write a reply

NIGHT CITY | An animanga Cyberpunk Roleplay

121written posts
Tylerearned bits
offlinecurrently
Tyler
Tyler Avatar
NIGHT CITY, a cyberpunk AU

NIGHT CITY is an animanga Cyberpunk roleplay inspired by the hit anime, Cyberpunk Edgerunners! Drawing from Mike Pondsmith’s legendary setting, Night City seeks to capture the essence of humanity’s dark future and provide a space for people to tell stories in. Members can create any type of character they want, from courageous edgerunners to devious corpos to dangerous gangsters. Contribute to the living mythology of Night City and explore the dangerous, dark beauty of a future in which humanity has augmented themselves with cyberware and corporations run rampant. Become a legend like Johnny Silverhand, Adam Smasher, or David Martinez, your story punctuated by all the triumphs and tragedies that come with life in Night City.

Night City will be hosted on Jcink with premium. As such, we are aiming for a 3-3-3 rating with this. Night City is focused on making it as easy as possible to write and tell stories. As such, we have no true mechanics and are instead focused on narrative engagement and freeform writing. We also have a category of threads in which one member may act as the Storyteller, a narrator-like role that allows members to write scenarios for other members to respond to and create a guided narrative. In a similar vein, we are also working to make character creation as painless as possible so that members can focus on writing with others.

In terms of tone, we are seeking more to emulate Edgerunners in particular. Night City is also designed to be approachable, no matter what level of familiarity you have with the setting, as we have numerous on-site resources to help get you familiarized with the world. We seek to foster a welcoming, cooperative, and creative community on Night City, and we would be absolutely thrilled to have folks join us!

As it stands, Night City is nearly complete and is set to launch within a few weeks.

If you are interested in chatting about the project and getting in on the ground floor, you can join our Discord server HERE!

Otherwise, I would love to hear some feedback on the following:

-How familiar are you with Cyberpunk?

-What do you think of when you hear “Cyberpunk”?

-Going with your first impulse, your gut feeling, what would your first character be like?
last edit on Jun 4, 2023 18:20:56 GMT by Tyler
pronounsshe/her
46written posts
braveoearned bits
offlinecurrently
braveo
braveo Avatar
DIGIMON AU RP!
As a person who's been craving a truly immersive sci-fi roleplay experience, this really calls to me as a project! I am loving the freeform approach and focus on writing stories, as that's what I'm always drawn toward on sites.

1. How familiar are you with Cyberpunk?

Familiar enough! Having watched all of Edgerunners and seen a few gameplay clips of the 2077 game, I feel comfortable enough jumping into this setting especially because there are plans for a member guide to be available for people.

2. What do you think of when you hear “Cyberpunk”?

Futuristic, dark, larger-than-life adventure.

3. Going with your first impulse, your gut feeling, what would your first character be like?

I am definitely looking forward to making a ripperdoc-class character, as I thought their inclusion in the Edgerunners anime was very fascinating to me. I'd like to make a cool girl who helps people get chrome modifications, and works as a bit of a cyberpunk against corpo powers!

I'd additionally want to make an Arasaka heir, a popular celebrity who meddles with the inner workings of gangs and lower level citizens.
DIGITAL MONSTERS

a discord-based digimon au roleplay
server
aliasAerie, badmin, insert profanity
pronounsShe/They
139written posts
Aerieearned bits
offlinecurrently
Aerie
Aerie Avatar
sometimes we ball, sometimes we fall.
How familiar are you with Cyberpunk?
Loved the game when it first game out. Was super absorbed into the setting. Didn't watch the anime.

What do you think of when you hear “Cyberpunk”?
Admittedly the game instead of the genre as a whole.

Going with your first impulse, your gut feeling, what would your first character be like?
Some second-in-command to a gang.
pronounsshe/her
46written posts
braveoearned bits
offlinecurrently
braveo
braveo Avatar
DIGIMON AU RP!
Tyler Avatar
Thank you for the replies all! I greatly appreciate it!

And here are a few sneak peeks of our site!

Excited for all of this!! Can’t wait for things to open :)

DIGITAL MONSTERS

a discord-based digimon au roleplay
server
aliasChandy
16written posts
chandrewearned bits
offlinecurrently
chandrew
chandrew Avatar
hullo
Lookin' good!

Fairly! Played a little bit of 2020, a bit more of RED, and a lot of 2077. Also enjoyed Edgerunners

High tech, low life

-Going with your first impulse, your gut feeling, what would your first character be like?
Ex-corpo rediscovering himself
Eccentric fixer operating out of his old-fashioned Chinese restaurant
pronounsHe/Him
36written posts
slyearned bits
offlinecurrently
sly
sly Avatar
I've played 2077, watched Edgedrunners, read most of the comics, own a copy of Cyberpunk Red, and own a copy of The World of Cyberpunk 2077. So only a bit.

The genre mostly.

A gang affiliated ripper-doc
last edit on Jun 16, 2023 19:39:55 GMT by sly
the narrative
aliasCel, Nightlock
pronounsShe/They
703written posts
CELearned bits
offlinecurrently
CEL
Part of the Furniture
CEL Avatar
mankind, be vigilant; we loved you.
ayyyyy lets gooooo

Played both major tabletop games (Cyberpunk RED and Cyberpunk 2020), the former as both a player character of multiple campaigns and a DM, the latter as a player character. Read RED’s handbook and familiarized myself with its lore. Played a bit of 2077, watched the first half of Edgerunners. So a fair bit?

The genre. Gimme Blade Runner, Shadowrun, Cyberpunk, VA-11 Hall-A, heck even Orwell. I love the genre.

No lie would remake my favorite RED pc — a corpo nepotism exec baby who’s secretly moonlighting as a Banksy-type media exposing corpo practices in vidfeeds. Bruce Wayne/Batman but for the corporate takedown journalism community.

coming soon.