phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,238written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
at this, the world's end, do we cast off tomorrow~!
Kuroya Avatar
so i started genshin and so far i've honestly really been enjoying it

i was actually really pleasantly surprised by how it feels, since i always got the impression it was more of a mobile game like arknights or epic seven (hence why i was a lil hesitant to actually pick it up), but it's actually been more of a "traditional console experience" so far, and i've really been enjoying that (and yeah, i know the gatcha is about to come punch me in the face, but even the characters i'm ~feral~ for out of that, i'd kind of be okay if just didn't pull them and lived with what i got).

we'll see if i still feel this way in a week l-lmfao

welp it's been about a month and i decided to come back to this with my opinion now that i finished the liyue story arc.

the story + actual gameplay are really good - i have a few complaints about the exact implementation because i am Not Good At Video Games (tm), but all in all, it's been a fairly enjoyable experience + pretty easily filled the niche that ffxiv left behind when i had to stop playing. (the story in particular is really well-done - i love the writing, it's so good, both for the main story quest and the side character quests, and even the dinky side quests are pretty interesting too.)

unsurprisingly, the biggest detractor - and it's a very big detractor - to the game is the gatcha mechanics. the drop rates just for characters in general are abysmal, which is extremely frustrating as a brand new player who just wants to be able to meet + experience all of these fantastic characters with great storylines (i don't think i've had a single ten-pull that gave me more than one character since i started playing, and of them, i've gotten multiple duplicates - and this is without saying anything about my disdain that out of a total of 13 released five-star characters, only 5 of them aren't limited banners only). maybe i've been spoiled by arknights, but honestly, genshin's gatcha reminds me very heavily of avengers academy post-revamp (which essentially turned the game into a gatcha where it had been very much not before that, and the game was so greedy with it that they legitimately killed the game in a few months with the change).

i'll likely continue playing the game for the main storyline and various character quests, at least for a while, but i don't really see me staying super invested in the game much beyond that for the long-term, just because the thing i like most about games like this - collecting characters + leveling them up + getting to explore their storylines - feels like it's more or less stuck behind a paywall.
last edit on May 18, 2021 19:09:57 GMT by Kuroya

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
I found Genshin Impact as fun at first but decided too stop playing it because of the gacha because I wanted too get more characters instead of the weapons they drop and when it came too continuing the storyline, unless I spent a long period of time on the game, which I attempted too do, I struggled with leveling up my character so that I could raise my character level and adventure level, so after a while it became tiring and so I quit the game in general. Plus if you didn't get the character for gacha, some weren't available too get later.
pronounsshe + her(s)
209written posts
(hoekage)earned bits
offlinecurrently
(hoekage)
(hoekage) Avatar
Do forgive me I've seen the treasure's in the bloom but right now I'm just not strong enough for you
to, too, and two: why do u trip up the entire world?? shakes fist
last edit on May 18, 2021 21:00:34 GMT by (hoekage)
frog on the floor
aliasfreiheit, microwaved burrito
pronounsany
1,513written posts
pharaoh leapearned bits
offlinecurrently
pharaoh leap
Administrator
pharaoh leap Avatar
i've been having some pretty dark thoughts.
Miss Melonade ♥ Avatar
If a stranger on the internet offered to draw your OC as a snail for 5 dollars would you buy it?

Immediately, yes.
internally screaming
pronounsshe/her
1,793written posts
Nekoearned bits
offlinecurrently
Neko
Administrator
Neko Avatar
stressed, depressed, and probably not well-dressed
I made something called 'marinated tomato salad' and all it did is remind me of the little tomato bites at red lobster covered in balsamic vinegar.

I always wondered why it was so sweet and the /four tablespoons of brown sugar/ now horrifies me.

I'm going to make it again, I say, at five am while my mother and husband stare at me in slight confusion while they try to wake up and my insomniac behind is just shouting about brown sugar. Chaos in the morning is my flavor cause as soon as the sun comes out, all my energy goes bye bye.
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW