pronounshe, him
561written posts
Sharpearned bits
offlinecurrently
Sharp
Part of the Furniture
Sharp Avatar
Mouse Avatar
I reached out to a publishing company today because they also offered writing coaches that help you get on track and get ideas out. But uh....$330 dollars for a service like that sounds extreme to me.

That sounds like a vanity press scam to me. Legitimate publishers don't ask you to foot the bill and it sounds like their business model is based on selling writing coaching.
last edit on Oct 31, 2023 3:20:02 GMT by Sharp
Rodent King
aliasditz
pronounsMale
1,736written posts
Mouseearned bits
offlinecurrently
Mouse
Part of the Furniture
Mouse Avatar
where fears and lies melt away.
Sharp Avatar
Mouse Avatar
I reached out to a publishing company today because they also offered writing coaches that help you get on track and get ideas out. But uh....$330 dollars for a service like that sounds extreme to me.
That sounds like a vanity press scam to me. Legitimate publishers don't ask you to foot the bill and it sounds like their business model is based on selling writing coaching.

For reference, the company in question was Dorrance Publishing. They have a bunch of different services, the writing coach was just the one I was interested in.
pronounshe, him
561written posts
Sharpearned bits
offlinecurrently
Sharp
Part of the Furniture
Sharp Avatar
Mouse Avatar
Sharp Avatar
For reference, the company in question was Dorrance Publishing. They have a bunch of different services, the writing coach was just the one I was interested in.

Yea Dorrance is a vanity publisher. They are predatory in nature, they have no interest in selling books. They make their profit off of writers who don't know better. Maybe the coaching service has some value, but I wouldn't trust a vanity publisher with anything personally.
last edit on Oct 31, 2023 3:39:46 GMT by Sharp
Rodent King
aliasditz
pronounsMale
1,736written posts
Mouseearned bits
offlinecurrently
Mouse
Part of the Furniture
Mouse Avatar
where fears and lies melt away.
Sharp Avatar
Mouse Avatar
Yea Dorrance is a vanity publisher. They are predatory in nature, they have no interest in selling books. They make their profit off of writers who don't know better. Maybe the coaching service has some value, but I wouldn't trust a vanity publisher with anything personally.

Thanks for the information!
sdkvnklweanl;
aliastanzaku, tanz, tan-tan, egao, protag, chapel, tbotc
pronounsshe/her
1,554written posts
offlinecurrently
dark balls of sight
Part of the Furniture
dark balls of sight Avatar
maybe wallace being my fav was foreshadowing

waiting for design inspo to spawn

【 POKEMON EVOLUTION: TERRORS 】
(latest update: 8/28 wall of update)
sdkvnklweanl;
pronounsshe/her
1,554written posts
offlinecurrently
dark balls of sight
Part of the Furniture
Salmon Avatar
My gundam kit arrived today and I finished it in about four and a half hours. I’ve just gotten myself invested in a very expensive hobby

Double post cause i thought of you

www.reddit.com/r/anime/s/4hHCeu1MyO

local boogeyman
aliasbex, jeepers cats
pronounsshe/her or any pronouns
809written posts
bexearned bits
offlinecurrently
bex
Part of the Furniture
bex Avatar
they pull the axe out your face and say "was it the boogeyman?"
i hope crowbar knows that somewhere. someone out there has heard their music and is now using it as inspiration to make pretty anime girl skins
sdkvnklweanl;
pronounsshe/her
1,554written posts
offlinecurrently
dark balls of sight
Part of the Furniture
Today (nov 1) is my dog’s death day 💃 2 years
last edit on Nov 1, 2023 5:00:15 GMT by dark balls of sight

Tidal Wave
aliasAkira, Tsunami, Tsu, Aki
pronounsAny
4,225written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I've got a hurricane in my head, I can't feel a thing, but it's better than dead
Mouse Avatar
Sharp Avatar

Thanks for the information!

Nanowrimo is offering master classes and coaching courses this year. I don't know if there is a cost because I didn't really look too deep. It might be worth checking out if you're interested in the coachings.

local boogeyman
aliasbex, jeepers cats
pronounsshe/her or any pronouns
809written posts
bexearned bits
offlinecurrently
bex
Part of the Furniture
bex Avatar
they pull the axe out your face and say "was it the boogeyman?"
i'm pretty confident someone spam reported my imgbb account to get it terminated, bc i literally was on it yesterday with no issues. i love this community 8)
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW