Jcink, webpages or subforums for rules and info?

local boogeyman
aliasbex, jeepers cats
pronounsshe/any
723written posts
sister ghoulearned bits
offlinecurrently
sister ghoul
Part of the Furniture
sister ghoul Avatar
they pull the axe out your face and say "was it the boogeyman?"
i vastly prefer to use the jcink webpage feature for rules, lore, etc. i find that if something is especially code or word heavy, that if it's posted on the main forum it lags pretty badly.

the chalk prince
aliasecho
pronounsthey / them
917written posts
citrinitasearned bits
offlinecurrently
citrinitas
Part of the Furniture
citrinitas Avatar
i still fall for you like suns do for skies.
web pages all the way!! they allow for unique codes and word-heavy lore pages wont lag because the page isn't trying to load the entire forum page alongside all your words.
phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,237written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
at this, the world's end, do we cast off tomorrow~!
personally, i'm the opposite where i hate when sites put important stuff on webpages, and it's solely because 99% of webpages aren't mobile friendly (even if there is a mobile redirect for them, which a lot of admins forget to include, they force the user into using desktop mode to view them, and the vast vast majority of skins are either poorly optimized for mobile with font sizes + page widths or they're image-heavy enough to impact load times / data usage) and i've done enough site-browsing while mobile for this to be important to me

please just give me threads where i can stay entirely on jcink's mobile mode + read everything without eating up a massive amount of data or wanting to yeet myself off a cliff for struggling to try to read everything without awkwardly scrolling back in forth while massively zoomed in

aliasInez
pronounsShe/Her
100written posts
Inezearned bits
offlinecurrently
Inez
Inez Avatar
Add me on Discord: Ikutama
Kuroya Avatar
personally, i'm the opposite where i hate when sites put important stuff on webpages, and it's solely because 99% of webpages aren't mobile friendly (even if there is a mobile redirect for them, which a lot of admins forget to include, they force the user into using desktop mode to view them, and the vast vast majority of skins are either poorly optimized for mobile with font sizes + page widths or they're image-heavy enough to impact load times / data usage) and i've done enough site-browsing while mobile for this to be important to me

please just give me threads where i can stay entirely on jcink's mobile mode + read everything without eating up a massive amount of data or wanting to yeet myself off a cliff for struggling to try to read everything without awkwardly scrolling back in forth while massively zoomed in
This. I also just am so new to the webpage maker, and to guidebooks in general. I do have one now for my site but now that I read Kuroya's message I need to definitely check it on mobile and make sure I am not hurting my mobile app users!
ɪ ᴀᴍ ᴀɴ ᴀᴅᴍɪɴ ᴏɴ

ᴀ ʜᴀᴅᴇꜱ-ɪɴꜱᴘɪʀᴇᴅ ɢʀᴇᴇᴋ ᴍʏᴛʜᴏʟᴏɢʏ ʀᴘ ꜰᴏʀᴜᴍ
ʟꜰ ꜱᴛᴀꜰꜰ ᴛᴇᴀᴍ, ᴀᴅᴅ ᴍᴇ ᴏɴ ᴅɪꜱᴄᴏʀᴅ
pronounsHe / Him
15written posts
ozlenearned bits
offlinecurrently
ozlen
ozlen Avatar
I do like the webpages as its far more customizable, but I also like the fact that with the info in the posts, any moderator can edit and change the info without having to get access the the admin cp. This really helps, especially when getting a site off the ground, where you need to change some info around, but it also allows it to be searchable using the search feature on the forum. I can never decide. But everyone here has brought up good points.