Where Are You From??

pronounsthey/him
57written posts
gmotearned bits
offlinecurrently
gmot
gmot Avatar
this is war
i grew up also on long island, new york. while attending a private school which allowed me to be transient in my upbringing. long island is kinda wild tbh, like you got a weird mixture of liberals, rightwingers, southern sympathizers (how homie u on the wrong SIDE), and all the while being on an island that it fucking snows on :pensive: we got great beaches thop

i'd love to leave (like everyone else from li), but i'm rooted here for university at the moment. i married to a guy from the bx. we're about as new york as you can get, ask me how i say water lmaooo

my family is also really stationed in new york, ca, and fl despite having routes in the middle east and eastern europe.
139written posts
Stallasearned bits
offlinecurrently
Stallas
Stallas Avatar
ACT IV: HOOLIGAN TALES
I grew up in Thailand, did the IB, then came to the U.S. for college.
Now I live in Pennsylvania.
I have become a suburbanite, and like all suburbanites, have begrudgingly gotten into gardening.
I shake my fist at the terrible car culture in this country - I miss sky trains and being able to stroll everywhere.
I walk my dog a lot and she brings all the kids to the yard.

It's aite.
aliasJinny
26written posts
jinsyteaearned bits
offlinecurrently
jinsytea
jinsytea Avatar
There is no genie in a lamp here.
I was born and raised in Huntington Beach but moved to the desert in my teens. I’m not a fan of the desert and have spent most of my life trying to move back to the coast. But it’s just not livable at current wages so I guess I’m stuck in the armpit of Cali for at least the next ten years of my life.
the narrative
aliasCel, Nightlock
pronounsShe/They
703written posts
CELearned bits
offlinecurrently
CEL
Part of the Furniture
CEL Avatar
mankind, be vigilant; we loved you.
suburbs/city girl from the philippines for,,,, pretty much all of my life, frankly. if you want a solid map marker, i'd definitely recommend asking anyone who isn't me because me and directional geography don't mix at all wheeze. VERY urban are as a whole, but not the most modernist / "citylike" of all the options you'd find in the country. solid in between of "city full of malls, commute stops, and poor air quality wherever you go" and "very chill cul-de-sac homely suburb village with its own grocery store, several mini local businesses, what have you". explains a lot tbh.

been to a bunch of places around the world, all as a tourist—japan, hong kong, thailand, indonesia, the good ol' US of A, england, france, so on—but never properly "lived" in any of those places if that makes sense? i ALMOST got a chance to study in the czech republic for a term abroad in uni, but then 2020 happened, so any plans for that went out the window.

buuuuut ask me this question again in around 4-5 years or so and i guarantee you my answer will be rlly heckin' different for Reasons(TM) that can best be summated to "2020 onwards has just been a wild set of years"

coming soon.
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW