milk
milk Avatar
still lactose intolerant
[nospaces]

WELCOME TO IXORIA

[break]
Progress Entry #1
[break]
The Kingdom of Ixoria is a jcink premium modern magical fantasy animanga roleplay with inspirations are taken from FFVII, FFXV, & Burn the Witch. It has a heavy focus on magic and high fantasy, with races like elves, humans, dwarves, and beastfolk and taking those concepts and applying them to a modern-day setting! Everything from cellphones to a superfast metro, Ixoris City, the royal capital is the biggest modern metropolis akin to places like New York City and Tokyo.

[break][break]

Ixoria is a Kingdom, protected by a military better known as Knights of Ixoria. There are other factions within the Kingdom, as the Kingdom itself has two major small states within it. The Paradis Keys, the island chain to the South and home of the Elves, and Austrum, a city-state deep in the Northern Neverest Mountains and an original mining camp of the dwarves.

[break][break]

Unaffiliated factions include Civilians (the normies), Independent Mercenary-like Watchmen who hunt dangerous beasts known as the Mana Animus, and of course, a free criminal rogue-like faction.

[break][break]

And in the background, there is an evil organization that detests the advent of manatechnology and believes its development has tainted the mana that flows so freely in the land.

[break][break]

There is going to be a mostly freeform but also stat-based magic system. Basically, we have different methods of spell casting (Verbal, Sigil, Conduit & Bloodline) and character ‘superpowers’ or magic basically fall under these types of categories. The character ‘flavor’ if you will. Furthermore, mana itself can contain spirits or what is known as a ‘Voice.’ It’s really meant to be a system that provides good building blocks to get really creative!
[break][break]

In terms of a mechanical power system, we have a 4-stat based rank system. Each of these four stats determines an important part of character strength and ability, with the average of each of the four creating the overall character rank. It’s similar to a D&D system, but it is meant to be very simplified and easy to understand.

[break][break]

I didn’t really want to put anything up for fear of creating yet another project that would go down to be forgotten about, but I really have got a lot of basics down and even something of a timeline to get everything done!

[break][break]

What’s been done so far:
[break]
We have a site skin! It’s a premade with quite a few edits done myself and so far I’ve loved the way it has been turning out and I’m really quite picky with the way skins look haha. It even has a guidebook page! Here are some previews! [break][break]

[break][break]
[break][break]

[break][break]
About 70% of the lore has been written up, it really just needs a lot of finalizing and polish. (There’s even a map!) As well as transferring everything over to the site itself as currently, everything is in a google drive.

[break][break]

So far there are three main members of our team (including myself). I serve mostly as the loremaster and coder and we have another guy working out our power and stat system.

[break][break]

What we aim to do:
[break]
Finish the rest of the systems and lore! While I had hoped to get everything done before August, it seems a bit of a stretch to think that it can be done before then so now we are aiming for around mid-August for a site beta. Basically, a way to have more things playtested and bounce around interest. I really want to work on a character creation guide that helps set things up step by step, but of course, all the systems need to be set up first!

[break][break]

Finish the rest of the GFX! Pictures are hard. And so is the free version of photoshop ;-;

[break][break]

Locations, locations, locations. Did you know that probably one of the more grueling aspects in my opinion is writing blurbs for each forum location on a board?

[break][break]

Add and finalize groups and colors!
[break][break]
If you are interested:
[break]
Let me know! I'm badtz-milk#0240 on discord. We do have a discord server set up so if you would like to hang out with us and give input on what we're doing, it would be lovely! Also liking this post or posting in this thread would be much appreciated and also feel free to ask any and all questions~!

[Googlefont=Open Sans][Googlefont=Abril Fatface]
last edit on Jul 29, 2021 5:32:57 GMT by milk
pronounsshe/her
31written posts
trishearned bits
offlinecurrently
trish
trish Avatar
to grad school or not to grad school
Yesss.

YESSSSSSSS.

At last, my characters can take a selfie after beating up a manticore or something.

I'm familiar with Photoshop (gotta be, since it's a core program for my work), so I can help with graphics if you need it! I'll be sure to message you on Discord later <3
pronounsShe/Her
251written posts
milkearned bits
offlinecurrently
milk
milk Avatar
still lactose intolerant
[nospaces]

WELCOME TO IXORIA

[break]

Progress Entry #2[break]

Some minor things have been finished up! Mostly in regards to cosmetic things, namely member groups, some advertisements and buttons. A few base boards have been put together and I also finally started working on the site rules! Our stat system handbook has also had its first rendition completed! Though again, it might just take a while to move everything over to the site and give everything that once over polish. 
[break][break]
I plan on tackling quite a bit of things over the weekend as long as I don't get too distracted by video games. 
[break][break]

What we aim to do:

[break]
Still finishing up most of the core world-building centric ideas and also finish up writing the rest of the major factions.
[break]
Still finish up on most of the general locations writing.
[break]
Give everything the 110%!
[break][break]

[break]
Hello! And thank you so much for showing interest!! selfies with manticores sounds so crazy fun LOL My DM's are always open! I've already got most of the major fixin's down like site advertisements and buttons, though I'm sure that I could also use help elsewhere to beautify the site!! :D

pronounsShe/Her
251written posts
milkearned bits
offlinecurrently
milk
milk Avatar
still lactose intolerant
ricochet Avatar
i am so interested! sadly your discord name isn't valid? i'd love to join the discord and get involved!

Oh no! D: I think Discord might be case sensitive actually? So i think i'm actually Badtz-Milk#0240. But not to worry, I'll dm you an invite as well!

Thank you so much for your interest! 
pronounsShe/Her
251written posts
milkearned bits
offlinecurrently
milk
milk Avatar
still lactose intolerant
[nospaces]

WELCOME TO IXORIA

[break]

Progress Entry #3[break]
Quite a few things have been done! What I consider the most time consuming has been started, mostly in that of setting up boards on the site, writing blurbs and in general some organization! Site rules have mostly been finished, with a few more systems to be polished up. We have had a player handbook in the works, that in-depth explains the combat and spell system we have going on. The site itself will focus mostly on PvE, but a majority of the rules and system mechanics also cater to those who may be PvP inclined. Our Discord is slowly growing and well, a majority of that also needs to set up more too LOL 

[break][break]
What we aim to do:

[break]

Finish up Faction Descriptions and Geographical Locations (as well as ad them all to the board itself) [break]
Finish up some lore bits regarding Kingdoms outside of Ixoria and the 'realm' at large. The main focus of the site will remain in the singular Kingdom, though planned expansion to include others if there is interest. [break]

[break][break] 
Meanwhile, thank you again everyone who has shown interest! 

last edit on Jul 31, 2021 21:19:25 GMT by milk
pronounsShe/Her
251written posts
milkearned bits
offlinecurrently
milk
milk Avatar
still lactose intolerant
[nospaces]

WELCOME TO IXORIA

[break]

Progress Entry #4[break]
Oh geez, to be honest, it's rather hard to define most progress when it doesn't really happen on site, but instead a lot of backend stuff. Also, work has been kicking me in the butt. A few more organization things have been written up, namely an event system some general guidelines. There's going to be major site events mixed in with player submitted and run events, since the team is very small and managing events is always a hassle when done by a small team... (past staffer experience PTSD)
[break][break]
Currently aiming to finish all the site factions information! The idea is that it's set in a very large 'United' Kingdom, so Ixoria is the overall Kingdom, but there is a couple of smaller major states within it. Also, there will be other Kingdoms beyond the main one, but the site is generally meant to focus on the single Kingdom itself. Don't worry, there is still plenty to do!
[break][break]
The systems handbook has basically been finished! I won't say it's not a learning curve (any rp power system will be), but overall I think it is rather easy to pick up on within a reading or two. It is a ranked progression system, from D to EX tiers. You have four stats that that have a letter rank and the average of these ranks leads to your overall character rank. Spells and ranked abilities also have single letter ranks. Your average character Rank determines the highest rank of spell you can use. Characters can actually start as high as A-Rank Canons, but the grind:tm: to the top is still fairly long. I'm personally not against the grind:tm:, because this is going to be a stat progression RP, but the idea is that you can start pretty powerful, then to get to those legendary tiers, it should still take a little bit of time and development. There are options to start lower, and the build up is naturally faster at lower ranks compared to higher ones.
[break][break]
And for character progression, there's planned to be a kind of 'endgame' or 'event' based shop for people who well, once you've reached the top, what do you do? The idea is to keep active community engagement beyond just progression, so you can buy things like pets or titles.
[break][break]
Besides ranking, there is also a spell/action creation system. But again, it's meant to be simple as possible (I stress upon that because personally, I'm always a bit intimidated by seemingly complex systems and etc). And really, it's there to prevent abuse of power to meta-gaming the system and for those who just really want to go nitty gritty on the PvP aspect. (I am not one of those people personally LMAO) Hey, if I can understand the system well enough, then you can do it too!
[break][break]
What we aim to do:

[break]
Review and finish the factions and geographical locations! (Still the most grueling aspect of putting a site together) [break][break]
Transfer EVERYTHING over to the site itself. A lot of it is all in google docs, but I can basically say it's about 90% all there!
[break][break]
Fix up all the site links and main profiles! And fancy up the discord!
[break][break]
Give everything that 110%!

last edit on Aug 8, 2021 17:43:32 GMT by milk
pronounsShe/Her
251written posts
milkearned bits
offlinecurrently
milk
milk Avatar
still lactose intolerant
[nospaces]

WELCOME TO IXORIA

[break]

Progress Entry #5[break]
Ah it's so exciting to see real progress being made!! [break]

[break]

[break]
[break]
Finally, all the major guidelines and faction information has been completed, so begins the process of moving everything over to the site itself! However, it really does take a LONG time :sob: I've been rereading and reediting everyone over again as well, trying to make it without any major grammar errors as possible, I'm praying to the grammarly gods LOL [break][break]
The magic system itself is also nearly completed! Again, the emphasis is basically to do whatever you would like with an additional stat and progress system behind it.
[break][break]
However, as I know that a lot of people like a freeform, do whatever I want kind of setting, we have basically made all system and magic rules optional for almost all potential threads. All you would need to do is label your thread as a [Non System] thread to have all magic system rules be discounted. These would be somewhat limited, as site events would still have to be system or game based, but any other individual character canon or development is free to be system free if you would like! In essence, it's there for people who want it, and also not there for people who don't.
[break][break]
Also since I'm finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, here's our main discord server. It's still a WIP, with some channels still needing to put up, but we'll get there eventually.
[break][break]
What we aim to do:

[break]
Transfer everything over!
[break][break]
Fix up all the site links and main profiles! And fancy up the discord!
[break][break]
Finish up building all the site boards!
[break][break]
Decide on my own character concept (i wanna rp on my own board too :sob: )

last edit on Aug 15, 2021 22:12:23 GMT by milk
pronounsShe/Her
251written posts
milkearned bits
offlinecurrently
milk
milk Avatar
still lactose intolerant
[nospaces]

WELCOME TO IXORIA

[break]

Progress Entry #6[break]
Woo! Work and school have been kicking me in the butt, but I'm so excited to say that most of the guidebook has been completed! Membergroup info has all been moved over, and now I finally get to smash my face into making all those boards and locations for the site!
[break][break]
The magic system is still underway, but a majority of it is finished and its just going to make me a while to also move everything on that over to the site. We will probably miss the open by September deadline, so now I'm hoping for a mid-September launch for the site beta.
[break][break]
Also once again, here's our main discord server. Still very much a WIP, but it's getting there with new channels and roles being added very soon!
[break][break]
What we aim to do:

[break]
[break][break]
Fix up all the site links! And fancy up the discord!
[break][break]
Finish up building all the site boards!
[break][break]
Other setting up threads and submissions!
[break][break]
Decide on my own character concept (i wanna rp on my own board too :sob: )

pronounsShe/Her
251written posts
milkearned bits
offlinecurrently
milk
milk Avatar
still lactose intolerant
[nospaces]

WELCOME TO IXORIA

[break]

Progress Entry #7[break]
Not a whole lot of progress, but progress has been happening! More board threads have been put up and I'd say we're about 50% done with all the setting up. Sadly, my main other staff partner has had to take a break in working on the site due to IRL and other commitments, so now I'm mostly just doing the stuff on my own, but I'm chugging away and determined to make this succeed!
[break][break]
The systems handbook has actually started to get put up on site! (Though once again, it's going to be a fair bit of effort to get everything moved over). I was actually kind of worried over whether people would like the system that was created, I tend to find most complex things daunting myself and also find most people who break down posts line by line in order to find every weakness and mistake you made in your post to be... a little intimidating. I digress in the fact that people are people, and people have fun in different ways. *shrug* But, I think that it caters to a niche audience as well as focusing on the optional aspect of it caters to people who wish to focus on a more purely narrative journey. Te be honest, I miss a lot of combat rp, but I don't miss the number crunching and the people who break out dictionaries to tell you what your own post means...
[break][break]
I definitely do NOT want to create an environment like that. I do hope to break out the beta soon, seeing how the system itself will work in play and whether or not it's actually something that players will enjoy.
[break][break]
Anyway, I am pretty excited about the world and lore that's been created. I hope it can cater to those who very much want that moder/sci-fi but also fantasy setting. I think that I might've written a lot in regards to world lore, so I think I will also make TL;DR versions of the major aspects.
Also once again, here's our main discord server. Still very much a WIP, but it's getting there with new channels and roles being added very soon!
[break][break]
What we aim to do:

[break]
[break][break]
[break][break]
Finish up building all the site boards! (About halfway there)
[break][break]

375written posts
watcherearned bits
offlinecurrently
watcher
watcher Avatar
Modern stuff isn't really my thing, but with the sites I've been looking into not fitting or stalled... I might as well look for alternatives.

Are races very rigidly defined? Could someone be of a unique sort of race or something?

Could a character's backstory establish something about the setting's past?
pronounsShe/Her
251written posts
milkearned bits
offlinecurrently
milk
milk Avatar
still lactose intolerant
watcher Avatar
Modern stuff isn't really my thing, but with the sites I've been looking into not fitting or stalled... I might as well look for alternatives.

Are races very rigidly defined? Could someone be of a unique sort of race or something?

Could a character's backstory establish something about the setting's past?

Hello! Thanks for showing some interest!

In regards to races, there are four races that we are going to allow as playable. Humans, Elves, Dwarves, and Beastfolk. Beastfolk being a more generic term for mostly humans with animal characteristics and can range from just having animal ears to being more anthro-like. You are free to make hybrid or mixed race individuals, like half elves half humans or something like a elf with Beastfolk ancestry.

Character backgrounds can be pretty freeform as long as it doesn't break any established site lore. I'm not sure how much you mean for setting up your own backstory, but I'm open to more ideas to help shape the world.
pronounsShe/Her
251written posts
milkearned bits
offlinecurrently
milk
milk Avatar
still lactose intolerant
[nospaces]

WELCOME TO IXORIA

[break]

Progress Entry #8[break]
Sadly once again progress has slowed down to a bit of a crawl since university has taken over my life! However, the boards are still coming together, albeit a bit slowly, well, a lot slower than I would like.
[break][break]
In the end, to keep my sanity, I've decided to put up a site staff search! I would love to have some help not just in putting the site together, but upkeeping it and creating a place to have fun. I'm basically looking for a narrative lead, a general moderator or two, and a gfx and/or advertisement moderator. To see more on those positions please look at the staff listing HERE.
[break][break]
Also once again, here's our main discord server.
[break][break]
What we aim to do:

[break]
[break][break]
[break][break]
Finish up building all the site boards! (About halfway-ish there)
[break][break]

last edit on Sept 28, 2021 3:54:46 GMT by milk