pronounsThey / Him
623written posts
Toastyearned bits
offlinecurrently
Toasty
Part of the Furniture
Toasty Avatar
>w<
I've never replied to a wanted ad because I've always thought up of my own characters. But now, I see a wanted ad on a site I rp on and I REALLY like the idea, but I have no idea how to reply to a wanted ad T^T help pls
pronounsshe/her
177written posts
hellsyearned bits
offlinecurrently
hellsy
hellsy Avatar
Why do we sleep where we want to hide?
Depends on where its posted, but most people who put up a wanted ad are down to be contacted to discuss that wanted ad. So a DM, @ in the plotting section of discord, or a reply to their thread if its on site works. When I want to take a wanted, I'll reach out  and go about it 1 of 2 ways like:

1- Hey, I saw your wanted ad and this was a thought I had about it and the character I would create, does that seems to fit with the vibe your looking for

or just a 

2- Your wanted ad caught my attention, and I was just curious if you could tell me a bit more about it cause I had a few thoughts but wanted to see your vision first. 

In my experience, I am always hella hyped when people are interested and even if its not exactly what I want, it can sometimes really create interesting plots separate from that too. 
last edit on Feb 10, 2022 19:23:05 GMT by hellsy
aliasAsu
pronounsshe/her/hers
377written posts
Asuearned bits
offlinecurrently
Asu
Asu Avatar
With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.
I know this was posted a while ago, but I get a little bit anxious too about this! Except I still end up dropping into people's DMs and bein like hey I saw you got a little wanted ad, I have something that just might fit. Or can I have more information?

On the flip side, I really don't care how people respond to my wanted ad, I'm just happy to get a response like thank you for perceiving me ahigoaih
pronounsshe/her
94written posts
mellow♡earned bits
offlinecurrently
mellow♡
mellow♡ Avatar
Asu Avatar
I know this was posted a while ago, but I get a little bit anxious too about this! Except I still end up dropping into people's DMs and bein like hey I saw you got a little wanted ad, I have something that just might fit. Or can I have more information?

On the flip side, I really don't care how people respond to my wanted ad, I'm just happy to get a response like thank you for perceiving me ahigoaih
i love when people give me a ridiculous amount of detail for their character concept. the more branches it has, the more likely i am to get hyped for the experience, because one of the greatest risks for me in handing a wanted ad over is that the other player might rely solely on me for all their roleplay. i want to see the character interact with other folks too. xD

i've gotten into the situation where i've brainstormed too far in a wrong direction, so these days i drop a line before i get really into the process. if i went angle y or angle z, would that work? do you have a preference between backstory point a or story point b? just a couple of questions to get the person involved, and then go wild. it seems to work well! and i know i love to see it.
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW