write a reply

EXCIDIA // a GUNDAM rp

7written posts
henkeiearned bits
offlinecurrently
henkei
henkei Avatar
You already know I'm excited for this, but I'm excited for this!

Also, I have a question about the size of the setting. Obviously, Gundam is usually set in near space and deep space is uh, big, and I've seen that end up an issue on other space opera sites before. I'm wondering how big the actual scope of the site is going to be, considering that characters getting stationed on the other side of the same planet could be an issue for plotting.
aliaswissh
pronounshe/him
168written posts
FYEearned bits
offlinecurrently
FYE
FYE Avatar
for your entertainment ;D
henkei Avatar
You already know I'm excited for this, but I'm excited for this!

Also, I have a question about the size of the setting. Obviously, Gundam is usually set in near space and deep space is uh, big, and I've seen that end up an issue on other space opera sites before. I'm wondering how big the actual scope of the site is going to be, considering that characters getting stationed on the other side of the same planet could be an issue for plotting.

working plan so far is there are going to be some faction specific locations, namely between the GPC and rebels, and some more โ€œneutralโ€ zones. all zones will have some NEXUS presence, though, in keeping with the way they operate.

unless Iโ€™m misunderstanding the question lol. if so, feel free to clarify. ^^

quick update note, the โ€œZero typesโ€ from BnP lore have been successfully imported into the lore of Nexus. Their blurb is effectively the same:
About Zero-types:
ZEROES were once regular human beings before being taken by NEXUS for their "conversion". The process of changing a human into a Zero involves an intricate process that rewires the brain, enhances their physical abilities, and in some ways "mechanizes" the individual into a powerful killing machine. Zeroes are capable of remarkable physical feats, including being impervious to gunshots or leaping great heights and distances. Many Zeroes also have augmented body parts, such as limbs or eyes, granting further buffs to their already heightened abilities. A primary characteristic of the Zeroes is their coldness, a result of the procedure, that makes them come off as unfriendly (or even antagonistic) towards humans or even one another (granted, in the latter case, Zeroes tend to be friendly towards one another, as they "recognize" one another). Most Zeroes are treated poorly by Colony residents, from whom they acquired the name "Zero" (it's used mostly as a slur against them), instilling a great feeling of resentment towards their unmodified counterparts. As property of NEXUS, Zeroes have few if any rights and are often "decommissioned" via incineration before they reach the age of 35, though there are some exceptions. All of this considered, it is no surprise that many Zeroes have found a home within Rebellion, using their skills in the pursuit of their liberation.

c o m i n g s o o n

discord: wisshfye
aliaswissh
pronounshe/him
168written posts
FYEearned bits
offlinecurrently
FYE
FYE Avatar
newyork Avatar
i'm so happy to see the successor of Boku here. i was so excited for it and am glad you're doing well. can't wait.

happy to hear the hype still lingers:))

update time!

• i am just about finished with the plot/timeline. give a bit of background on events folks can tie back to in profiles and what have you, yes yes yes;
  • the mobile suits are just about finished too. there are a handful of units for each faction, as well as units that are civilian-use (some of those can be modified for combat);
  • the G.U.N.D.A.M. Project is getting fleshed out with the lore, and the operating system possessed by what the original franchise typically dubs "Gundams" is likewise under works under the name aOS (ANAMNESIS OS).

meaning of the two acronyms, and a snippet:
G.U.N.D.A.M.: Galactic Unified Network for Defense and Advanced Mechanics;
GUNDAM is short for "Galactic Unified Network for Defense and Advanced Mechanics" and is originally a product of the GPC. As humanity spread throughout the Milky Way, the terms of the program were expanded to include the many different Colonies. This program would eventually be exploited by the rebel forces calling themselves Vanguard and the shadow op known as NEXUS.

A.N.A.M.N.E.S.I.S. Operating System Advanced Neural Archive and Memory Navigation System for Informational Synthesis
ANAMNESIS is an advanced operating system created by the GPC during the development of more sophisticated mobile suits. The goal of this operating system was to enhance, in its pilots, knowledge acquisition, decision-making, and intellectual growth. Given the potential risks of the system, it was tested strictly with pilots who were known to have no families, thus making unexpected "disappearances" easier to cover up. With the proliferation of the war, the system fell into the hands of Vanguard and NEXUS, though the former lacks the resources necessary for cracking the system's security features.

and that's all we have, for now!
-fye

c o m i n g s o o n

120written posts
travellerearned bits
offlinecurrently
traveller
traveller Avatar
But will there be battleships?!? I'm a weird Gundam fan. Come at me with the Argamma, or White Base, and I'm all ears. Xeku Eins? Pezun Dwadge? Not so much.

Very interested to see your take on an original setting Gundam RP. :)
"Since you claim you're so much wiser, why's your life spent all alone?"
aliaswissh
pronounshe/him
168written posts
FYEearned bits
offlinecurrently
FYE
FYE Avatar
traveller Avatar
But will there be battleships?!? I'm a weird Gundam fan. Come at me with the Argamma, or White Base, and I'm all ears. Xeku Eins? Pezun Dwadge? Not so much.

Very interested to see your take on an original setting Gundam RP. :)

of course! :DDDD what would Gundam be without battleships and battleship battles?

c o m i n g s o o n

aliaswissh
pronounshe/him
168written posts
FYEearned bits
offlinecurrently
FYE
FYE Avatar
traveller Avatar
You know those fish who see you dangling bait before them and they just know it ain't good for them, but they get it anyway?

Das me. You've got me hook, line, and sinker.

i reckon myself a good fisherman, yes lol

Metaphysical concepts, since I forgot to mention this precisely, to be explored in NEXUS: Soul Resonance and Quantum Entanglement.

c o m i n g s o o n

aliaswissh
pronounshe/him
168written posts
FYEearned bits
offlinecurrently
FYE
FYE Avatar
Codingway Avatar
Really interesting! Since it is involving space do we get playable alien races?

undecided at present, as i am very indecisive with if/how best to incorporate them into the story thus far. it's always been a little finicky within Gundam settings because there's already a lot happening.

but i could see how they'd make an interesting addition to later plot developments.
i am very fond of planning ahead ^^

thanks!

c o m i n g s o o n