aliasAsk me~
pronounsHe or They
193written posts
Wraithearned bits
offlinecurrently
Wraith
Wraith Avatar
There's hope beyond this lone abyss.
this newish art gallery site is so nice. it's nice being on an art gallery site that's more like the days of old but also with a really good responsive layout and accessibility features <3 it's been so long since I've had a semi-public art gallery since I just mostly took the "draw for myself and maybe make fan art for friends" road but I have to admit this actually motivates me to finish more pieces since it feels nice having a busy gallery. not to mention it's like a soft backup of my art in case all of my other backups fail forever somehow
Catscape Meow!
sdkvnklweanl;
aliastanzaku, tanz, tan-tan, egao, protag, chapel, tbotc
pronounsshe/her
1,533written posts
offlinecurrently
ditto become human
Part of the Furniture
ditto become human Avatar
maybe wallace being my fav was foreshadowing
I took care of my dog constantly thinking, “do this so you won’t have any regrets” up until the very end when i decided to put him down. Yet it’s all i still find that’s left in me. I don’t know how long this period will go. I can’t seem to feel or remember the good times. Only guilt

Edit: attaching a doggo pic in the interwebs for dopamine

last edit on Jun 2, 2024 17:01:00 GMT by ditto become human

【 POKEMON EVOLUTION: TERRORS 】
(latest update: 8/28 wall of update)
236written posts
travellerearned bits
offlinecurrently
traveller
traveller Avatar
I took care of my dog constantly thinking, “do this so you won’t have any regrets” up until the very end when i decided to put him down. Yet it’s all i still find that’s left in me. I don’t know how long this period will go. I can’t seem to feel or remember the good times. Only guilt
At the end of the day, the grief is a sign you truly loved your dog, and if you feel such grief and guilt, then you've probably drawn out your very best to give your furry family all the love you have.

Find solace with your loved ones. Let yourself grieve.
last edit on Jun 2, 2024 18:04:23 GMT by traveller
"Someone's got to die today and you have got the final say. You? Or your crew?"
local boogeyman
aliasbex, jeepers cats
pronounsshe/her or any pronouns
802written posts
profit of doomearned bits
offlinecurrently
profit of doom
Part of the Furniture
profit of doom Avatar
they pull the axe out your face and say "was it the boogeyman?"

one of my dear friends is going through the same thing as you. her cat was given to her when she started chemo as a child, and she lived to be quite old. in her last few years of life and my friend was newly an adult, she was struggling a lot with her cat's health, as her parents had never even taken her cat to the vet outside of getting her fixed. she went through a very long, arduous and expensive trauma trying to do the best she could for her cat, and eventually, it became apparent that no matter what she did, it would never be enough. her cat's health just wasn't getting better, and in the end, she was able to have a vet come to her home and put her to sleep. it was sad, but ultimately she knew that it was the right thing to do for her beloved pet. she said she didn't feel better, and for many days after her cat's passing, she was understandably, an emotional wreck. not because her cat was gone, but because she felt guilt for feeling relieved that it was finally all over.

i don't know you like that, obviously, , but be kind to yourself. you did what was best for your dog, and while you might not feel like it, know that choosing to euthanize our pets when it's their time is the kindest thing we can do for them. i've had pets come and go, and it never gets easy. there's something about the childhood family pet dying that just destroys you, and i think it's important to let yourself feel those feelings. it's understandable, and natural to have complex feelings about the person or creature you're caring for when you're their primary caretaker. it's fucking exhausting and often a thankless job. you care about your dog, but the financial and emotional stress that comes with caring for an aging pet is just a lot.

that's all to say, it's okay to not just feel sad. it's okay to feel guilt (though you have nothing to feel guilty for, obviously). the good times, and the love will come back, i promise.
pronounsthey/them
197written posts
inkearned bits
offlinecurrently
ink
ink Avatar
characters who believe in something immoral or incorrect are just way more interesting to me than characters who are either totally nihilistic or solely concerned about survival. anyway that’s why i’ll probably continue to write bleeding hearts, religious zealots, and prejudiced ocs who are on the “good and necessary” faction

edit: oh my god this is why i like sunday honkai star rail
last edit on Jun 2, 2024 22:58:32 GMT by ink
236written posts
travellerearned bits
offlinecurrently
traveller
traveller Avatar
He had me at
“an endless procession of Sundays”. Like, man, why did we need to beat him up, he totally won me over.

(spoilertagged for those playing HSR but who haven’t completed MSQ yet, read at own risk. )
last edit on Jun 2, 2024 23:30:55 GMT by traveller
236written posts
travellerearned bits
offlinecurrently
traveller
traveller Avatar
Most stories I've written over the past two decades have protagonists that are women dressed as men, women mistaken for men, women who wish to be men...

I probably shouldn't think too hard about it, there's nothing there.
no angel
alias██████
pronounszimzala/bim
233written posts
ace.earned bits
offlinecurrently
ace.
ace. Avatar
highly responsive to prayers
at the point where i won’t read anything labeled a booktok book on principle (myorar and mona awad novels aside…)
last edit on Jun 3, 2024 13:46:06 GMT by ace.
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW