somewhere to settle down

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
hello! my name is vorpal! i've been kind of away from forum roleplay in recent time and found myself wanting to return but not quite knowing where or how to go about it. so i figured a site search might be a good opportunity. ideally, i'd hope this would become my "main site" since i don't feel like i particularly have one at this moment. i have a few characters i'd like to either make and/or potentially retconn and revive. they're all generally easily adaptable but still. it would be nice to feel like i have a community i'd belong too again.

general requirements

• i'm not too picky on site lore. slice of life / fantasy / modern settings all scratch an itch for me. my only real requirement is it being something easy to digest/swallow without it feeling like i'm being slapped into something with a lot to intake. i'm a little slow on processing stuff so if i have a lot to go through i might struggle. 
  • supportive and understanding staff! it sort of goes with the one above. if i do end up giving a shot to something with a lot of information i might ask a lot of obvious questions and i have the biggest fear of being shamed for that. sometimes the extra clarification would help me feel more secured a lot so understanding staff that are open to me and any type of questions would be great!
  • i have a preference to original settings but fandom-based things i am open too! chances are i just might not be familiar with the series or content it's based off of so i hope that isn't an issue and that the community would be willing or open to educating me somewhat.
  • proboards, jcink! either are okay!
  • original characters please!
  • animanga faceclaims
  • sucker for famlial, romance, long-drawn out story based plots! if there's a lot of that onsite pls!
  • lax activity check! i'm a very slow writer at times and i also go off of motivation or muse. it'd be nice if this isn't something i have to stress over.
  • friendly and open community! fun part about roleplay for me is not only making the characters but connecting with the writers i engage with!

lesser requirements (but not mandatory)

• big discord servers overwhelm me!!! i'll likely tend to lurk if it ends up being the case and i hope that's alright. however, if it's somewhere in the medium range then it's perfect for me! 

no thank you

• stat based, stat focused roleplays
  • unoptional/mandatory combat. i can't write fights and sites with heavy plots or encouragement to engage in stuff based around that tend to make me feel stuck in a box. so if i can exist without having to engage in any of that, that's great for me!
  • rl faceclaims 
  • no panfandoms please! not in a canon mood right now 

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
aliasthat bitch.
pronouns"that bitch" still works tbh (any OK!)
551written posts
selkieearned bits
offlinecurrently
selkie
Part of the Furniture
selkie Avatar
a verb in perfect view.
ayyoooo vorpal!! i think weeping omens could check a lot of your boxes:

• slice of life / fantasy / modern settings - WO's an original urban fantasy setting and, as far as sites go, i think our lore's on the shorter side? some factions / characters have a bit more storyline / lore than others thanks to a few firestarters cant imagine who tbh, but the in-depth plotlines are very much of the "opt-in" kind, so you'd be free to take your time with them or opt out entirely! there's also a decent crowd who's down for SoL, if that's your style. (we're also statless, with the exception of an opt-in threat level system!) 
  • supportive and understanding staff - we've got a Q&A channel in our discord for members to ask questions, so no worries there! you're also free to DM staff with any questions if you'd be more comfortable in a less public environment.
  • familial, romance, long-drawn out story based plots - there's a ton of familial/romance plots on site already && quite a few want ads for them as well! as for drawn-out plotlines, i've got a few that are coming up on two years in the making && i can think of quite a few other characters with similarly expansive storylines, so you'd be in good company!
  • lax activity checks - we tend to conduct them based on the site's overall level of activity and the overall vibe with them is p chill tbh. we've all got lives outside of rp, yeah? 
  • friendly and open community - well we've been around for (almost) 2 years and haven't killed each other yet so i think that says something--fr though the longtimers are all good people & i think it's easy for people to find a place here. we also cleaned out our discord server at the end of the last activity check, so it's definitely somewhere in the medium range rn (&& you're free to poke around to get a vibe TM using the discord widget on our site!) our halloween event starts in just a few days, so now's a great time to hop in and get connected!

feel free to check out the site/discord if you're interested! and please just. disregard my signature i swear we can behave
weeping omens advertisement

all my proboards templates require the style tags plugin!
aliasFrosty
pronouns*shrugs*
156written posts
«Fr¤§t¥»earned bits
offlinecurrently
«Fr¤§t¥»
«Fr¤§t¥» Avatar
On my Devil May Cry shtick again
As long you're okay with sites that are just getting off the ground; the site I'm co-running; Shadows of Our Youth is available. Apologies for the rant! If you want, my PM's are open; both links to the site and discord are in my signature too!

In terms of some of your requirements: 

slice of life ✓(ish) / modern setting ✓

Our setting is our world, but in 2014 abilities and powers have always been a thing since before the dawn of the first epic tale of a character doing incredible feats. (Like Gilgamesh, or or beowulf, or any myth or legend back in the day.) It's just that for the longest it was all kept secret until a shadow war spilled out of of the shadows about ten years ago.

easy to digest, simple lore ✓

Our lore is simple; secret war between two kinds of ability users happened, it became not a secret anymore, lasted for three years before it was stopped, as a means of making peace and trying to not have more wars break out schools for people with abilities were formed. It's been ten years since then. Everyone's pretty much used to powers and magic just being a thing in their everyday lives now. There's a few other things we've put in or left out with strings around to pull on but that's for you to decide whether or not you want your characters to dive down that rabbit hole in role play or not.

Supportive and understanding staff ✓ 

I'm dumb and I'm slow to catch on to things so bet your ass I'm gonna be patient and as helpful as possible.

Original setting ✓ 

I'm mean, we're as original as you can get considering we're the equivalent of an animanga super powered school RP? Granted we're not just the school, there's stuff outside of the school, towns/cities, forces at work around the school and around the world. Mercenary groups (wait whaaaat? Yup, find out in RP), we also love anime tropes at least I do and so do a few of the other admins so we have weird shit that'd you'd only see in an anime like a necromancer's skeleton construct having his own personality and doing things while dressed hella 70's disco esthetic, WITH AN AFRO and we got a member spit balling how to make the ring yokai a ghost that haunts the school as a goth anime yandere girl. Yes, you read both of those correctly.

I think the only thing I would say isn't technically original, and is technically adapted from a fandom is our power system and even then I had to spend so many days simplifying things and balancing it and just generally nixing all the complicated things about it and then make it work for the site. (Index/railgun/accelerator series btw, do not suggest. My god I had to take a full week to recover from that whole convoluted and complicated mess.)

Jcink ✓

We're Jcink, we like the features there, skins and stuff are better optimized, speaking of the skin is nice, was a purchased skin from Timeplapse over on tumblr. We liked the toggleable light/dark and we especially loved the fact that the skin was in fact mobile friendly.

Original characters ✓

Yup, that's really all we have. However I will say that if someone can actually manage to take a character from a random anime fandom and rebuild them to fit into our lore and setting well then; more power to them? As long as the face claim isn't already taken that is lol.

famlial, romance, long-drawn out story based plots ✓

We got people who share those interests and are all; 

About it. 

Lax activity checks ✓

We don't have those, pretty sure I and the other admins all stopped with that around in the early to mid 2010's.

friendly and open community ✓

Yup, got that, we like to joke, we like to chat, we also like to pick on each other sometimes too but only playfully (If that's not something you're cool with just let the peeps know) We also don't judge people, not on their rp not on their gender identity, sexuality, nada. The only thing you might be playfully judged on is your taste in anime and food choices. 

Big discords ✗

Currently on our discord group we have -goes to count because he forgot- 12 people, of those 12 only like the most active chatters are myself, our main admin, and like three or four others but there's lulls in conversations where nothing is said and there's people that just pop in occasionally to say hi or hang out. Point I'm trying to make is we actually have the opposite of a bustling discord filled to the brim with so many people saying so much stuff you can't think because of all the pings.

stat based, stat focused roleplays. ✗

The closest thing you get to that is our tier system for powers and our point system. Which is used to upgrade tiers, for right now, other things will be added. Promise. Even then the tiers are there to represent your character's skill / knowledge / experience with the powers they have at a glance than a hard fast; "hey this person is stronger than this person" type of thing.

unoptional/mandatory combat. ✗

We don't force people into anything, including fights, I mean heck if you want no one is going to complain about you making a character who specifically runs away from fights you won't be forced into anything on the boards unless you wanna be.

no panfandom. ✗

Last one I was on in 2011 left a bad taste in my mouth and I've never been back to that style of site nor made one since. This isn't one of those.
last edit on Feb 15, 2023 0:49:22 GMT by «Fr¤§t¥»
internally screaming
pronounsshe/her
1,763written posts
Nekoearned bits
offlinecurrently
Neko
Administrator
Neko Avatar
stressed, depressed, and probably not well-dressed
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

This thread hasn't had any replies since a month ago - feel free to repost if you wish!