phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,238written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
at this, the world's end, do we cast off tomorrow~!
since part of me is morbidly curious about supernatural (but not enough to watch the entire thing)... if i were to actually give in and watch the show, what's the general "cutoff point" for "this is the season where the show really should have ended, it's all pretty much downhill from here (or at least thoroughly beaten to death and largely repetitive and/or nonsensical in its stake-raising)", as it were?

370written posts
elliearned bits
offlinecurrently
elli
elli Avatar
Kuroya Avatar
since part of me is morbidly curious about supernatural (but not enough to watch the entire thing)... if i were to actually give in and watch the show, what's the general "cutoff point" for "this is the season where the show really should have ended, it's all pretty much downhill from here (or at least thoroughly beaten to death and largely repetitive and/or nonsensical in its stake-raising)", as it were?
look i'ma be real with you

i have enjoyed literally every season of supernatural. not joking. i'm not even, like, a hardcore fan; i watch it casually when i'm bored.

it's a good show. the weakest season is probably season 7, but it's not bad.
After over 17 years, I've decided to move on from ProBoards. If you need to contact me, find me on my website.
phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,238written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
at this, the world's end, do we cast off tomorrow~!
elli Avatar
Kuroya Avatar
look i'ma be real with you

i have enjoyed literally every season of supernatural. not joking. i'm not even, like, a hardcore fan; i watch it casually when i'm bored.

it's a good show. the weakest season is probably season 7, but it's not bad.

i mean, to be honest, i'm definitely not kidding when i say it's morbid curiosity prompting me - most of what i see of the show just really doesn't appeal to me (especially since i have a knee-jerk reaction where i really dislike one of the main actors in it), and i'm really not anticipating watching it all the way through just because i don't see me getting that invested in it when i'm mostly watching it out of some sense of "okay, i don't want to just keep hating on this show without giving it the benefit of actually seeing at least one season before i make a hard judgement call on it, and like.... imo there has to be something good at the core of this, even if it's not something i end up invested in."

like that's why i'm asking for when the generally accepted "this is where the show really ought to have ended" cutoff point is. because i've heard there is one and i'd rather give it an honest chance to judge it on its better parts than end up pushing past it for a couple of seasons that i end up regretting when i have a lot of other stuff higher up on my watch list (like flash or the mcu netflix stuff or vampire diaries).

Rodent King
aliasditz
pronounsMale
1,706written posts
Mouseearned bits
offlinecurrently
Mouse
Part of the Furniture
Mouse Avatar
where fears and lies melt away.
Kuroya Avatar
i mean, to be honest, i'm definitely not kidding when i say it's morbid curiosity prompting me - most of what i see of the show just really doesn't appeal to me (especially since i have a knee-jerk reaction where i really dislike one of the main actors in it), and i'm really not anticipating watching it all the way through just because i don't see me getting that invested in it when i'm mostly watching it out of some sense of "okay, i don't want to just keep hating on this show without giving it the benefit of actually seeing at least one season before i make a hard judgement call on it, and like.... imo there has to be something good at the core of this, even if it's not something i end up invested in."

like that's why i'm asking for when the generally accepted "this is where the show really ought to have ended" cutoff point is. because i've heard there is one and i'd rather give it an honest chance to judge it on its better parts than end up pushing past it for a couple of seasons that i end up regretting when i have a lot of other stuff higher up on my watch list (like flash or the mcu netflix stuff or vampire diaries).

The end of Season 5 is a good point to stop watching. Back when it originally aired it was meant to be the last season of the series. I mean, the last episode of that season is literally titled "Swan Song" but then it got renewed because it was popular so they kept going.

If you watch up until the end of that season I think you'll have a good time with the series. If for whatever reason you end up enjoying it by the end, then you can obviously keep going haha.
last edit on Apr 10, 2020 5:27:15 GMT by Mouse
Rodent King
aliasditz
pronounsMale
1,706written posts
Mouseearned bits
offlinecurrently
Mouse
Part of the Furniture
Mouse Avatar
where fears and lies melt away.
cryptid Avatar
god i wanna get the ff7 remake so bad ;w;

I actually just bought it from the PSN store like 3 minutes ago lol :O I've never actually played FF7 before. I'm excited to experience the storyline for the first time.

Shout out to my mom for buying it for me tho. She's the real mvp in this situation.
pronounsshe/her
309written posts
syhrinxearned bits
offlinecurrently
syhrinx
Spring '21 Dev Completionist
syhrinx Avatar
> playing acnh
> for 2 weeks, plant like 100 fruit trees in one corner of the island for money
> finally get terraforming
> realize i want to put my houses and shops and shit where my fruit trees are
> biggest_groan_ever.mp3
pronounsD A R K
259written posts
offlinecurrently
Death is just a new beginning.
I must say that I have a future prediction that the person below me
is randomly going to say a word that starts with b and ends in a s.
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW