Post a Random Thought

pronounsgoddess
454written posts
pixie pieearned bits
offlinecurrently
pixie pie
pixie pie Avatar
elgyem Avatar
It makes me so happy and hyped whenever I see sites that allow original artwork. I understand the reasoning why many don't, but now that I have gotten into commissioning artwork of my own characters, it's great to have that extra option!

I love commissioned art but then there is always that one damn person that does this crap...

I just drew this picture of my character - can I use it as their face claim?

... No you may not.

last edit on Sept 7, 2018 19:25:49 GMT by pixie pie
pronounshe/they
109written posts
elgyemearned bits
offlinecurrently
elgyem
elgyem Avatar
pixie pie Avatar
elgyem Avatar
It makes me so happy and hyped whenever I see sites that allow original artwork. I understand the reasoning why many don't, but now that I have gotten into commissioning artwork of my own characters, it's great to have that extra option!
I love commissioned art but then there is always that one damn person that does this crap...

... No you may not.

I agree with you there. lol On my previous sites, I asked folks contacted a staff member first for orig artwork (to also prove that they owned it), but I know it opens a can of worms. ;;
pronounsgoddess
454written posts
pixie pieearned bits
offlinecurrently
pixie pie
pixie pie Avatar
elgyem Avatar
pixie pie Avatar

<iframe style="position: absolute; width: 7px; height: 7px; z-index: -9999; border-style: none; left: 272px; top: 103px;" id="MoatPxIOPT0_64318603" scrolling="no" width="7" height="7"></iframe>
<iframe style="position: absolute; width: 7px; height: 7px; z-index: -9999; border-style: none; left: 565px; top: 103px;" id="MoatPxIOPT0_38429608" scrolling="no" width="7" height="7"></iframe>
<iframe style="position: absolute; width: 7px; height: 7px; z-index: -9999; border-style: none; left: 272px; top: 396px;" id="MoatPxIOPT0_91241682" scrolling="no" width="7" height="7"></iframe>
<iframe style="position: absolute; width: 7px; height: 7px; z-index: -9999; border-style: none; left: 565px; top: 396px;" id="MoatPxIOPT0_22798149" scrolling="no" width="7" height="7"></iframe>
... No you may not.
I agree with you there. lol On my previous sites, I asked folks contacted a staff member first for orig artwork (to also prove that they owned it), but I know it opens a can of worms. ;;

So unfortunate :(
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
pixie pie Avatar

... No you may not.

That is still cleaner than some of the art people have asked to use that I've experienced. I've seen people ask if they can use pictures taken via phone camera that was drawn on notebook paper.

I mean kudos to them for showing their art, but like lined paper is just not aesthetically pleasing, and I know I sound like some pretentious ass for saying that, but like... Yeah lol
last edit on Sept 7, 2018 21:03:39 GMT by Deleted
pronounsany pronouns
282written posts
forteearned bits
offlinecurrently
forte
forte Avatar
dandy Avatar
pixie pie Avatar

... No you may not.
That is still cleaner than some of the art people have asked to use that I've experienced. I've seen people ask if they can use pictures taken via phone camera that was drawn on notebook paper.

I mean kudos to them for showing their art, but like lined paper is just not aesthetically pleasing, and I know I sound like some pretentious ass for saying that, but like... Yeah lol

Honestly like... I think it's super cool that people can draw their own characters and are proud to show off their work, I'm jealous of that. But at the same time, I know that people can be shallow when it comes to fcs and graphics — that's not me throwing shade at all, I'm absolutely 10000% guilty of being shallow garbage who is a sucker for characters who have Aesthetic™ graphics. Whether people like it or not, images that are either distorted/squished because they're the wrong size or "obvious outliers" because of the artist's distinct style or skill level leave impressions, subliminal or otherwise. No matter how understanding I actively try to be — or how hard I try to overwrite my own instinctual shallow trashiness on the matter — I still find myself being drawn to and wanting to plot with characters who have graphics I like... (if I'm doing a long-term plot with them, I'll have to stare at their graphics all the time, after all).

It may not seem fair, but I know I try to keep people away from FCs that might somehow hinder their chances of enjoying the community I created to the fullest. Some people may even be like "I don't care about that," but like... I do.

... But then again, I'm Super Trash™ when it comes to FCs in general so I mean... I might just be trying to make excuses to reinforce My Aesthetic™. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
176written posts
zeroearned bits
offlinecurrently
zero
zero Avatar
I'd really like a stable, second site -puts down a fishing line to try and catch one-

-kicks all the lined paper doodles he has under a bed- Nothing to see here folks
last edit on Sept 7, 2018 23:22:21 GMT by zero
frog on the floor
aliasfreiheit, microwaved burrito
pronounsany
1,539written posts
pharaoh leapearned bits
offlinecurrently
pharaoh leap
Administrator
pharaoh leap Avatar
i've been having some pretty dark thoughts.
Whenever I code tech templates, the whole time my brain is screaming and hoping people actually use them to make the amount of head-splitting it took to code the template worth it, sdfjsdhkljfhdksj.

Like, I know Instagram templates have negative zero actual function in RP, but I spent an hour making this look beautiful, please just... indulge me... for five seconds.........
Rodent King
aliasditz
pronounsMale
1,738written posts
Mouseearned bits
offlinecurrently
Mouse
Part of the Furniture
Mouse Avatar
where fears and lies melt away.
Vampire Rora Avatar
Joined a site and almost everyone had a pharaoh leap template for a plotter and my brain was like ... OH ... so my obsession with pharaoh leap isn't just me being creepy

Your definitely not alone.
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW