Home for malewife/chef oc

pronounsShe/they
11written posts
King's Pawnearned bits
offlinecurrently
King's Pawn
King's Pawn Avatar
Here lies the coffin of your pieces
It's 3am and I've been struck with the highly specific urge to write my snarky grumpy malewife/chef OC in a slice of life-ish setting

General Requirements:
+ I'm not too stubborn on the general premise! If it has fantasy or fandom related lore, i don't mind as long as it isn't too complicated/newbie friendly and there's a place for me to write my slice of life shenanigans & drama
+ to add to above, I totally don't mind non-SOL drama plots either! Just don't make me turn him into a serial killer ajdjsk
+ either jcink or proboards, idm!
+ honestly I'm a sucker for romance & familial plots so if your community has an abundance of them, sign me up
+ not too strict Activity Checks, as I do office work Mon-Fri
+ Animanga, please!
+ lastly of course there needs to be a place for my dear OC to work or open a resto/café of their own, so perhaps something with town setting? Again, super flexible on the setting as long as I get to write him

Would Rather Not:
- stat heavy places, or just stats in general
- word counts
- considering this is an OC, no panfans please!
- as stated above, RL face claims ^^;
- i don't think heavy school settings would work?
the chalk prince
aliasecho
pronounsthey / them
914written posts
citrinitasearned bits
offlinecurrently
citrinitas
Part of the Furniture
citrinitas Avatar
i still fall for you like suns do for skies.
gestures to weeping omens gently... we are a urban fantasy (meaning witches, vampires, and werewolves exist alongside humans) with a sweet balance between drama and sol. you are capable of writing out your sol dreams on WO regardless of what species you choose to make. 

meaning if you wanted to make a vampire chef? go for it, bro! 

we don't have a stats system, but we do have a threat level system that acts as a rating that YOU the player choose and staff inputs on your profile for you. 
pronounshe/they
77written posts
harrowearned bits
offlinecurrently
harrow
harrow Avatar
to remember is to embrace great pain
I can offer you Red Strings of Fate! It's an illustrated fc sol site set in a fictional town in Montana. It's an urban fantasy soulmates, so supernatural creatures with a soulmate feature twist to it, so you absolutely can live out your romance dreams here! We have a pretty wide variety of species to choose from to play, and would love to see more people develop the town more!
aliasFrosty
pronouns*shrugs*
156written posts
«Fr¤§t¥»earned bits
offlinecurrently
«Fr¤§t¥»
«Fr¤§t¥» Avatar
On my Devil May Cry shtick again
Okay so... I know one thing in your would rather nots might kill my offer for you, but I'll explain and you decide from there? Let's start with your rather nots since I have to clear up a thing for our site that I'm offering up first.

- stat heavy places, or just stats in general

No stats, really the closest you'll get is our tier systems for powers and that's more IC than OOC, think of it more like a thing on a character's ID like this.

- word counts

I hate word counts, I don't enforce word counts, I've always thought them and minimums were dumb so no worries there.

- considering this is an OC, no panfans please!

Yup, no worries there we're original.

- as stated above, RL face claims ^^;

In this house we stan anime FC's (okay not to that extreme but you get it)

- i don't think heavy school settings would work?

So this is the one I really need to touch on. Because we advertise the site as an Animanga powered School RP, we do, honestly I got nothing that sounds nearly as decent or digestible. And really some of the main draw is for the school whether you play a teacher or just a staff member. But we also have a lot more in the setting, because the setting isn't just the school, it's the island the school is on, the two major cities that surround the school and the little towns and stuff around it too.

You can play more than just teacher/student, You can play an everyday citizen of the island or someone who moved there, you could play one of the members of the mercenary forces on the island, or one of the force's leaders. The point I'm trying to get at is that while yes, we advertise with the school portion of the site forwards, we're open for a lot more than that. Especially if it's like crazy-anime-land-ness type stuff. God we love that.

+ I'm not too stubborn on the general premise! If it has fantasy or fandom related lore, i don't mind as long as it isn't too complicated/newbie friendly and there's a place for me to write my slice of life shenanigans & drama

So the whole premise, and I'm gonna try and simplify it as best I can; [in a very loose, kind of inaccurate in terms of dates, timeline]
*2014 it became known that powers and magic exist when a shadow war that had been going on between magic users and psychic ability users spilled out into the open.
*2014-2017 the war went public and got everyone involved for three years; until it was put to an end conclusively
*2017-2019 efforts were made, peace was fully achieved, schools for powered people across the globe opened up, most notably the school on our site
*2019-2021 cities and towns developed around the school, booming because of innovation and stuff brought on my powered individuals
*2023 island has been around for a bit and is a popular place to live with people moving there and visiting whether for the school or just because.

There's more to everything and I can't go too far down that rabbit hole without making an entire book instead of answering a looking for rp post lol, but there's also tons of stuff to figure out and uncover in RP. There's also plenty of space for your slice of life shenanigans and drama and we more than welcome it.

+ to add to above, I totally don't mind non-SOL drama plots either! Just don't make me turn him into a serial killer ajdjsk

I mean unless you wanna? lol, but no in terms of drama there's lots of things you could potentially get your character wrapped up in or "accidentally" your way into. We also have people who love to plot and people who wanna just take ya hand and run across the hills and things with ya if you want to just dive head first.

+ either jcink or proboards, idm!

Dope, we're Jcink

+ honestly I'm a sucker for romance & familial plots so if your community has an abundance of them, sign me up

We got people who also have similar vibes so finding someone to thread with and establish some stuff might be pretty easy for ya.

+ not too strict Activity Checks, as I do office work Mon-Fri

Eeeeeeey! same. Also same for a lot of people on the site, so we don't do activity checks lol.

+ Animanga, please!

Yee

+ lastly of course there needs to be a place for my dear OC to work or open a resto/café of their own, so perhaps something with town setting? Again, super flexible on the setting as long as I get to write him

le gasp! An business owner? On an island full of people who are probably at the school and need to go somewhere for their caffeine dependency? Honestly I do love the idea of people making citizens who own businesses on the island and opening boards for them as actual in game locations so hell yeah les go bruh.

Something that wasn't touched on that needs pointing out is that we're fairly new, like we opened a few weeks ago, so in terms of adoptions for site "cannon characters" we don't really have anything (we're substituting it with open roles anyways really) but I don't think that's going to be too much of an issue since you're mostly looking for a place to call home with your OC.

Links to the site and our group discord are in my signature and my PM's are always open, if you want to talk via private Discord I'm more than free with it if you ask via PM's ^_^

last edit on Feb 15, 2023 1:42:59 GMT by «Fr¤§t¥»
internally screaming
pronounsshe/her
1,764written posts
Nekoearned bits
offlinecurrently
Neko
Administrator
Neko Avatar
stressed, depressed, and probably not well-dressed
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

This thread hasn't had any replies since a month ago - feel free to repost if you wish!