How to Install Ionicons?

pronounsher/she
19written posts
lyroearned bits
offlinecurrently
lyro
lyro Avatar
I'm trying to add Ionicons to the skin of my site (linked in my signature), because a lot of rather nice post templates use Ionicons. None of the members have used them yet, but I wanted to get them installed before it became a problem. However, I'm currently worried that the fact the skin uses Font Awesome is causing Ionicons to just not work?

Honestly, that's just a guess though.

This is the correct code, yes?

<link href="https://unpkg.com/ionicons@4.5.5/dist/css/ionicons.min.css" rel="stylesheet">

The site I got it from said to put it in the <head> of the Forum Wrapper, but I still don't see the icons loading properly.

Halp.
the endless hunt
aliasleto, blobert, crow
pronounshe / they
1,370written posts
ullaearned bits
offlinecurrently
ulla
Administrator
ulla Avatar
in turning divine, we tangle endlessly

from what i'm seeing, it looks like you have it installed correctly. i was poking around on your site with inspect element and i was able to get one of the icons to show as you can see here, so if you're having issues calling them perhaps it's with how you're inputting the icons themselves rather than with the import..?

you're going to want to use the

<i class="icon ion-md-NAME"></i>

method of calling each icon rather than the other way displayed
last edit on Mar 25, 2019 17:51:37 GMT by ulla
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.