write a reply

Post a Random Thought

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
Kay Avatar
Tfw you know you need to actively start working on your css naming convention when you have to keep explaining certain names to friends who keep pointing them out. Gais, .gen-bigtit is general-big title ;;

I do this same kind of first syllable short handing for titles and i leave the silly ones like that because they amuse me.
phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,368written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
what do you want to know? my height, hobbies, quirks, the color of my underwear?
endless Avatar
Kay Avatar
Tfw you know you need to actively start working on your css naming convention when you have to keep explaining certain names to friends who keep pointing them out. Gais, .gen-bigtit is general-big title ;;
I do this same kind of first syllable short handing for titles and i leave the silly ones like that because they amuse me.

omg that's my naming convention logic though! sort of. i do site name -> template group -> purpose. so i end up with .iwboardtit and .iwproftit, which are both amusing (and short for ideal world board/profile title).

but also .lcmpnotmp is going to live forever in my mind because i can't think of anything more emblematic of that coding issue than literally naming the area link cable mini-profile not mini-profile. (which it literally is, because it's coding part of the post template that wasn't supported in the post template and then moving it via positions so it's there from the mini-profile so y'know.)

frog on the floor
aliasfreiheit, microwaved burrito
pronounsany
1,539written posts
pharaoh leapearned bits
offlinecurrently
pharaoh leap
Administrator
pharaoh leap Avatar
i've been having some pretty dark thoughts.
Kuroya Avatar
endless Avatar
omg that's my naming convention logic though! sort of. i do site name -> template group -> purpose. so i end up with .iwboardtit and .iwproftit, which are both amusing (and short for ideal world board/profile title).

but also .lcmpnotmp is going to live forever in my mind because i can't think of anything more emblematic of that coding issue than literally naming the area link cable mini-profile not mini-profile. (which it literally is, because it's coding part of the post template that wasn't supported in the post template and then moving it via positions so it's there from the mini-profile so y'know.)

CSS naming convention thread when?

I'm a lot like Kuroya - site name -> template group -> miscellaneous. I don't usually shorthand anything but the site name, though, at least not enough. Usually, it ends up like, uh: .rcminilefttop2 or something. I've ended up with some terrifyingly long CSS names because of this, which probably don't make a LICK of sense to anyone else aside from MAYBE the template group and the fact that ____________top usually indicates something toward the top of the template, as opposed to the... bottom.

I almost never use dashes in CSS titles, but I should probably get into the habit of doing that, and also not making them so gosh darned LONG.
frog on the floor
aliasfreiheit, microwaved burrito
pronounsany
1,539written posts
pharaoh leapearned bits
offlinecurrently
pharaoh leap
Administrator
pharaoh leap Avatar
i've been having some pretty dark thoughts.
My friend and I were joking around about a Mindcrime and Warrior Cats cross-over, and now we have an entire story and character designs and I guess I'm writing a Warriors fic for the first time since I was thirteen.
aliasvee, vivi
pronounsany / they
659written posts
valkaearned bits
offlinecurrently
valka
Administrator
valka Avatar
do u know... la-hee?

i just realised that the 'mummy' in 's display name is in reference to the ooo spooky zombies and not............. the british spelling of mommy

oops

if you think i haven't been keeping up with pp, think again
internally screaming
pronounsshe/her
1,833written posts
Nekoearned bits
offlinecurrently
Neko
Administrator
Neko Avatar
stressed, depressed, and probably not well-dressed
pharaoh leap Avatar
Kuroya Avatar

CSS naming convention thread when?

I'm a lot like Kuroya - site name -> template group -> miscellaneous. I don't usually shorthand anything but the site name, though, at least not enough. Usually, it ends up like, uh: .rcminilefttop2 or something. I've ended up with some terrifyingly long CSS names because of this, which probably don't make a LICK of sense to anyone else aside from MAYBE the template group and the fact that ____________top usually indicates something toward the top of the template, as opposed to the... bottom.

I almost never use dashes in CSS titles, but I should probably get into the habit of doing that, and also not making them so gosh darned LONG.

I've been trying to get better with my titles instead of literally picking the most random thing. I literally did a whole skin in pokemon css-titles. My co-admin literally pitched a fit when she realized it and couldn't edit the skin and just kept calling me a nerd for like 30 minutes cause I was laughing at her.
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW