[nospaces]

[attr="class","opmind"]
[attr="class","opmindtop"]
[attr="class","opmindtopp"]

[attr="class","opmindtopleft"][attr="class","th th-bread-2-o"]

[attr="class","opmindtopright"]SUGAR & SPICE

[attr="class","opmindblurb"]
[attr="class","opmindblurb1"]

Thanks to for burning this idea into my head and encouraging me to make this! XD Even if you didn't specifically ask for me to. You showed interest, therefore I felt like delivering...

[break][break]

the premise

Anyway! Sugar & Spice will be an animanga RP based in a large metropolis (either made up or maybe based in Tokyo, or somewhere in Europe). It will be based around a restaurant and its every-day antics! [Restaurant] has been owned by a certain family for generations, and its quirky ways have always gathered business. However, a new up and coming restaurant that caters to the more classy side of town has emerged, and the two compete to stay at the top.

[break][break]

Quirky restaurant will have themes that change every so often; during summer, the restaurant might be themed in a Tropical Getaway style, where the waitresses wear hula skirt and leis, and everything on the menu is fresh and summery. Or maybe a cute maid cafe, specializing in simple, small treats and teas. Quirky restaurant owner hires all sorts of folks, even those with no food service experience. If you're down on your luck, he'll put faith in ya. Overall, he's a good guy, though rather eccentric. He might be playable, if anyone would want to play him. Otherwise, he'll be NPC'd by staff.

[break][break]

And then there is the bougie French-style restaurant that focuses more on their flavors rather than their ensembles. The owner is a professionally trained chef who graduated from a prestigious culinary institute in France. She's no-nonsense and only hires the best of the best; there's a culinary institute in the city, which she also teaches a course for, and she only accepts the top graduates to work for her. A few of the current workers could be graduates from other places, as well. But I wanted to incorporate a Culinary Institute as well.

[break][break]

the setting

I honestly can't decide if I want it to be a made-up city somewhere with references to RL places, or just have it be based in Tokyo or something. The main areas will be the restaurants of course, but there will also be other places to go, such as parks and schools and whatnot.

[break][break]

the goal

This site will be super relaxed. And silly. I want you to envision every silly anime involving food that you can. Yakitate Japan comes to mind, in that the plot is "normal" but the events can get... whacky. I'd love for this site to be fast-paced, yet relaxed, if that makes sense. There's not going to be a word count and the app will be incredibly simple; in fact, I really am going to encourage rapid-fire posting and shenanigans for this site.

[break][break]

A fun aspect I want to bring to the site is also the ability for people to post reviews for each restaurant! Credit goes to for that idea! I am wondering exactly how to implement that (like, make a special board for such reviews? Two guest-friendly threads pertaining to each restaurant?) This feature will be called "Howl" and will be similar to Yelp... Name pending, I'm sure there's a better alternative out there, lol!

to do

The site itself is complete. I have the info threads up, with a lot of info already filled out... However, I am stuck with naming things! The name of the city, the name of the restaurants... I had an idea to also find cute uniform references for the Culinary Institute... So that will take some time. Otherwise, this projcect should be ready soon!

[break][break]

If anyone wants to help out at all, even if it's just with coming up with names and such yet you don't want to be a staff member, any help is appreciated!

[attr="class","opmindbot"]

[googlefont=Poppins]
[googlefont=Open Sans]
[googlefont=Hammersmith]
[newclass=.opmind]padding:14px;border:solid 1px #e2e2e2;background-color:#f3f3f3;width:450px;color:#444444;text-align:justify;font:12px Open Sans;[/newclass]

[newclass=.opmindtop]background-color:#DDAAAA;padding:1px;height:133px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.opmindtopp]background-color:#f5f5f5;opacity:.25;position:absolute;height:133px;width:448px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.opmindtopleft]border:solid 1px #DDAAAA;height:65px;width:60px;letter-spacing:-1px;padding-right:5px;background-color:#f5f5f5;float:left;margin:33px 0px 0px 33px;font:30px Poppins;font-weight:800!important;line-height:65px;color:#DDAAAA;text-align:center;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=.opmindtopright]margin:33px 33px 0px 103px;border:solid 1px #ddaaaa;height:65px;background-color:#f5f5f5;color:#ddaaaa;font:30px Poppins;line-height:65px;font-weight:800!important;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:right;padding-right:25px;white-space:nowrap;overflow:hidden;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=.opmindtop2]border:solid 1px #e2e2e2;background-color:#f9f9f9;border-top:none;padding:14px;font:10px Hammersmith One;text-align:right;text-transform:uppercase;font-style:italic;[/newclass]

[newclass=.opmindblurb]border-left:solid 1px #e2e2e2;border-right:solid 1px #e2e2e2;padding:6px;background-color:#eeeeee;[/newclass]

[newclass=.opmindblurb1]border:solid 1px #e2e2e2;background-color:#f9f9f9;padding:34px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.opmindblurb1 h1]font:27px Open Sans;color:#DDAAAA;font-weight:200!important;line-height:25px;font-style:italic;padding:20px 0px 20px 15px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]

[newclass=.opmindblurb1 h2]font:10px Hammersmith One;color:#aaaaaa;font-style:italic;line-height:10px;margin-top:-15px;padding:0px 0px 20px 15px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]

[newclass=.opmindblurb1 b]font:10px Hammersmith One;color:#aaaaaa;[/newclass]

[newclass=.opmindblurb1 a]font:10px Hammersmith One;color:#DDAAAA;[/newclass]

[newclass=.opmindblurb1 i]color:#aaaaaa;[/newclass]

[newclass=.opmindblurb1 u]border-bottom:1px dashed #ddaaaa;[/newclass]

[newclass=.opmindbot]background-color:#DDAAAA;padding:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.opmindbot div]height:15px;background-color:#f5f5f5;opacity:.25;[/newclass]
last edit on Mar 8, 2021 7:01:48 GMT by NIGHTBLOOM

coming soon.
214written posts
✦ MADearned bits
offlinecurrently
✦ MAD
✦ MAD Avatar
[nospaces]
 [break] [break]

I'd say go with a made-up place cause then you can be free and creative with what you need or want around the area. I'm personally not a "fast-paced" roleplayer, but even if I couldn't join because I tend to prefer slow-paced places, I'll be rooting for Sugar and Spice cause this idea is so cute, fun, and out of the ordinary. I love it.

pronounsThey/Them
544written posts
Coyoteearned bits
offlinecurrently
Coyote
Part of the Furniture
Coyote Avatar
I'm moderately paced when it comes to posting but I am so enamored with this concept lol, something lighthearted and silly just sounds like what the RP scene needs right now!

I agree with Mads in that a made-up place would be really fun, even if it takes place in a real life place maybe it's a made-up town in said real place? Then you get the setting vibes while also having wiggle room! ^^

Man names though, I feel like a good cute pun name for the quirky place?

Then the fancy place needs something that sounds decadent LOL, I'll have to think on it! But I'm really excited!
aliasmiddy, midnight
pronounsShe/Her
662written posts
NIGHTBLOOMearned bits
offlinecurrently
NIGHTBLOOM
Part of the Furniture
NIGHTBLOOM Avatar
so it goes.
✦ MAD Avatar
[nospaces]
 [break] [break]

I'd say go with a made-up place cause then you can be free and creative with what you need or want around the area. I'm personally not a "fast-paced" roleplayer, but even if I couldn't join because I tend to prefer slow-paced places, I'll be rooting for Sugar and Spice cause this idea is so cute, fun, and out of the ordinary. I love it.

Aw, thank you!

Though I think maybe I explained "fast paced" incorrectly? I meant it in a way where like, no one will be expected to write super huge posts?? But by all means, anyone is free to do so!

I really just want to see people have fun, and keep things flowing. Smaller posts are encouraged, but it's not for everyone so things can be slower paced.

coming soon.
540written posts
Sharpearned bits
offlinecurrently
Sharp
Part of the Furniture
Sharp Avatar
I like big fonts and I cannot lie
If joined this

-
I’m fine with any pace really, but keeping it low key would be nice. Will people be able to play things like health inspectors, the delivery truck person who stocks the restaurant, etc?
phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,232written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
at this, the world's end, do we cast off tomorrow~!
Sharp Avatar
If joined this

-
I’m fine with any pace really, but keeping it low key would be nice. Will people be able to play things like health inspectors, the delivery truck person who stocks the restaurant, etc?

asdfjkl

listen, i'm not gonna say that you've now kind of gotten me invested in basically being the guest reviewer equivalent of let's game it out but i'm not not gonna say that-

pronounsThey/Them
544written posts
Coyoteearned bits
offlinecurrently
Coyote
Part of the Furniture
Coyote Avatar
Kuroya Avatar
Sharp Avatar
If joined this

-
asdfjkl

listen, i'm not gonna say that you've now kind of gotten me invested in basically being the guest reviewer equivalent of let's game it out but i'm not not gonna say that-
Lets game it out was the inspiration I was going to take for my first character based off the line that suggest that one doesn't need food service experience to be hired at this place. When I say I've been dying for a place lighthearted enough to play a chef like this jkglhdfkjgsh.
4,232written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
Coyote Avatar
Kuroya Avatar
asdfjkl

Lets game it out was the inspiration I was going to take for my first character based off the line that suggest that one doesn't need food service experience to be hired at this place. When I say I've been dying for a place lighthearted enough to play a chef like this jkglhdfkjgsh.

i take it back, i just want to be able to be a guest who occasionally places orders from this character and see what absolute chaos i get as a result

4,232written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
double post but wait no i take back my take back

all i want is to just. pop in idk once a month or once every other month to do a "cooking show" type challenge where my character throws down a general order for people to try to fill in whatever style they choose and i name.... honestly however many "winners" staff + i agree is fair for the number + quality of submissions. but the catch is........ you have an equal chance of winning whether you go about it the tryhard way making a delicious + innovative cake with a beautiful story about making it or the absolutely joke way of "this is my cake, it was meant to look like mario but it caught on fire in the oven so now it's bowser having a heart attack and his mane is made of broken glass and jalapenos"

that's it, that's all i want out of this-
last edit on Mar 8, 2021 18:20:43 GMT by Kuroya

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
aliasthat bitch.
pronouns"that bitch" still works tbh (any OK!)
551written posts
selkieearned bits
offlinecurrently
selkie
Part of the Furniture
selkie Avatar
a verb in perfect view.
js if yall do the thing mentioned and allow guests to drop by and create chaos i 100.00% will get bored at 2am, find this site, and cause problems on purpose. my godly parent is eris and all i want to do is pull the fire alarm in the middle of a health inspection. that is all
weeping omens advertisement

all my proboards templates require the style tags plugin!
aliasmiddy, midnight
pronounsShe/Her
662written posts
NIGHTBLOOMearned bits
offlinecurrently
NIGHTBLOOM
Part of the Furniture
NIGHTBLOOM Avatar
so it goes.
Anything outside of the restaurant is able to be made, yes. Food critics, magazine reporters, mukbangers... XD And even regular slide of life things like librarians and police officers and what not. Yes yes, anything is possible.

I'm definitely down for some cooking competitions, for sure!! What's a rivalry without an intense competition?

The guest thing WILL happen, I just need to figure out how to highlight it as a feature so people KNOW it is there without having to dig through boards... 🤔

coming soon.
4,232written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
i love how much of the genuine excitement for the site is all of us perking up like the untitled goose sensing a renewed calm in the village-

maybe set things up so that guests get their own posting category / board to do things like place orders + leave reviews + generally cause chaos? include a guest account that can post in certain threads to cause chaos like divine intervention if the gods were the unholy spawn of loki + a goose? idk

540written posts
Sharpearned bits
offlinecurrently
Sharp
Part of the Furniture
Sharp Avatar
I like big fonts and I cannot lie
I think that the ad is what will make or break the guest posting feature. How to describe it in a few eye catching words will probably be the hardest part. Maybe a link in the ad to direct people to how guest posts will operate would be good though?

I suspect members will probably guest post as well. You could also do customers as an account per player thing and do no app for them and at least be able to keep track of the guests if that is important. Might make it slightly easier to tell who is piloting a customer. -I'd probably keep guest posting but have an option for an account like this for people who want to be a more permanent part of the community but just want to fling customers at us.
last edit on Mar 8, 2021 20:31:35 GMT by Sharp
pronounshe/him
877written posts
Desmond Milesearned bits
onlinecurrently
Desmond Miles
Part of the Furniture
Desmond Miles Avatar
we will have peace at any cost
i keep telling myself that i dont need another site and yet, everything that's bring proposed here has me completely on the floor in laughter. i think a semi serious semi chaotic rp is the exact thing we all need right now?? in any case, im totally excited to see this get off the ground. im already thinking about what characters i'm gonna use...

Now serving!
aliasmiddy, midnight
pronounsShe/Her
662written posts
NIGHTBLOOMearned bits
offlinecurrently
NIGHTBLOOM
Part of the Furniture
NIGHTBLOOM Avatar
so it goes.
Omg guys y'all are making me excited too! xD I mean, I gotta be if I'm gonna run this shindig.

I can feature the guest reviews in the advertisement for it, yes... I don't know about making an account for people to use solely for adding reviews, I'd rather guests use their own uh, guest accounts? haha.

Now I just need a template that resembles Yelp! xD Anyone know of one out there (or anyone willing to help make one?)

coming soon.