aliasfreiheit, microwaved burrito
pronounsany
1,501written posts
pharaoh leapearned bits
offlinecurrently
pharaoh leap
Administrator
pharaoh leap Avatar
i've been having some pretty dark thoughts.
I came to the realization that there is no thread on site where people can talk about the most important aspect of partaking in fandom culture, and that is shipping. JK, JK... unless...

Real talk, though, talk about what sort of ships you like to ship. Romantic, platonic, hate ships, the works. What are you all-time favorites? What were some early bird ships you had (and do you still like them)? What are some ships you're really into right now? What are some guilty pleasure ships? Crack ships? Cross-fandom ships? Heck, what are some ships between RP characters you've done that you're really happy with? Share with the class and bond with others who have just as excellent shipping taste as you. Make sure to include fandom/site names, just in case there are any name doubles out there. <3
aliasdani, duckie
pronounsshe/her
34written posts
craneearned bits
offlinecurrently
crane
crane Avatar
ok, i'll bite!! [cracks knuckles] 

these are mostly for fire emblem three houses because it's... there's a lot! (also the most recent Thing I Am Into)

• basic bitch me holds up the dimisylvixgrid (the faerghus four in any iteration) banner instead. they're great in any capacity! toward each other! enemies because you didn't recruit them all and you're playing crimson flower? they all love each other/pair off (sylvix/dimilix/sylvgrid/feligrid? etc etc) in any way in azure moon? post-war shit? childhood friends shit?? love that. 

• dorogrid is also good! ingrid wins the award for best disaster gay because her mind is on other things always (meat, knighthood, dead betrothed - as one does) and then it just hits her unexpectedly! she is floored and a little dumb about it too. 

• hildamari!! is nice. my brain decided to parallel park next to the thought just after seeing their designs and my separate first impressions of them. love a good contrasting pair!!

• felinette. bolstered by that one fic where she stress bakes her way through the war and felix wakes the tf and realizes there is one good thing he can let happen to him and that is ms. annette fantine dominic. 

• i've received recent reports that ashe/yuri is good too. but it will be awhile before my research into this is complete. 

some of my formative ships (...lol) come from ffvii and it's tseng/reno or tseng/rufus. it's my favorite hill to die on. tseng/aerith too, but like one-sided most of the time. the only take away here is that my favorite character is tseng. another ship from the Early DaysTM is royai from FMA and vinochane from baccano. 

i don't have a specific ship in mind right now but i also like ships where one of them is spoiled rotten, has a shitty personality (it's the pits!!! sometimes, this is Felix Fire Emblem. or miya atsumu from haikyuu. or angela from carole and tuesday), and the other one is just long suffering but also impossibly fond (lowkey/highkey doesn't matter. they're GONE and that's FINE).  
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
opposites attract, fam. pessimist x optimist ships r so good??? i do love a good trageec storyline, ofc. my guilty pleasure ships have göt2b well-lived couples or we'll talk abt our mutual attraction never. platonically? goofy friends since pre-k or we just met here in (insert a strange, new environment) but we're together forever through everything rn.

in terms of character development, i prefer to create dependant but independent characters. i suppose, i simply ship realistic relationships??? platonic or otherwise. PLS. build the life, tear it down, shuffle it about, bring it into a new era. gimma that good shit. 

pronounsAny
29written posts
Devaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deva
Deva Avatar
And I hope that wherever life has taken you, that you're happy.
Ngl, I have always been a fan of the romantic ships and I'll gladly sink with it. Slow-burn is a go-to and I love different dynamics but ultimately the otp always ends up being that hard/cold/edgy/quiet-ass x the sunshine. I'm also a big fan of the quiet characters where their actions speak more than words do. But I'm also a huge sucker for angst and so I like to give them difficult and emotional things for them to overcome and then in the end give them that warm and fuzzy happy ending. sometimes.
#ishipit written Nov 3, 2020 14:22:10 GMT via mobile
praise the cats!
aliasthomas, breezescodes
pronounshe/him
820written posts
bcearned bits
offlinecurrently
bc
Summer '19 Bingo Completionist
bc Avatar
this is my murder mittens ^-^
dabihawksdabihawksdabihawks

no one is surprised by my answer i know but dabihawks is just so delicious like one video once said, i believe in the inherit eroticism of getting your ass handed and specifically your faced stepped on and yeah i basically just in it for the sweet sweet enemies to lovers slow burn of the century bickering like an old married couple and also feral hawks. always feral hawks
pronounsHe/Him
48written posts
TheMysteriousManearned bits
offlinecurrently
TheMysteriousMan
TheMysteriousMan Avatar
Currently breaking things.
I know that they both already have canon relationships, but come on... name ONE cute moment Inosuke and Aoi had. ONE. Can you name any? No? Me freakin neither. I felt like in the end, the author saw both of them were single, and was like, "welp, I need to rap up the series, but these guys are single. Here, yall are together now."

While I do admit Zenitsu and Nezuko is cute, i'm sorry, but I ship Zenitsu and Aoi.

(Also, I think that if you ship Bakugo and Uraraka, then your pure evil, and need to be purged.)

As for when it comes to rp, I like it when ships are really at each other's throats. Maybe it's because I rp as a lot of villains, and all my ships are usually villains as well, but I love "We are always arguing and insulting, but we still like each other in the end."
last edit on Nov 16, 2020 16:42:37 GMT by TheMysteriousMan
This guy is awesome.
|
|
\|/
v
haikuwu
aliasCooked Bread
pronounsThey / Him
623written posts
Toastyearned bits
offlinecurrently
Toasty
Part of the Furniture
Toasty Avatar
>w<
I like the ships where the character's stories are written into each other. Take Avatar for example: Zuko and Katara. Both of their arcs are so beautifully intertwined, which is why I don't understand why Katara ends up with Aang -_-
praise the cats!
aliasthomas, breezescodes
pronounshe/him
820written posts
bcearned bits
offlinecurrently
bc
Summer '19 Bingo Completionist
bc Avatar
this is my murder mittens ^-^
recently got into tgaa yeah im a little multishipping bitch if it exists i probably ship it there may be spoilers iunno

two pairings i did NOT expect at all to ship that intrigue me greatly ?? are homuaso (sholmes/asogi its just that sholmes is good @ playing people and asogi specifically canNot resist a single challenge - will do the dumbest shit to prove u wrong if u just call him a coward & with all the dumb shit sholmes does.......) & susabaro (susato/barok which is DEFINITELY one ship i didn't expect, but they're both more introverted people by nature and idk it works as a qp/mostly platonic ship tho i think baro is the gayest mf in tgaa like ryu might be bi but baro is repressed victorian gay man so its a lavender marriage i love lavendar marriages and jfkdslaslka hhhhhrgh)
last edit on Jan 28, 2022 17:48:15 GMT by bc
aliasdismay
pronounsshe/her
445written posts
fossaearned bits
offlinecurrently
fossa
fossa Avatar
he's suppose to be DEAD
at heart, im basic and i love shipping. give me the goods. most recent ships i've been sighing at:

• mysterious woman & elktaur, centaurworld
  • viktor / jayce / mel, arcane
  • ysayle / estinien, ffxiv
  • estinien / aymeric, ffxiv
  • horchata / wol, ffxiv
  • luz / amity, the owl house

i don't have a lot of.... preferences. is it cute?? is it interesting?? great sign me up.

one specific dynamic i have a big soft spot for is like -- younger characters having strong emotional bonds and awkwardly fumbling through life together and being super close. it's just really endearing and heartwarming to watch or read.

im also weak for enemies-to-lovers (when it makes sense) and flat out hateships.

and like. tragedy. depressing ends to a ship that ruin my day and haunt me?? heck yea
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW