Me every time I sit down to do something
aliasAsu
pronounsshe/her/hers
432written posts
Asuearned bits
offlinecurrently
Asu
Asu Avatar
With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.
I feel weird that I sometimes miss advertising— it's been nice not being a staffer for a site in a while, but I found posting advertisements and checking out other boards somewhat relaxing.
sdkvnklweanl;
aliastanzaku, tanz, tan-tan, egao, protag, chapel, tbotc
pronounsshe/her
1,551written posts
ankle pics whenearned bits
offlinecurrently
ankle pics when
Part of the Furniture
ankle pics when Avatar
maybe wallace being my fav was foreshadowing
Asu Avatar
I feel weird that I sometimes miss advertising— it's been nice not being a staffer for a site in a while, but I found posting advertisements and checking out other boards somewhat relaxing.
i love checking out other sites to learn about the skin and how they arrange the forums. the skin part, i guess is common- you want to see what the latest design trend is and all that. but checking even how the forums / info is laid out must sound really like a nerd lmao. i'm the same with books though. i like looking at the cover and how the table of contents are arranged.

but i digress.. i was going to mention how i once did a 100 ad for a site back in <2010 in an ad contest. that was apparently my portfolio, as i got approached twice to become an ad mod lmao. in one, it was a friend's site and i was also a mod. in the other, it was gangnam style and they also left me in charge of the directory! now that. that, i wasn't equipped for. completely goofed :relieved: 

i remember advertising being hell though but it's also kind of like a grind. like, "okay, i'll do x more and i'll stop" and maybe it'd adhd. but it feels good to get something easy done fast rather than having to overthink my approach to it and categorizing my priorities.

... still not looking forward to having to do that again though. (and i will have to in the near future lol) 

【 POKEMON EVOLUTION: TERRORS 】
(latest update: 8/28 wall of update)
aliasAsu
pronounsshe/her/hers
432written posts
Asuearned bits
offlinecurrently
Asu
Asu Avatar
With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.
ankle pics when Avatar
Asu Avatar
i love checking out other sites to learn about the skin and how they arrange the forums. the skin part, i guess is common- you want to see what the latest design trend is and all that. but checking even how the forums / info is laid out must sound really like a nerd lmao. i'm the same with books though. i like looking at the cover and how the table of contents are arranged.

but i digress.. i was going to mention how i once did a 100 ad for a site back in <2010 in an ad contest. that was apparently my portfolio, as i got approached twice to become an ad mod lmao. in one, it was a friend's site and i was also a mod. in the other, it was gangnam style and they also left me in charge of the directory! now that. that, i wasn't equipped for. completely goofed :relieved: 

i remember advertising being hell though but it's also kind of like a grind. like, "okay, i'll do x more and i'll stop" and maybe it'd adhd. but it feels good to get something easy done fast rather than having to overthink my approach to it and categorizing my priorities.

... still not looking forward to having to do that again though. (and i will have to in the near future lol) 
I think for me, it was being able to check out other sites and see what's trending. I like seeing what other people like writing, even if I tend to only be able to be active on one board at a time.

I think being on ad duty is also fun because of the low effort reward of it if that makes sense??? It's a much less brain work-y job than the rest of the things that I had done as an admin. I was also very organized about it, having a Google spreadsheet where I would put down what sites I've advertised on and would regularly go back to sites the next month or whenever we were allowed to post ads again.

That being said, I'm not entirely sure that people actually check advertising boards to find new sites but would love to hear how people find the sites that they are on.
sdkvnklweanl;
aliastanzaku, tanz, tan-tan, egao, protag, chapel, tbotc
pronounsshe/her
1,551written posts
ankle pics whenearned bits
offlinecurrently
ankle pics when
Part of the Furniture
ankle pics when Avatar
maybe wallace being my fav was foreshadowing
Asu Avatar
I was also very organized about it, having a Google spreadsheet where I would put down what sites I've advertised on and would regularly go back to sites the next month or whenever we were allowed to post ads again.

dayum you're on a whole other level!! the site that has you as their ad mod can sleep soundly.

【 POKEMON EVOLUTION: TERRORS 】
(latest update: 8/28 wall of update)
Feline Overlord
aliasChibi
pronounsShe/Her
1,813written posts
Chibi Magicianearned bits
offlinecurrently
Chibi Magician
Spring '21 Dev Completionist
Chibi Magician Avatar
Pure Gremlin Energy
Man, being that sick that all you can do is watch TV, sleep and maybe eat sucks. I just had no energy to game or do something engaging. Which is weird, cause I messaged people and had conversations, but otherwise, I swam through sick and now consider myself a zombie.
Tidal Wave
aliasAkira, Tsunami, Tsu, Aki
pronounsAny
4,225written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I've got a hurricane in my head, I can't feel a thing, but it's better than dead
Asu Avatar

come be my ad mod T.T i hate advertising

write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW