370written posts
elliearned bits
offlinecurrently
elli
elli Avatar
descartes can suck it tbh, him and his rule of signs is bs

edit: i take it back, descartes and his rule of signs are ok
last edit on Jun 10, 2020 3:36:24 GMT by elli
After over 17 years, I've decided to move on from ProBoards. If you need to contact me, find me on my website.
pronounsshe/her
436written posts
offlinecurrently
cyanide darktearz 💀
cyanide darktearz 💀 Avatar
Danger Noodle Avatar

Am I the only one who hates the tropes/aesthetics section of apps? Aesthetics aren't nearly as bad but...
why... do you need this? It doesn't pertain to any relevant info about the character. The tropes just treat them like fictional people and, I prefer writing my characters as if they could be real people. This ruins immersion.

Why are tropes necessary? How do people do this off the top of their head????
It's just... filler. ITS FILLER.
I'm someone who prefers having only basic and relevant info for apps too.

But the main appeal is that it's fun. Fillery fluff, yep, but can be fun to fill out and think up for your character for some people. 

I also think it depends on the trope and how it's used. Cause at the end of the day, a realistic character is still fictional, and any work of fiction will have tropes due to the sheer amount of tropes there are. Even if only count character tropes, it's still a lot. 
gfx design frankenstein
pronounsshe/her
101written posts
sporkearned bits
offlinecurrently
spork
spork Avatar
hibernating
how do people have dreams, goals, heck, even tasks, and they decide "i'll do this" and they're able to do it without having this struggle just to move & then having to put oneself in a panic to force an action. can't relate but want to relate.
last edit on Jun 10, 2020 15:33:40 GMT by spork

pronounsHe/Him/His
1,103written posts
lightearned bits
offlinecurrently
light
Part of the Furniture
light Avatar
spork Avatar
how do people have dreams, goals, heck, even tasks, and they decide "i'll do this" and they're able to do it without having this struggle just to move & then having to put oneself in a panic to force an action. can't relate but want to relate.

okay but can u gtfo of my head b/c this

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
, I make connections online... I guess it is just as hard to explain as it would be if I were to ask how do you make connections with people in real life? Though I can say, it likely takes work regardless of being online or real life. I wish it was much more simple than this though.
take it easy.
aliascae
pronounsshe/her
534written posts
caeearned bits
offlinecurrently
cae
Part of the Furniture
cae Avatar
let's live our lives heroically / let's live our lives with style
i took a few months break from forums to play around on real time platforms (discord & esshar) & it feels wild now, because i've gotten spoiled on receiving replies back in like . . . 6 - 10 minutes

that being said knowing i don't have 2 reply to someone on jcink/proboards/etc. within . . . 6 minutes is . . . relieving lmao
last edit on Jun 10, 2020 18:57:45 GMT by cae
phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,365written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
what do you want to know? my height, hobbies, quirks, the color of my underwear?
thanks mom, i super appreciate you yelling at me the entire time i'm prepping and eating my dinner that i'm a useless pos who's a waste of space and a drain on you just because i can't work and thus am not bringing in money, how'd you know this was exactly what i wanted you to do when i've otherwise had a good day

write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW