907written posts
Desmond Milesearned bits
offlinecurrently
Desmond Miles
Part of the Furniture
Desmond Miles Avatar
we will have peace at any cost
Chibi Magician Avatar
I sometimes worry how people take me putting a lot of emojis in my messages... because I do not just do it to convey emotion... I have come to realize my incessant use of emojis is actually a bit of a nervous tick... My brain thinks I need to put a cute little c: to make sure nothing gets taken the wrong way or putting a little >.> to try and be funny.

So if anyone sees me using a lot of emojis at times, I am probably being my shy, insecure little self who wants people to feel comfortable talking to her. >.>

hey man use as many emojis as you need to say what you're saying and dont let no one stop you!!! >:DDDDD
phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,362written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
what do you want to know? my height, hobbies, quirks, the color of my underwear?
it's honestly such a turnoff to know that swsh actually has less pokemon in the game than they do ones they purposefully excluded from the games

(it's also really annoying from an rp standpoint because those sprites are really nice but knowing there's only about 430 of them is majorly disappointing - even using the pogo sprites gives you about 640 of them and it's the same style, just a bit smaller)
last edit on Apr 22, 2020 22:43:53 GMT by Kuroya

pronounsshe/her
117written posts
Crownauticearned bits
offlinecurrently
Crownautic
Crownautic Avatar
swinging swinging in this world dyed in so many colours ~ ♪
revisiting old codes and inspiration hit as soon as i began listening to music -- holy duck i feel like i have the energy to make lots of templates and put them into compilations

but do i have the courage to post them for public use? idk
pronounsHe/Him/His
1,103written posts
lightearned bits
offlinecurrently
light
Part of the Furniture
light Avatar
Chibi Magician Avatar
I sometimes worry how people take me putting a lot of emojis in my messages... because I do not just do it to convey emotion... I have come to realize my incessant use of emojis is actually a bit of a nervous tick... My brain thinks I need to put a cute little c: to make sure nothing gets taken the wrong way or putting a little >.> to try and be funny.

So if anyone sees me using a lot of emojis at times, I am probably being my shy, insecure little self who wants people to feel comfortable talking to her. >.>

this just gave me war flashbacks.

i will never forget how this whole dumbass misinterpreted me using a lot of emojis as being mean or being shady. like, no you fuckin' clown, i use emojis 2 show u that i'm not being mean or mad. i use them 2 lighten the conversation so ur dumbass doesn't misinterpret what i'm typing and assuming i'm being a jerk or something, b/c ppl have a habit of making that assumption and tend to forget that what u type =/= equal how u feel.

literally was trying 2 explain something and thought using emojis would help lighten the explanation b/c i knew they would misinterpret what i was saying. only for them 2 end up crying and doing it anyway and having 2 find out that they bitched 2 their friends and made an assumption that i was being mean/condescending?? no u sensitive ass clown that is the literal opposite of what i wanted u 2 do/think. how tf---

pronounsshe/her
75written posts
minuetearned bits
offlinecurrently
minuet
minuet Avatar
light Avatar

this just gave me war flashbacks.

i will never forget how this whole dumbass misinterpreted me using a lot of emojis as being mean or being shady. like, no you fuckin' clown, i use emojis 2 show u that i'm not being mean or mad. i use them 2 lighten the conversation so ur dumbass doesn't misinterpret what i'm typing and assuming i'm being a jerk or something, b/c ppl have a habit of making that assumption and tend to forget that what u type =/= equal how u feel.

literally was trying 2 explain something and thought using emojis would help lighten the explanation b/c i knew they would misinterpret what i was saying. only for them 2 end up crying and doing it anyway and having 2 find out that they bitched 2 their friends and made an assumption that i was being mean/condescending?? no u sensitive ass clown that is the literal opposite of what i wanted u 2 do/think. how tf---
i do understand where you're coming from but perception is a complicated thing. sometimes i find that people using a ton of emojis (especially the upside down smiling one) can seem really passive aggressive and some emojis like uwu can come off as smug? and in general, just using a lot of emojis can be read as intimidating. for example zzz or  :) :) :) :)  is pretty intense whereas a row of heart emojis is cute. 

i personally don't really care if people use a ton of emojis but everyone's different. obviously this might not apply to your exact situation bc i don't know what happened there and what the situation was about, but it's pretty reasonable for people to be intimidated or put off by seeing a lot of emojis in a message. maybe the person you were talking to just misread your intentions but they wouldn't be wrong for doing that in this context. 
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW