write a reply

Coding Confessions

370written posts
elliearned bits
offlinecurrently
elli
elli Avatar
so i've been working on this page template for like two months... .. designed and coded it the first time around, didn't quite check off all the points i had in my head. coded it again, still not quite right. realized part of the problem was a design issue. re-designed it referencing as aspect of MDN's layout (an overall better solution), coded from scratch... now it's closer to what i had in mind. while i've been tripping balls over UX, my boss is just delighted to have the template available for the website at all lmao

there are more javascript improvements that i could/should make, but just for the sake of good practice. :relief:
last edit on Jul 9, 2022 3:26:02 GMT by elli
After over 17 years, I've decided to move on from ProBoards. If you need to contact me, find me on my website.
frog on the floor
aliasfreiheit, microwaved burrito
pronounsany
1,539written posts
pharaoh leapearned bits
offlinecurrently
pharaoh leap
Administrator
pharaoh leap Avatar
i've been having some pretty dark thoughts.
Hate when the clamp works differently for the parent class and its child. *sobs*
last edit on Jul 11, 2022 5:32:21 GMT by pharaoh leap
937written posts
gimmickearned bits
offlinecurrently
gimmick
Part of the Furniture
gimmick Avatar
All birds and men are sure to die but songs may live forever
I actually hate having to make decorative graphics. All the searching for and editing of assets, the starting the process over because you don't vibe with it — is there any part more tedious
last edit on Jul 17, 2022 16:16:15 GMT by gimmick
the chalk prince
aliaslua
pronounsthey / them
974written posts
citrinitasearned bits
offlinecurrently
citrinitas
Part of the Furniture
citrinitas Avatar
existential execution is just a fluke in evolution.
Codingway Avatar
When you wanna make something other than threading codes but have no fuckling clue what to do
sometimes i pretend i'm making guidebooks or site templates for skins that i'll never make. maybe you could take some of your skin designs and do something with that? :o 
370written posts
elliearned bits
offlinecurrently
elli
elli Avatar
i had to build some new pages where the desired content doesn't really fit the template and i'm a little poo-poo about it. like, there should be text content here, but instead, it's this long-ass lead gen form and the section is all stretched out. this wasn't the intended design!! page flow broken!!! marketers and their forms i s2g.
After over 17 years, I've decided to move on from ProBoards. If you need to contact me, find me on my website.
phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,358written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
what do you want to know? my height, hobbies, quirks, the color of my underwear?
ngl i always feel a little bad when a site gets a new skin and i find myself thinking that it's a downgrade from their last one-

write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW