[pokemon] sootopolis family! (and steven!)

kmsdvlajvkefk
aliastanzaku, tanz, tan-tan, egao, protag, chapel, tbotc
pronounsshe/her
1,327written posts
offlinecurrently
add the regression tag
Part of the Furniture
add the regression tag Avatar
emotional over wallace event/alt
HEY LOOK THIS IS THE SITE https://.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

SITE IS POKEMON AND IT'S AU READ A BIT

THIS IS MY CHARACTER HE'S WALLACE I PLAY HIM https://.jcink.net/index.php?showuser=288

NOW LOOK THIS IS A COPY PASTE OF MY WANTED AD

hi i play wallace and it would be cool to have the gang over.

#1 in the list is naturally going to be wallace's favourite, his 18-year-old niece, lisia. or at least i would appreciate her to be 18 because uncle wall here is not getting any younger!!! though they're mentor-student, wallace taught her content bc he just loves her and can't help but dote on her. they share the same belief that pokemon are more than just for fighting. he's incredibly proud that lisia has grown onto her own and it's through lisia that wallace is viciously living out being a parent since he is going to be child-free. they have a matching swablu keychain. despite wallace doting on her, he keeps it cool bc he wants to stay as the cool uncle esp since she's getting older. wouldn't want to be that guy who embarrasses the younger kids!!

#2 is wallace's older sister, who was the former guardian of the cave of origin until wallace challenged her for the position from what seems like out of the blue. they've always had a pretty good relationship despite the age gap (or at least from wallace's perspective). he set off in his journey to support her but after realizing he wants to become a gym leader like his mentor, juan, he went home and was like hey sis what if i'm the guardian hm? because i'm going to be in sootopolis as gym leader anyway. and then you can follow your dreams and live your life hmmm well what do u say? this is gonna be obviously an oc and doesn't have to have the teal hair and eyes like wallace and lisia has. that ancient sootopolis ppl trait could be recessive, after all!

#3 is buddy ole pal steven stone, also known as the guy who doesn't thank wallace enough and wallace just keeps coming back to not be appreciated. wallace is almost like a completely different person around steven. they understand each other very well that it's annoying bc the OTHER guy knows he understands him so they just aren't polite with each other. basically the cool pkmn version of friends who call each other a bastard and says wassup mfker instead of hi. though ok honestly that might just be wallace LMAO up to you. naturally he uses smarter-sounding phrases like, "try not to be a menace, steven" or "that's wonderful, steven. it sounds exactly as good as the 50 previous times you told me..." this is totally just in between them and though he is sassier around steven, he is also genuine in his compliments with him. steven is both a friend and a rival, and he feels very fortunate to have a person like him by his side.

- or, maybe throw in lover too! cards down, it doesn't matter for me but pls dont misinterpret that as not being interested. i am ace, and so is wallace! it's cool and i do love shipping. but ultimately, platonic relationship is just as awesome as romantic, ya know? and wallace isn't even going to be any different. you'll still get sass. but with handholding and cuddling when they're alone. but if we're going this route, i don't want romance to be an established relationship! would like it to develop orgaincally instead! so yeah. *thumbsup*

OH AND I FORGOT THE MOST IMPORTANT PART. STEVEN HAS TO BE SHORTER THAN WALLACE. THIS IS IMPORTANT. THIS IS LIFE-OR-DEATH. PLEASE I AM BEGGING YOU. MAKE HIM SHORTER THAN WALLACE WALLACE WANTS/NEEDS/DESERVES THE HEIGHT ADVANTAGE OVER SHORT KING

#4 is still juan! yes, there's more but yeah, not much to say here. oh, actually, i do have some history from wallace written out on why he sought juan. though it could have also been a coincidence. or juan chose wallace. or all of the above! but basically during wallace's journey, he starts to question why people aer so overly competitive when it comes to battles. this is an important theme in his childhood bc as he is related to the guardian, the history of kyogre and groudon was a story he often thought about. why do people choose sides? what is the point of there being a victor? etc. and randomly throwing it out there, but wallace was actually a ground-type trainer back then. his starter was a nidoran f so he could have started using water pokemon bc of juan!

#5 is wallace's master! it's not juan, but that old man we see in oras who knows about the history of sootopolis as well as the tree given by the ancient king of kalos. he is probably the person wallace fears the most haha. IDK why maybe there is a specific reason but regardless, wallace just finds him very intimidating. he feels like a child who doesn't know jackshit around him. maybe he's an asian parent. wallace did have to study hard and he studied a lot to make sure he just wasn't pretty, but also smart. not that he is bad at it. wallace has always been a natural ravenclaw. beauty and brains... but still... scary honorable old man...

actuallly, plot idea! so what if old man were kind of a foil to wallace? maybe their beliefs conflicted at first although they made amens as wallace proved himself. but this guy is pretty traditional and sees that wallace, lisia, and his sister should have to sacrifice their happiness to protect the cave. they failed at that cause y'know, archie and maxie, but yeah! so now we have titan pokemon. maybe he's changed his mind again, or maybe he's always been the devil's advocate, but protective the cave was about making sure no one uses the power of the legendaries. kyogre and groudon in slumber = good. and if you kill the bonded, the legendary will fall back into deep sleep! so that sounds fun. tell wallace to consider killing the bonded humans to fulfill his duty.

#6 a gym trainer from the sootopolis gym! could be someone who joined when juan was around and wallace inherited it, or when wallace already took over. i just like the idea of a pretty close colleague esp since wallace was mostly a gym leader in his career. i think it'd be cool to explore the stuffs that go on in the gym. most of them are fans of his of all ages, but every fan is different! and you don't have to be one either ofc. but i do want some sort of respect and mentor-student relationship since the one wallace currently has is with the coordinator side. big want for some gender non-confirming / trope misdirection. full disclosure: this idea came to me thinking about claude from fe3h. both beauty and brains, ya know? we can have fun convos and reminisce about the past before wallace became champion.

so uh yeah! you can pop in the server and dm me from there if you wanna talk more or ask about stuff?
last edit on Oct 27, 2023 23:19:39 GMT by add the regression tag
kmsdvlajvkefk
pronounsshe/her
1,327written posts
offlinecurrently
add the regression tag
Part of the Furniture
bump! and ninja edited these two at some point

#5 is wallace's master! it's not juan, but that old man we see in oras who knows about the history of sootopolis as well as the tree given by the ancient king of kalos. he is probably the person wallace fears the most haha. IDK why maybe there is a specific reason but regardless, wallace just finds him very intimidating. he feels like a child who doesn't know jackshit around him. maybe he's an asian parent. wallace did have to study hard and he studied a lot to make sure he just wasn't pretty, but also smart. not that he is bad at it. wallace has always been a natural ravenclaw. beauty and brains... but still... scary honorable old man...

actuallly, plot idea! so what if old man were kind of a foil to wallace? maybe their beliefs conflicted at first although they made amens as wallace proved himself. but this guy is pretty traditional and sees that wallace, lisia, and his sister should have to sacrifice their happiness to protect the cave. they failed at that cause y'know, archie and maxie, but yeah! so now we have titan pokemon. maybe he's changed his mind again, or maybe he's always been the devil's advocate, but protective the cave was about making sure no one uses the power of the legendaries. kyogre and groudon in slumber = good. and if you kill the bonded, the legendary will fall back into deep sleep! so that sounds fun. tell wallace to consider killing the bonded humans to fulfill his duty.

#6 a gym trainer from the sootopolis gym! could be someone who joined when juan was around and wallace inherited it, or when wallace already took over. i just like the idea of a pretty close colleague esp since wallace was mostly a gym leader in his career. i think it'd be cool to explore the stuffs that go on in the gym. most of them are fans of his of all ages, but every fan is different! and you don't have to be one either ofc. but i do want some sort of respect and mentor-student relationship since the one wallace currently has is with the coordinator side. big want for some gender non-confirming / trope misdirection. full disclosure: this idea came to me thinking about claude from fe3h. both beauty and brains, ya know? we can have fun convos and reminisce about the past before wallace became champion.

last edit on Aug 14, 2023 0:48:17 GMT by add the regression tag
kmsdvlajvkefk
pronounsshe/her
1,327written posts
offlinecurrently
add the regression tag
Part of the Furniture
I AM BACK WITH EMPHASIS ON BEAUTIFUL MEN AGENDA

this plot line has really got me thinking so i'm going to double down on it. throwing out some fc's to get rid of the itch to app them myself in case it could spur some idea!! these guys should have a decent to a bajillion art

android 17 (dragon ball): 
piercings. kinda androgynous. look at his frown. now look at his smile. now look at his ponytail!

amuro tooru / rei furuya / bourbon (detective conan):
thanks to his multiple roles in conan, he comes with lots of variety of art. could look villainous, heroic, or wholsome cafe owner

claude von riegen (fire emblem: three houses):
okay i'll say it - i personally liked his beard! but i get if you're a beardless claude enjoyer. you have trillions to pick from.

kim dokja (omniscient reader's viewpoint):
in-universe, he isn't handsome and as you can see, pretty regular-looking.
but that's the catch! you don't need to be born beautiful to be beautiful!
but i threw in a fourth icon for him to make him on even ground with the rest...

enkidu (fate):
genderfluid/non-binary/adrogynous personified. probably TOO beautiful honestly.

miyagi ryouta (slam dunk):
love his art and design. has a variety of art, look! short king slay

zaveid (tales of):
usually naked, sometimes with clothes! the buffiest man in the list

kmsdvlajvkefk
pronounsshe/her
1,327written posts
offlinecurrently
add the regression tag
Part of the Furniture

one water tribe member down

also happy 100th post wif me im very active rp with me and us!!!
kmsdvlajvkefk
pronounsshe/her
1,327written posts
offlinecurrently
add the regression tag
Part of the Furniture
yesterday i woke up with miley cyrus wrecking ball playing in my head for some reason and now it's 4:21am and i woke up with ygo arc v music playing

ygo arc v has really good ost
last edit on Sept 9, 2023 20:25:35 GMT by add the regression tag
kmsdvlajvkefk
pronounsshe/her
1,327written posts
offlinecurrently
add the regression tag
Part of the Furniture
check out my duck socks

now check out my wanted ad and rp wif me
kmsdvlajvkefk
pronounsshe/her
1,327written posts
offlinecurrently
add the regression tag
Part of the Furniture
HEY LOOK THIS IS THE SITE atadtd.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

SITE IS POKEMON AND IT'S AU READ A BIT

THIS IS MY CHARACTER HE'S WALLACE I PLAY HIM atadtd.jcink.net/index.php?showuser=288

NOW LOOK THIS IS A COPY PASTE OF MY WANTED AD

hi i play wallace and it would be cool to have the gang over.

#1 in the list is naturally going to be wallace's favourite, his 18-year-old niece, lisia. or at least i would appreciate her to be 18 because uncle wall here is not getting any younger!!! though they're mentor-student, wallace taught her content bc he just loves her and can't help but dote on her. they share the same belief that pokemon are more than just for fighting. he's incredibly proud that lisia has grown onto her own and it's through lisia that wallace is viciously living out being a parent since he is going to be child-free. they have a matching swablu keychain. despite wallace doting on her, he keeps it cool bc he wants to stay as the cool uncle esp since she's getting older. wouldn't want to be that guy who embarrasses the younger kids!!

#2 is wallace's older sister, who was the former guardian of the cave of origin until wallace challenged her for the position from what seems like out of the blue. they've always had a pretty good relationship despite the age gap (or at least from wallace's perspective). he set off in his journey to support her but after realizing he wants to become a gym leader like his mentor, juan, he went home and was like hey sis what if i'm the guardian hm? because i'm going to be in sootopolis as gym leader anyway. and then you can follow your dreams and live your life hmmm well what do u say? this is gonna be obviously an oc and doesn't have to have the teal hair and eyes like wallace and lisia has. that ancient sootopolis ppl trait could be recessive, after all!

#3 is buddy ole pal steven stone, also known as the guy who doesn't thank wallace enough and wallace just keeps coming back to not be appreciated. wallace is almost like a completely different person around steven. they understand each other very well that it's annoying bc the OTHER guy knows he understands him so they just aren't polite with each other. basically the cool pkmn version of friends who call each other a bastard and says wassup mfker instead of hi. though ok honestly that might just be wallace LMAO up to you. naturally he uses smarter-sounding phrases like, "try not to be a menace, steven" or "that's wonderful, steven. it sounds exactly as good as the 50 previous times you told me..." this is totally just in between them and though he is sassier around steven, he is also genuine in his compliments with him. steven is both a friend and a rival, and he feels very fortunate to have a person like him by his side.

- or, maybe throw in lover too! cards down, it doesn't matter for me but pls dont misinterpret that as not being interested. i am ace, and so is wallace! it's cool and i do love shipping. but ultimately, platonic relationship is just as awesome as romantic, ya know? and wallace isn't even going to be any different. you'll still get sass. but with handholding and cuddling when they're alone. but if we're going this route, i don't want romance to be an established relationship! would like it to develop orgaincally instead! so yeah. *thumbsup*

OH AND I FORGOT THE MOST IMPORTANT PART. STEVEN HAS TO BE SHORTER THAN WALLACE. THIS IS IMPORTANT. THIS IS LIFE-OR-DEATH. PLEASE I AM BEGGING YOU. MAKE HIM SHORTER THAN WALLACE WALLACE WANTS/NEEDS/DESERVES THE HEIGHT ADVANTAGE OVER SHORT KING

#4 is still juan! yes, there's more but yeah, not much to say here. oh, actually, i do have some history from wallace written out on why he sought juan. though it could have also been a coincidence. or juan chose wallace. or all of the above! but basically during wallace's journey, he starts to question why people aer so overly competitive when it comes to battles. this is an important theme in his childhood bc as he is related to the guardian, the history of kyogre and groudon was a story he often thought about. why do people choose sides? what is the point of there being a victor? etc. and randomly throwing it out there, but wallace was actually a ground-type trainer back then. his starter was a nidoran f so he could have started using water pokemon bc of juan!

so uh yeah! you can pop in the server and dm me from there if you wanna talk more or ask about stuff?
yeah what she said!!!!!!
kmsdvlajvkefk
pronounsshe/her
1,327written posts
offlinecurrently
add the regression tag
Part of the Furniture

ayo some plot bunnies and thoughts for the sister this time!!

so i really just want someone to play her. you can go whatever route you want. but if you need me to sell you some good shit drama, this post is for you.

+ i haven't decided yet about their parents or if sister was also practically wallace's caregiver as well. esp given their age difference. but if you want that stress in your life, plus give wallace even more reason to be attached to his family, then there you go

+ and speaking of attached, ever thought about being not turning out like wallace? or your own daughter, lisia? or just some darker past? that would be very lit. i throw now and then some hints about their childhood not being that happy because of their duty to sootopolis. wallace in particular had his life view shaped by the thought that people are bound to things they couldn't control and that sacrifices are necessary.

+ and AND... if you wanna go a step further, make her a villain! and i can guarantee you that wallace will be on her side :))) but in an iroh-to-zuko way. will try to set you back and even sabotage you if it means helping you. probably also remind you to think about lisia. wallace is most loyal to his family and he a least knows lisia will have steven, juan, and his master to look after her. but his sister would have nobody but him.

+ ... well there's also her hubby but that's up to you!!! i still think wallace is not going to turn his back on her no matter what.

+ ALSO I REALLY ACTUALLY LOVE SIBLING PLOTS

+ aLSO wallace started out as a ground-type trainer so maybe sister was water-type? could have switched in the end... just throwing it out there!

+ AND!!! one theme i have running for wallace is his rejection of power. it boils to how he sees that if he accepts the notion that power is necessary, then those who are weak must be fated to suffer. he sought a different style in pokemon training because he wants to achieve "something" that doesn't need power. he wants to reach this ideal so that he can prove that weak pokemon would have their efforts validated. maybe in a way he went that path bc of how he saw his sister suffered from the consequences of their roles.

+ so would be fun(ny) if sister was a bit of the opposite! lisia will definietly cry... ooops

last edit on Sept 30, 2023 19:50:19 GMT by add the regression tag
kmsdvlajvkefk
pronounsshe/her
1,327written posts
offlinecurrently
add the regression tag
Part of the Furniture
i grow more desperate for sootfam plots 'cause wallace is the only character im playing now! so you'll even get my full attention if u app any of em!!

im still really hungry for gym trainers. i wanna have my colleagues, geek out about water type pokemon, reminisce abt the old days and our mentor juan!

speaking of gym trainers though, they're prominently featured in a mini fic im writing about wallace's past, inspired heavily by all the devs i've had in the site thus far~ i'm still working on it but here's what i have so far. and i can only hope this cringe is proof of how much i'd love to plot (//ω//)

wallace[pokemon, canon]
“The gym is flourishing. Facilities are at max capacity but operations are running smoothly than they ever have. The pools have been renovated. I wished you had been there. Monsieur Juan, stunned and speechless at finding a Wailord swimming comfortably in the same Gym he’d established. Well, all of us, his former students, could barely believe it either. What a transformation it was. The Sootopolis Gym is no longer the Mythical Gym trainers have never heard of. We’ve become the ‘true’ Eight Gym of Hoenn.”

The pearly moonlight splits into two, transparent sheets over the balcony. Marian’s lily pad catches one end, turning it into a pool of glowing halo. The shadow it casts dim Marian’s face, blending with the blurry colors and shaky outlines that have been making me nauseous. I can already feel it. This is going to be another long night.

“Hear me out: what if, tonight, we disappear? Does that sound interesting to you? We can start anew. Somewhere. Anywhere.”

-

Several years ago –

The gym closes early in the late afternoon, so we have about an hour and a half of sunlight left to move the Pokemon over the lake. It is a routinely spectacle the people come out of their houses for to observe. I used to be one of them until I became a trainer of the Sootopolis Gym myself and took part of this very ritual in the next six years.

The transition of gym ownership went without fanfare. Monsieur Juan had a strong reputation and, if anything, my being a native, a familiar face and name to every person in Sootopolis, increased interest in the gym’s activities. Not by much though. I was the youngest of my mentor’s students, the least experienced. Before coming to Sootopolis, my seniors were adept trainers looking to expand their horizon and put their skills to use. They were already apprentices in Water-type specialization, while I made an embarrassing comparison, a trainer with only three badges and several Pokemon – one Water. Along a telling resume, they enticed the people with a wealth of stories, captivated them with ordinary yet valuable, everyday tales. Had any of them become the city’s new Gym Leader, they would have been accepted with many love and blessings.

Instead, the seniors who have taken care of me have turned into my gym trainers. Perhaps because many still see me as the boy who was the worst swimmer in his class, the things I am approached for during this occasion are… They’re, well… They mean well is all that matters.

“How are you going to get married if you’re in that Gym everyday?”

The same anyone would when they have a job.

“Can’t one of them take over while you’re away?”

I just earned this position. It would not look good to pass it over, no matter how briefly.

“Lisia is so cute! If you take your time seeing other places too like your sister, you’ll also – ”

– My niece is truly adorable, I agree.

“Can someone who swims badly as you really be a Gym Leader of Water Pokemon?”

A presence steps in.

“Really? Wallace?” Statio lets out a laugh. “That’s not even worth joking about. He’s the only one keeping up during their play time. We were always worried he would tire himself and drown.”

“Yes, it’s as Statio says. I remember how we would take turns keeping an eye out, exhausted as we were,” adds Nura, the corners of his lips twitching upward.

“Leader!” It’s Nymie’s voice. “Everyone’s out!”

Beside Nymie is Edeo, peering through a pair of binoculars. “Wait… is that another Luvdisc? One, two, three… Hey!”

I grin. “Great job everyone! Let’s head home!”

The observers have already dispersed with most of the Pokemon having gone underwater. On the way up the stairs, I follow after Nura.

“It’s the first time I heard that. Did you really…?”

“Oh, yes, we did.”

“Did what?” asks Edeo. “What are you two talking about?”

“You know how he was always in the water longer than any of us? I may have mentioned that we used to play lifeguard on him.”

“I didn’t know I was being a trouble.”

It makes me feel guilty for never noticing. All those times they had gently reminded me of taking a break, I merely thought they were being fussy. A terrible swimmer I may be by Sootopolis standard, but I knew I could win against any adult twice my age, especially when they were not from Hoenn. I was eager to prove my worth. That I wasn’t a weak child. I wanted them to seriously consider me a threat to their budding careers.

I’ve unearthed a new memory to be embarrassed about.

(to be continued)

mizo.
last edit on Oct 7, 2023 6:52:03 GMT by add the regression tag
kmsdvlajvkefk
pronounsshe/her
1,327written posts
offlinecurrently
add the regression tag
Part of the Furniture

ok so like still pining for all the list in the original post (both for canon and oc's) but i really, really, really want gym trainers. AND i'm just throwing this out there! like, there can be multiple gym trainers anyway. but ONE idea:

seto kaiba

just make a seto kaiba pokemon with seto kaiba fc. he's serious, he's a dick, he has no friends. but he respects those who are strong and has a soft spot for kids, especially orphans. so imagine this intense guy who rides a blastoise water jet from and to sootopolis. and then he scoffs at wallace for "abandoning" his pokemon in hoenn (he's raising a new team in paldea) and wondering he can sleep at night. and wallace just takes at stride, like, hello kaiba! thank u for ur concern. i heard you visited them recently <3 <3 but no matter how far apart, we are one in our heart. and kaiba just rolls his eyes and tells wallace his perfume is the only last remaining good decision he's made.

and he also asks lisia about her homework and what her pathetic math teacher has to say about how wrong they were during class.

SO YOU KNOW. replaced blue-eyes white dragon with water type. kaiba is the grumpy, dependable uncle/big brother who may be rude but is always treated with love by wallace. wallace may occassionally scold him if he's being too rude to others (he doesn't mind if he's that way to him ofc) but wallace for sure consider him as a friend lmao. it's frenemies from kaiba's end and just friends from wallace's end.

I JUST WANT MORE SOOTOPOLIS AND WATER TYPE TRAINERS COME ON LET'S GO PLOT WITH MEEEE

EDIT: also seto kaiba literally means sea horse c'mion
last edit on Oct 22, 2023 4:11:31 GMT by add the regression tag