aliasmori, manon, saki
pronounsshe / her
664written posts
𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚒earned bits
offlinecurrently
𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚒
Part of the Furniture
𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚒 Avatar
i know you see yourself as a fighter. well, i see myself as one, too.
dandy Avatar
Tfw parents don't want to make their kid have a meltdown in the middle of the store, so they make you be the bad guy and tell their kid that they can't have this toy that they really wanted. Thanks, it's totally been on my bucket list to crush a child's dreams and make them cry. 8')

ooooh my gooood, so much this. "this isn't for sale, right? it's not for them, right? they can't have this, right?"

i've just started staring at them blankly until they answer the question for themselves and have to deal with the meltdown. a few "excuse me?"s and "i'm sorry?"s like i haven't heard get thrown in sometimes, but sorry sir, i'm tired of being the bad guy for u. i still have a whole ass shift to get through and a shit ton of other parents like you coming in.

be gone. leave me alone.

frog on the floor
aliasfreiheit, microwaved burrito
pronounsany
1,539written posts
pharaoh leapearned bits
offlinecurrently
pharaoh leap
Administrator
pharaoh leap Avatar
i've been having some pretty dark thoughts.
𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚒 Avatar
dandy Avatar
Tfw parents don't want to make their kid have a meltdown in the middle of the store, so they make you be the bad guy and tell their kid that they can't have this toy that they really wanted. Thanks, it's totally been on my bucket list to crush a child's dreams and make them cry. 8')

ooooh my gooood, so much this. "this isn't for sale, right? it's not for them, right? they can't have this, right?"

i've just started staring at them blankly until they answer the question for themselves and have to deal with the meltdown. a few "excuse me?"s and "i'm sorry?"s like i haven't heard get thrown in sometimes, but sorry sir, i'm tired of being the bad guy for u. i still have a whole ass shift to get through and a shit ton of other parents like you coming in.

be gone. leave me alone.

I've never had to deal with this - didn't know it was a thing that happened a lot, dang - but I'm so sorry. We do get a lot of parents who come in with kids who are like, "Can I get this, this, and this?" and get upset when the best answer they get is a solid, "No, put it back", though. I always feel so bad, but at least they're not telling ME to parent their kid, sdjlkfhdkjfsdhf.

On the other hand, this reminds me of something Cheddar talked about once. Obviously, like, very small kinds wouldn't understand, but - if the reason you can't get your child a toy or candy or something is because you don't have the money for it, why don't you simply... tell the child that? I never hear parents give any explanation other than "No, you just can't have it", and while throwing a tantrum definitely isn't a great way to combat them (hey, they're kids, they don't really know much better), I feel like they'd be a lot less like to make a giant fuss over it if their parents gave them any indication of WHY they couldn't have it beyond just "No, because I said so". Even younger kids can usually understand that everything costs something, and that money isn't infinite. They'll probably be less likely to beg if they understand that you're not always in a position where you CAN give them things. :'/

BUT I DUNNO, I don't have kids and it's not really my place to tell people who do how they raise them outside of not beating their children, sooooooooooooooooooooo? What do I know.
last edit on Nov 12, 2018 4:59:34 GMT by pharaoh leap
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW