Fantasy Site Review

50written posts
mavrohearned bits
offlinecurrently
mavroh
mavroh Avatar
So, hey! I'm looking for someone to kinda-sorta review my site. I finished everything up basically solo. So there's bound to be some inconsistencies or content to improve on.

What I'm looking for: I'm looking for some serious criticism, and an answer to the question "Is this site even worth advertising when there are already dozens and dozens of fantasy sites floating around?". Because I'm really insecure about actually going for it and sinking more time into it and advertising on 200 sites just for it to not take off because there are just more interesting sites out there. I would really appreciate some deeper insight on the following fairly essential aspects:
-The Class System
-The Lore
-The Available Factions

What I'm NOT looking for: Don't bother criticising graphics, or aesthetics. My taste is bad and I'm solo. I wouldn't be able to fix anything on my own. I also can't do any fancy code shenanigans or code my own skin, so anything regarding the artistic integrity of the board is completely lost on me, sorry to say.

Site Link: etherious.boards.net/

You can reach me either on discord under mavroh#1561 or just pm me your thoughts and critique. Obviously responding in this thread would be completely cool too! I log in everyday!
last edit on Mar 18, 2019 21:22:31 GMT by mavroh
pronounsHe, Him
133written posts
Dolten♦earned bits
offlinecurrently
Dolten♦
Dolten♦ Avatar
It's your BOi = P
Okay, so I did a small review... I really think the only thing really holding you back would be the amount of information. I love to read lore when it comes to sites, as they help a person understand how the world works. It, however, seems that in the process of making your lore you kinda went really far and bit overboard. I'm not saying that it's bad that anyone won't want to read it but it seems as if it's just a wall of text, it's not bad and does help the world become more than that it is. I, however, think that it maybe could be reduced a bit.

I say this because I used to do this exact thing, where I would over-explain things that could be really simplified, I know it's hard when you start a site from scratch and it's just yourself. I'm not saying change the information, just find a way to make a reduction and more of an engaging read that will pull someone into wanting more. I would say look at how games such as World of Warcraft, Path of Excel, Lord of the Rings, D&D. They all never really give all the background info at the start but give enough to captivate a person. They then explain the story through a quest or storylines and other means, it's kinda okay to leave the world and city shrouded.

When I wake up in the morning, I will read some more and look around. I also can't seem to find a simple short premise for the site.
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.