The Trade Challenge

pronounsFeminine
34written posts
Galeteyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Galeteya
Galeteya Avatar
I make picture thingies.
The point of this challenge is for coders and graphic artists to exchange parts of a creation for the other to complete. For example, a coder shows a threading template that features an image, but the image is blank. A graphic artist then creates or edits an image specifically based on that template's design. Or, vis versa, a graphic artist submits a created or edited image and a coder uses it as inspiration to feature in a template (thread, plotter, whatever, etc).

This is something and I thought up earlier today, so we're going to be exchanging ones for one another! But, anyone is free to post their incomplete creations here for other coders/artists to take up! I feel like collaboration is a HUGE way to learn and expand one's talents so I always love to participate in it. Looking forward to collaborating with the community! Join in!
last edit on Jan 22, 2019 3:04:05 GMT by Galeteya
frog on the floor
aliasfreiheit, microwaved burrito
pronounsany
1,500written posts
pharaoh leapearned bits
offlinecurrently
pharaoh leap
Administrator
pharaoh leap Avatar
i've been having some pretty dark thoughts.
Practice with tabs. I listened to absolutely nothing but this song on repeat while coding this, oops, sdkjlfhdkjfshd. Admittedly, I'm not really happy with how this turned out, but I'll probably end up submitting some other things to this - assuming there's enough interest!

If you're making graphics for this, it requires seven 700x350 images. Please keep in mind that the text box covers approximately 425 pixels of the images, so the "focus" of your image should ideally be within the rightmost 250 pixels. As a bonus challenge - although not entirely necessary - I've put the names and info of some of my dearest RP characters in. Choose some face claims for those dorks based on what you see! All instances of #999999 are meant to be changed to match character accents, so it's not just... gray... promise.............

DO NOT EDIT THIS CODE DIRECTLY. I've got a backup saved just in case, but this is a show case, not a place to edit the code. Like, for real. Please don't change anything.

, you're up. ;o Might have s'more templates for you to fill out graphics for, if you're down! I feel a little bad that this one has most of the image covered up in hindsight, but... hey! Think of that as an extra challenge. ;D
last edit on Jan 22, 2019 5:25:31 GMT by pharaoh leap
pronounsFeminine
34written posts
Galeteyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Galeteya
Galeteya Avatar
I make picture thingies.
That moment when I don't read your post first and just your Discord DM... So I edit the original code to test the measurements. RIP. I'm so sorry XD. I only did the first one! And that is a ROUGH DRAFT. But I let my secret out early, oops, I'm doing the 7-Headed God from Game of Thrones.
pronounsFeminine
34written posts
Galeteyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Galeteya
Galeteya Avatar
I make picture thingies.
Ended up switching it up a bit from the last preview I showed, but still the same theme! The "Seven" from A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones. I switched the honeybee icons to match the theme, if that wasn't okay go ahead and change them back to whatever (SORRY)! Though the images are heavily edited/manipulated, I'm still crediting the amazing artist Qistina for her Dragon Age/Tarot Card artwork. Expect your image(s?) soon for the reverse challenge!!!

TADA!
click that thingy up there ^
pronounsFeminine
34written posts
Galeteyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Galeteya
Galeteya Avatar
I make picture thingies.
AREN'T LEAP'S CODES PERFECT?! I've been wanting to collab with Leap for YEARS and kept pokin' this goddess like "bb plz". I'm seriously so humbled I got to do something with this majesty. Major highlight for me, thank you so much for all of your wonderful compliments I'MGOINGTOGOSOBNOW.

pronounsFeminine
34written posts
Galeteyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Galeteya
Galeteya Avatar
I make picture thingies.
, you can thank your 04. Speak skin for this inspiration ;D. This took ages to cut out, but dang it it's so worth it. So you have to use one of the colored versions and the gray version (which isn't totally gray, but we'll call it that). The measurements of the graphics are 700x450 and are alpha-layered transparencies (I'm not THAT evil ;D). Obviously you can work those measurements around in your code (wider, taller, etc). Can you guess what theme it's hinting to? It's not like it spells it in one giant, repetitive word- oh wait. HAVE FUN (loveyou,don'teatme!).

Info that might interest you (if you need it):
Yellow: #edda07
Red: #ce2925 derivatives
Font: SquareFont and SquareFont Outline
BG Angle: -47.60 degrees

Scaled down 50% to fit:

last edit on Sept 25, 2019 9:11:30 GMT by Galeteya