protag, chapel, tbotc
pronounsshe/her
1,532written posts
offlinecurrently
ditto become human
Part of the Furniture
ditto become human Avatar
maybe wallace being my fav was foreshadowing
traveller Avatar
The Law Avatar

op characters, or characters that lean on excellence and “above others” are fun bc you can show they’re still stupid and human. Loser arcs are my favs.

One of my fav op characters is sung hyunje from s classes. He’s a very true neutral kind of person who only serves himself. But due to his nature, he winds up very bored. Being an outlier also means you just generally have a very independent perspective; you’re a weirdo, really. He doesn’t judge others based on normal society since if you’re op in the first place, you would be so removed from the normal. He is whimsical yet also rational. He is silly and a bastard. And every time the mc asks him about simple things about if he’s had anyone wished him a happy bday, or if he’s called anyone a friend, the mc points out that he’s pitiful for having lived that way. Being removed from the normalcy is kind of a loser thing and hyunje is like, hm, valid, and he embraces being treated to the simple life and how he starts to learn warmth and affection through a domestic life and a genuine connection from a weak person who is striving to find happiness, like everyone else

Tl;dr mp100 but yeah. Op characters are actually funny and cool. I love playing them bc it highlights what we take for granted irl

Edit: i also have to shoutout to vicious from tales of crestoria. He’s not that op in lore but pretty damn powerful and has that vibe. But he doesnt take baths, is a drunk, a tsundere showing his abs, gets off danger and dying, and learns to trust and love bc of a stupid kid and he knkws he’s mighty stupid for falling for it but he’s yolo incarnate and bless him (he’s aslo the pic at the back kf my phone still)

Edit2: Also LELOUCH FROM CODE GEASS. His op with his geniuses but god people do not know how to write genius characters anymore. Theymre still HUMAN and i’ll just link my tumblr yap abt it www.tumblr.com/tanzakukun/747185582166474752/what-makes-lelouchs-character-so-intriguing-and
last edit on Sept 15, 2024 10:50:06 GMT by ditto become human

pronounshe/him
789written posts
illidan mainearned bits
offlinecurrently
illidan main
Part of the Furniture
illidan main Avatar
profit of doom Avatar
illidan main Avatar
keep us posted.

tbh it's so easy to get tickets for bands that are influential and popular but not suuuuper popular. i got to see primus recently.
did you enjoy them? i saw primus open for tool like almost a decade ago already, and that was my introduction to the band. big fan of tommy the cat
they were really good! I was mostly there to see Coheed and Cambria, but they had Too Many Zooz open for them and Primus closed the show, so it was really nice to just sit there and listen to some cool music.

avatar and hover by phobic art, commissioned for me
sdkvnklweanl;
pronounsshe/her
1,532written posts
offlinecurrently
ditto become human
Part of the Furniture
The older i get the happier i am over the fact i didnt get into any relationship while in school. Nothing’s sexier than having your life put together. Thank you past me for being too ace and a strict prude for sparring your 30 yesr old self more cringe

236written posts
travellerearned bits
offlinecurrently
traveller
traveller Avatar

Edit2: Also LELOUCH FROM CODE GEASS. His op with his geniuses but god people do not know how to write genius characters anymore. Theymre still HUMAN and i’ll just link my tumblr yap abt it www.tumblr.com/tanzakukun/747185582166474752/what-makes-lelouchs-character-so-intriguing-and
Instantly reminded of this copypasta:

Why does nobody like Sherlock? Because it has smart characters written stupidly.

Anton Chigurh from No Country for Old Men is a smartly written smart character. When Chigurh kills a hotel room full of three people he books to room next door so he can examine it, finding which walls he can shoot through, where the light switch is, what sort of cover is there etc. This is a smart thing to do because Chigurh is a smart person who is written by another smart person who understands how smart people think.

Were Sherlock Holmes to kill a hotel room full of three people. He'd enter using a secret door in the hotel that he read about in a book ten years ago. He'd throw peanuts at one guy causing him to go into anaphylactic shock, as he had deduced from a dartboard with a picture of George Washington carver on it pinned to the wall that the man had a severe peanut allergy. The second man would then kill himself just according to plan as Sherlock had earlier deduced that him and the first man were homosexual lovers who couldn't live without eachother due to a faint scent of penis on each man's breath and a slight dilation of their pupils whenever they looked at each other. As for the third man, why Sherlock doesn't kill him at all. The third man removes his sunglasses and wig to reveal he actually WAS Sherlock the entire time. But Sherlock just entered through the Secret door and killed two people, how can there be two of him? The first Sherlock removes his mask to reveal he's actually Moriarty attempting to frame Sherlock for two murders. Sherlock however anticipated this, the two dead men stand up, they're undercover police officers, it was all a ruse. "But Sherlock!" Moriarty cries "That police officer blew his own head off, look at it, there's skull fragments on the wall, how is he fine now? How did you fake that?". Sherlock just winks at the screen, the end.

This is dumb because Sherlock is a smart person written by a stupid person to whom smart people are indistinguishable from wizards.

sdkvnklweanl;
pronounsshe/her
1,532written posts
offlinecurrently
ditto become human
Part of the Furniture
remembering that time i explained to my friend back in high sxhool what fan service is and my explanation was (me being ace and only providing what i know of fanservice based on media) “so it’s like zuko being naked”

And her immediate reaction was “ew!”

In hindsight i realized she’s lesbian

pronounshe/him
789written posts
illidan mainearned bits
offlinecurrently
illidan main
Part of the Furniture
illidan main Avatar
i feel like a lot of society's wrath towards nlogs and "pick-me girls" is just how toxic conventionally feminine women have found a feminist way to harass gnc women and trans people.

i think it's really telling that we have less compassion for the teenage girl that goes "i'm not like the other girls" than the conventionally feminine cis women that have been telling her that her entire life in a much more cruel manner.

very tired of feminism that doesn't acknowledge that femininity in its convention is just as much a tool of the patriarchy as masculinity, and that's part of why woc are denied it so often. femininity can be toxic. there are unspoken gender expectations thrust upon girls and those seen as girls and you are punished for not conforming to them. i'm tired of how little sympathy we have for people who are victims of this policing.
last edit on Sept 16, 2024 23:31:31 GMT by illidan main

avatar and hover by phobic art, commissioned for me
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW