pronounsMale
1,707written posts
Mouseearned bits
offlinecurrently
Mouse
Part of the Furniture
Mouse Avatar
where fears and lies melt away.
He clicks his tongue, "I'm aware this isn't a very auspicious start to our relationship. But our precursory conversation had been equally less pleasant." Pride seeps its way out of him in the end, propagating a cocky grin to his lips. "On sight, remember?" the perfect moment to shoot her passes him by.
Tidal Wave
aliasAkira, Tsunami, Tsu, Aki
pronounsAny
4,149written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I've got a hurricane in my head, I can't feel a thing, but it's better than dead
Still, he appeared at work, not knowing where else to go. He got condolences and apologies and he didn't care. He was really good at putting on that smile though. He was really good at telling people that he was fine. He threw himself at work, but his overall outward personality didn't falter. He made his jokes, kept up his savage responses to his partner's stupid behaviors. But inside...

Dominik was burning alive.

Feline Overlord
aliasChibi
pronounsShe/Her
1,797written posts
Chibi Magicianearned bits
offlinecurrently
Chibi Magician
Spring '21 Dev Completionist
Chibi Magician Avatar
Pure Gremlin Energy
An annoyed groan escaped Jack's lips followed by a near-inaudible grumble. "For fuck's sake..."

The bespectacled disguised rolled his eyes, seemingly exaggerating the circumstance. Shortly, they returned to Sarah, levelled, but still maintaining those pangs of caution.

"Fine, I'll level with ya. I work with some people who might find your services useful. That's why I'm here, are ya happy now?" He grumbled. "But, I came of my own volition. The guys back at HQ are too cowardly to even consider being in the same room as you. Hmph! It's pathetic, a bunch of big so-called macho-men cannot even want to give it a whirl."

The demon's lips pressed together as he shook his head in disappointment. The story was not mere fabrication for Jack's associates tended to maintain their distance from the relatively dangerous. While they spouted out endless nonsense about merrily murdering others, they exhibited notable cowardice when it arrived in approaching the "legends" of the underworld. Fortunately, it allowed the persona of Jack Florence to play the role of courage, leading to plenty of opportunities in gathering information on other malefactors.
- Jackson Hoar in Reality & Fantasy
the narrative
aliasCel, Nightlock
pronounsShe/They
709written posts
CELearned bits
offlinecurrently
CEL
Part of the Furniture
CEL Avatar
mankind, be vigilant; we loved you.
this technically is no longer my from my last post but i rlly rlly love this thread so i am contractually obligated to share some lines i liked from it

Soldiers do not get to say sorry. You learn that well enough when you're brought into a battlefield, armed to fight in a war for duty, god, and country. There is no room to hesitate in the guilt of a decision, no matter its cost. Once you make the choice to pay it, you fucking pay it to the end.
"Lie to me and plead for forgiveness."

It's a quiet command, amidst his confusion, without anything less than absolute conviction, as she takes one more step forward, sizing him up. Waiting, expectant, uncompromising.

"Beg."

He likes to liken himself to a soldier, doesn't he?

Then here is the command, soldier.
A question to consider, or perhaps some food for thought:

Does penitence for an act absolve its perpetrator?

Does a monster who asks for pardon, even if it is a lie, deserve it?
This is how the good doctor lies: not with gritted teeth but quiet acquiescence.

last edit on Jul 31, 2021 17:37:21 GMT by CEL

coming soon.
pronounsShe/Her
251written posts
milkearned bits
offlinecurrently
milk
milk Avatar
still lactose intolerant
What did he want? He just wanted a body to be beside him. Too long he'd been alone, but once heโ€™d been graced with the possibility of something elseโ€ฆ he didn't want to go back to being without someone again. He wanted to grab on, never let go. He wanted to selfishly say that he belonged to someone, that someone belonged to him.
Rodent King
aliasditz
pronounsMale
1,707written posts
Mouseearned bits
offlinecurrently
Mouse
Part of the Furniture
Mouse Avatar
The sweltering rays of the afternoon sun beat down against chocolate skin. Forehead slicked in sweat, Xander released a humid breath, grass crunching underneath his heavy footfalls. Shaded by the underbrush, Taillow chirped a melodic song into the air.

Catchy, he hummed along, the orange-furred canine at Xander's side tilted his head upward. Lycanroc's emerald circles dilated as he whined out a question.

"No idea, Django." The heavy cloud that hung over his head lacked its usually pitch-black hue. Taking on a muted grey color since he'd crawled out of bed at 8 am this morning. "I guess the universe felt like tossing me a bone today." and he wasn't about to tell it no.
Rodent King
aliasditz
pronounsMale
1,707written posts
Mouseearned bits
offlinecurrently
Mouse
Part of the Furniture
Mouse Avatar
No, underneath the mountain of rubble, hidden by all-encompassing darkness, Xander's face is eerily stoic. This blackness, in the eleven years since Sinnoh, it's haunted him. Left a scar on his soul that affected everything he did, everything he was and ever would be.

There's just enough room for him to bend his working arm and place a hand to his chest.

Thump.ย Thump.

Beat as fast as you want little heart of his. It doesn't matter in the end. Death will greet him like an old friend. Ready to take him back to the place he shouldn't have left behind when he was ten.

aliasantiviral
pronounsHe/Him
217written posts
Beetleearned bits
offlinecurrently
Beetle
Beetle Avatar
From a couple days ago, but I saw this thread and it made me think of it.
"You want to know if I, Officer Napier, would arrest you for causing a public disturbance?" He laugh-coughs. "James, that's the entire purpose of my job. Downplay it all you want, but a public disturbance is a misdemeanor."

Solar Waltz
, an 18+ panfandom set in nyc
139written posts
Stallasearned bits
offlinecurrently
Stallas
Stallas Avatar
ACT IV: HOOLIGAN TALES
Not in this world or the next did he entertain the thought that she had ever longed for him, ever looked his way. They only had one thing in common and now they were flailing around the hole left behind because they were young and afraid.

The hands that had made him, had crafted him carefully throughout the years through the goodwill of his role models, his siblings, his mother, his friends - those fingertips had turned black and cloying. That boyish goodness he once had was retreating inside him, like paper folding into smaller and smaller squares.

Common sense was telling him to be kind, but his hands were more honest.

He didnโ€™t tell her to stop.

Followed by:

And she corned herself somewhere, muttered inane things to herself, or maybe him, he didnโ€™t know. He wasnโ€™t looking at her, he was kneeling on the wooden floor. She was still all over it, keeping it warm for him. She was still in his lungs, telling him how to breathe. Beads of sweat were rolling off of him in rivulets. It couldn't be normal.

That night marked his lifeโ€™s dark center; the night when childhood ended and the long descent towards death began.

Rodent King
aliasditz
pronounsMale
1,707written posts
Mouseearned bits
offlinecurrently
Mouse
Part of the Furniture
Mouse Avatar
Not a recent post but

"You're in luck then, Rapunzel. A knight in shining armor is here to save you." he chuckled.

The whole thing couldn't have been more cheesy, but that's what he loved. Cliches and cheese worked more often than people realized. All you needed was confidence in your delivery. Of which Ezra had plenty. Too much, according to some, but he ignored those people.
pronounsshe/her
179written posts
hellsyearned bits
onlinecurrently
hellsy
hellsy Avatar
Why do we sleep where we want to hide?

Quiet steps had carried her this far, knowing that while she could move freely about the castle, she was not to be caught playing with the young master. He had fallen-ill, and she believed it to be fatal, and very contagious. Her mother had called it. . . cooties.