pronounsidc
62written posts
newyorkearned bits
offlinecurrently
newyork
newyork Avatar
FYE Avatar
Codingway Avatar
Really interesting! Since it is involving space do we get playable alien races?
undecided at present, as i am very indecisive with if/how best to incorporate them into the story thus far. it's always been a little finicky within Gundam settings because there's already a lot happening.

but i could see how they'd make an interesting addition to later plot developments.
i am very fond of planning ahead ^^

thanks!

Just putting my two cents, I think it would be better to not add alien races. While the concept is cool, it might add more complexity than the site needs. If adding something detracts from the current setting and plot, then it’s best left aside. It’s something I’ve seen that has given many sites difficulty and it’s adding too much in terms of factions, races, etc. Simple sometimes is better. So I agree possibly adding it later if it works out, is better.
aliaswissh
pronounshe/him
168written posts
FYEearned bits
offlinecurrently
FYE
FYE Avatar
for your entertainment ;D
newyork Avatar
FYE Avatar
undecided at present, as i am very indecisive with if/how best to incorporate them into the story thus far. it's always been a little finicky within Gundam settings because there's already a lot happening.

but i could see how they'd make an interesting addition to later plot developments.
i am very fond of planning ahead ^^

thanks!

Just putting my two cents, I think it would be better to not add alien races. While the concept is cool, it might add more complexity than the site needs. If adding something detracts from the current setting and plot, then it’s best left aside. It’s something I’ve seen that has given many sites difficulty and it’s adding too much in terms of factions, races, etc. Simple sometimes is better. So I agree possibly adding it later if it works out, is better.

very apt two cents, and much appreciated. i am more or less of similar mind with where i’m at.

UPDATE TIME:

the forum is near the end of construction and the rules and lore bits about done as well. at my current rate, i am optimistic to get the ball rolling by next weekend (i’ll have a lot more free time with the holiday next week).

for funsies, here’s a video on all the exciting bits as far as piloting a mobile suit goes. i thought it’d be fun to share (and will do so on-site) for folks that aren’t intimately familiar with how it all works (sans minovsky technology, since we got none) to add a layer of immersion into the rp a bit.

until next time, thanks for the support, folks!
last edit on Jul 2, 2023 2:01:47 GMT by FYE

c o m i n g s o o n

discord: wisshfye
aliaswissh
pronounshe/him
168written posts
FYEearned bits
offlinecurrently
FYE
FYE Avatar
update

got a little sick, which slowed me down on my days off. pushed me back about a week, i think, but i am jugging away as i am able.
currently getting the mass production suits put together, also editing the synopsis/timeline draft into its final form. all is looking good so far.

hype to share this with y'all once it's all done.

as always, thanks for the support/hype, and i'll see you all in the next update! hopefully with some bigger news!

-fye

c o m i n g s o o n

aliaswissh
pronounshe/him
168written posts
FYEearned bits
offlinecurrently
FYE
FYE Avatar
brief mini-update!

added a more fleshed out synopsis, as well as blurbs about a primary mobile suit utilized by each faction.
  • MB-05 "Monarch": The flagship mobile suit, under the Mobile Battleframe Program, of the GPC. The Monarch possesses superb firepower and adaptability to various combat situations.

• MS-09D "Destrier": With the Vanguard uprising, a standard-bearing mobile suit was required to solidify them as a force to be reckoned with. Their response? The MS-09D "Destrier", based off stolen Monarch programs, outfitted for high speed combat scenarios.

• NX-04 "Penumbra": The first mobile suit capable of cloaking, the Penumbra boasts some of the most advanced technology available. A NEXUS original, the suit, though few in supply, is regarded as something of a "ghost story" among GPC and Vanguard pilots.

until next time!
last edit on Jul 7, 2023 22:40:27 GMT by FYE

c o m i n g s o o n

aliaswissh
pronounshe/him
168written posts
FYEearned bits
offlinecurrently
FYE
FYE Avatar
traveller Avatar
With the Vanguard uprising, a standard-bearing mobile suit was required to solidify them as a force to be reckoned with.
Oh-hoh. How do these flags (or emblems?) function with regards to mobile suit performance?

i’ll get to that, don’t worry lol.

update to add: i’m revising the plot a good bit. i ended up stumbling upon a site that was doing something a little too close backdrop-wise and i’d much rather change up what i’m working on than risk the appearance of plagiarism or something of the like.

but i like the new lore direction. it’s gonna slap.

see y’all in the next one!

c o m i n g s o o n

aliaswissh
pronounshe/him
168written posts
FYEearned bits
offlinecurrently
FYE
FYE Avatar
nao Avatar
gundam rp :eyesemoji:

:eyesemoji:

new update with revised plot synopsis in the OP:

In the year Æ2182, the governing body known as CONCORD establishes the Void Directorate, a top secret research project tasked with identifying a cataclysmic event that has plagued humanity for generations. Meanwhile, one of the CONCORD nations, Pyranthos, discovers ruins containing colossal machines. During the course of researching and reverse engineering these machines, the first mobile suit is developed, substantially increasing the firepower behind the nation. As Pyranthos grows more ambitious, a covert organization calling itself NEXUS begins stoking the flames of war. Soon, the world of Astralis is embroiled in three different conflicts: a race to save humanity, war between Pyranthos and other CONCORD nations, and the enigmatic goals of NEXUS.

til next time!

~fye

c o m i n g s o o n

the waking storm
aliasLuxu, TenebraeQueene
pronounsShe/They
313written posts
Galeforceearned bits
offlinecurrently
Galeforce
Galeforce Avatar
covered in scars but roses are coming through the cracks
so, uh. my only knowledge of gundam is from vague memories of g gundam and gundam wing. and watching a season of iron-blooded orphans. but i love the IDEA of robots and space wars! so, sign me up! c:
aliaswissh
pronounshe/him
168written posts
FYEearned bits
offlinecurrently
FYE
FYE Avatar
greetings, salutations, hello!

update on the good stuff:

revised plot is just about done, biggest tease: quantum disintegration. i'll let that drive you nuts;
mecha are just about done as well -- i'm counting 3-4 per faction right now, but i may tweak that and save some for later in plot developments;
working on lore cuz there's a ton to cover ;D

was slowed down the past couple weeks cuz of work and writing, but we're chugging along! i hope to be wrapped up soon-ish, time permitting.

hopefully the next update brings bigger news!

~fye

c o m i n g s o o n

aliaswissh
pronounshe/him
168written posts
FYEearned bits
offlinecurrently
FYE
FYE Avatar
Galeforce Avatar
so, uh. my only knowledge of gundam is from vague memories of g gundam and gundam wing. and watching a season of iron-blooded orphans. but i love the IDEA of robots and space wars! so, sign me up! c:

ashamed i missed this, but thank you!

quick update time!

- updated name: the project is now going by “EXCIDIA”. for some reason having the scarybads in the title was making me spend too much time on them, and they’re supposed to be mysterious;

- updated synopsis: with the plot more or less through the final draft and editing phase, i thought it best to update the synopsis to reflect that;

- i have completed the “canon” list: i now know who i’ll need for what and where, as well as their core role in the story (so far);

- mobile suits are done, GUNDAMs (yes, plural) are done: there’s a good number of suits for each group for the place in the story everything starts at (NEXUS has less, for a reason), the current GUNDAMs (as in those that would fit the sense of the franchise, apart from the program detailed in the OP) are also done and i have assigned them to canon characters to keep them in roles expressly for the plot (they are important and i don’t want them neglected);

i have a busy week of work coming up, but my hope (currently) is to have Excidia up and ready for a “soft open” by then. if anyone is interested in taking part in that, please PM me or get in touch on discord (handle in my sig) and i’ll be sure to let you know as soon as things are ready to go.

thanks for the hype and whatnot, it’s been the wind in my sails.

-fye

c o m i n g s o o n