sugar & spice [restaurant wars interest check!]

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
aliasthat bitch.
pronouns"that bitch" still works tbh (any OK!)
551written posts
selkieearned bits
offlinecurrently
selkie
Part of the Furniture
selkie Avatar
a verb in perfect view.
brain too small to make systems but i think setting up something where members can show whether or not they're cool for Derailment would be interesting

i.e. flag a thread btwn two members as being open to guests, and people can hop in and out and cause problems on purpose if they want

NIGHTBLOOM Avatar
Now I just need a template that resembles Yelp! xD Anyone know of one out there (or anyone willing to help make one?)
i'll hook you up w/ something soon-ish if that's gucci LMAO prob can't offer anything else since im still on code vacation orz
weeping omens advertisement

all my proboards templates require the style tags plugin!
aliasmiddy, midnight
pronounsShe/Her
663written posts
NIGHTBLOOMearned bits
offlinecurrently
NIGHTBLOOM
Part of the Furniture
NIGHTBLOOM Avatar
so it goes.
selkie Avatar
brain too small to make systems but i think setting up something where members can show whether or not they're cool for Derailment would be interesting

i.e. flag a thread btwn two members as being open to guests, and people can hop in and out and cause problems on purpose if they want

NIGHTBLOOM Avatar
Now I just need a template that resembles Yelp! xD Anyone know of one out there (or anyone willing to help make one?)
i'll hook you up w/ something soon-ish if that's gucci LMAO prob can't offer anything else since im still on code vacation orz

Omg, YES. I can even call that board "Derailment" LOL. Nah, maybe Public Access? Any threads inside are Guest Friendly so people can yell at the poor waitress and be like "MY COFFEE IS TOO HOT UGH" and chaos a scene. YESSS.

AND YEEESSS tysm for offering to make something! I appreciate it and you. 💕

coming soon.
phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,236written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
at this, the world's end, do we cast off tomorrow~!
i'll definitely second what said for it might be a good idea to have some kind of options built into the site so that you can have some more static figures on the site than "anonymous" reviews but not full-on fleshed out mega active characters. (look, i'm just dumb, and i want options that will help enable me to be a cryptid who appears every now and again to cause shenanigans and then disappear again back into the ether until i decide to do it all over again.)

like that was why i suggested the static account for guests - not so much for reviews, more intended so there's an option for selkie to be able to go pull a fire alarm at 2am during a health inspection just to cause chaos and watch the results. (and possibly allow a bit of separation for like "these boards are guaranteed safe from shenanigans, these ones are not, have fun")

like i said, i'm just wanting to occasionally pop up and hold cooking competitions where one month first prize goes to a gorgeous five layer cake shaped like bulbasaur with made from scratch icing and the kind of prose inspired by the muses themselves and then the next month it goes to someone who served me a pizza that's been in and out of the oven 27 times and has a frowny face in burnt cheese from the 60 pounds of various cheeses someone put on it and whose presentation post is a rambling journey of delights that made me choke on my own spit from laughing so hard-
last edit on Mar 8, 2021 22:38:13 GMT by Kuroya

aliasmiddy, midnight
pronounsShe/Her
663written posts
NIGHTBLOOMearned bits
offlinecurrently
NIGHTBLOOM
Part of the Furniture
NIGHTBLOOM Avatar
so it goes.
I get what y'all mean but who would stop someone from changing the password and ruining it for people? Unless I am misunderstanding how this account would be set up. xD

I am all for having NPC accounts. If someone doesn't want to go through the process of an app, just register as an NPC, slap a generic pic on the account and go to town. I'm all for that!

Okay, so... I have maybe... Come up with restaurant names!!

Or, well, at least for the whacky... But... Okay.

Menagerie? Or Carousel? I was thinking Carousel for the bougie French restaurant but it could also work for the whacky one. I do want to give the bougie restaurant a fancy one-word name though lol

coming soon.
aliasmiddy, midnight
pronounsShe/Her
663written posts
NIGHTBLOOMearned bits
offlinecurrently
NIGHTBLOOM
Part of the Furniture
NIGHTBLOOM Avatar
so it goes.
Double post, sorry!

I was initially going to make this on Proboards but I got convinced to make it on jcink |D It will be my first jcink forum so bare with me but, yeah. I hope that is ok with everyone! I could always open a poll?

coming soon.
540written posts
Sharpearned bits
offlinecurrently
Sharp
Part of the Furniture
Sharp Avatar
I like big fonts and I cannot lie
Oh yea I just mean more like- people just playing customers or random one off characters could just register an OOC account and post from it if they don't want to worry about another guest hijacking their chaos or if they want to be a part of the community without having a full time character.

Instead of tagging threads a certain way it'd probably be better to have a board category that has guest permissions to post disabled, that way if some random doesn't read the rules carefully they can't accidently hop in a thread between Romeo and Juliet having secret dinner together in one of the back alleys.
last edit on Mar 9, 2021 0:15:02 GMT by Sharp
pronounshe/him
880written posts
Desmond Milesearned bits
offlinecurrently
Desmond Miles
Part of the Furniture
Desmond Miles Avatar
we will have peace at any cost
NIGHTBLOOM Avatar
Double post, sorry!

I was initially going to make this on Proboards but I got convinced to make it on jcink |D It will be my first jcink forum so bare with me but, yeah. I hope that is ok with everyone! I could always open a poll?

you know i was gonna say earlier that managing any guest accounts would be a lot easier jcink to better control what they can and cannot post, how they send PMs, etc. if that somehow influences your decision better!

Now serving!
aliasmiddy, midnight
pronounsShe/Her
663written posts
NIGHTBLOOMearned bits
offlinecurrently
NIGHTBLOOM
Part of the Furniture
NIGHTBLOOM Avatar
so it goes.
Desmond Miles Avatar
NIGHTBLOOM Avatar
Double post, sorry!

you know i was gonna say earlier that managing any guest accounts would be a lot easier jcink to better control what they can and cannot post, how they send PMs, etc. if that somehow influences your decision better!

Yeah! I guess its just a matter of me getting used to the ACP on jcink and also the permission masks, but already explained how it could be possible to have a guest account and keep people from changing a password, or at least reclaiming the account if they do change it.

Also i am thinking of having a dedicated board to let guests post their shenanigans in. So if members make their threads in that board, they're also stating they are willing to have guests enter at random.

coming soon.
aliasmiddy, midnight
pronounsShe/Her
663written posts
NIGHTBLOOMearned bits
offlinecurrently
NIGHTBLOOM
Part of the Furniture
NIGHTBLOOM Avatar
so it goes.
It has been a few days, so I just want to update everyone who isn't on the Discord! Which, btw, the link above expired somehow?? IDK... Here's a new one!

Anyway, here's where I'm at currently!

• The site has been remade on jcink. I bought a pretty premade with some matching templates, and it is SO. CUTE. ♥
• The quirky restaurant is called Menagerie!
• The "restaurant review" area is called The Dish! It is a guest-friendly board where members and guests alike can post their reviews for the restaurants.
My idea for this is to have some sort of... redirected splash page that takes you to a form to fill out... And then, when submitted, it'll automatically post to a thread or something? IDK if that's possible to do but... It is an idea. If anyone has any ideas about how this sort of "system" could work, please brainstorm with me!

• Awards, both staff given and "purchasable" ones, will be implemented! I've already come up with a few. I'll be utilizing jcink's "shop" system to allow members to pick and choose their own flair, as well as have special ones awarded for doing certain things.

NOW. Here's what I still need to finish:

• Fill in the necessary info threads. But this shouldn't be too hard. I already had most of it done on the Proboards site, I just gotta stop getting sidetracked by pretty things. lol
• Come up with a name for the "Fancy" restaurant! It is harder than I thought.
• Also the city name! I have a filler name of Torrance but I'd love a food pun name... hm.
• Regardless of how it is set up, I do still need a review template akin to Yelp or any sort of site that has reviews.
• Advertisement images and aff buttons. Buuuutttttt these are my favorite part so they'll be last, as like a... home stretch or finishing reward. IDK. lol!

last edit on Mar 11, 2021 4:32:30 GMT by NIGHTBLOOM

coming soon.
aliasmiddy, midnight
pronounsShe/Her
663written posts
NIGHTBLOOMearned bits
offlinecurrently
NIGHTBLOOM
Part of the Furniture
NIGHTBLOOM Avatar
so it goes.
I have a few more templates to set up, and make the rest of the RP areas but, the site is coming along nicely!

If anyone is interested in being sort of a beta tester/soft opening help, please let me know. I would like to know how easy the templates are to fill out, and how easy the "restaurant review" area will be, for members and guests alike.

coming soon.
aliasmiddy, midnight
pronounsShe/Her
663written posts
NIGHTBLOOMearned bits
offlinecurrently
NIGHTBLOOM
Part of the Furniture
NIGHTBLOOM Avatar
so it goes.
✦ MAD Avatar
[nospaces]

Sadly I can't join you cause I'm so busy with my own forum, but I'm keeping an eye open for this cause I'd love to be affiliated. 💖

Of course, of course. ♥ I don't really know Genshin Impact but your forum is so pretty and tempting~ hehe.

coming soon.