aliasfreiheit, microwaved burrito
pronounsany
1,516written posts
pharaoh leapearned bits
offlinecurrently
pharaoh leap
Administrator
pharaoh leap Avatar
i've been having some pretty dark thoughts.
[nospaces]

WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT

Some of you may remember, and some of you may not, but I ran a "crime rp" over two years ago called Revolution Calling that I loved to bits and haven't forgiven myself for not treating better ever since. The major downfall of the site was a lack of available staff for the amount of moderation it required. Due to personal issues which have since most certainly been resolved, I also wasn't able to RP there as much as I wanted to at the time. Because that has been resolved, and I remember the place so fondly, I definitely want to take another stab at it - but I need to make sure it's a worthwhile investment before I go about revamping and releasing it![break][break]

Set in present day Seattle, Washington, Revolution Calling focuses on the day-by-day aspects of city life - as well as a secret underground movement rising in the city's underbelly responsible for murders scattered across the city. Members are allowed to play members of the titular revolution, members of law enforcement dedicated to peacekeeping and the eventual capture of the aforementioned group, or ordinary civilians of the city just trying to lead their lives. Specialized cops and robbers in RP format, essentially, with the opportunity to RP out slice-of-life with darker undertones in the background. Plot progression will play a major role on the site, should things go as intended, with monthly (or bi-monthly, depending on what everyone thinks works better?) events pushing the story of the site forward.

While the site is very much grounded in reality, limiting the creation of, say, creatures magical in nature, members are allowed as much character freedom as can be allotted in a dark "Next Sunday AD" setting. Explore character ideas to your heart's content, my friends. <3

HELP WANTED

Again, the main issue - or one of, at the very least - we faced originally was a lack of staff help that the site sorely needed. As of right now, I'm the only remaining member of the already small original group of staffers. Help would be greatly appreciated: anything as complicated as offering to help administrate the forum with me to as simple as offering to help advertise would mean the world! General moderation, app acceptance, claims listings... frankly, if you're interested in the RP and don't mind lending a helping hand, however small, let me know. Again. Any help counts. I just don't want to go in alone, aaaaaaaaah.

BRAINSTORMING FOR THE REVOLUTION

Rather than simply cleaning out old boards and opening the site up again exactly as was, I would like to revamp systems, as well, and take a critical look at what worked the first time around and what very much did not. Having someone to help bounce ideas off of would be nice - but even better would be if I could receive some critique on the site as it was run in the past and the site as I intend to run it coming up! Things are definitely going to be subject to change once the doors are open, but I want to learn from past mistakes that may have been made, and am curious to see what people would want specifically out of an RP in this setting.[break][break]

The forum is still up in all its virtually untouched glory; if you have any interest in helping to staff, helping to brainstorm ideas, or helping to critique past systems and present ideas, please respond to this thread or PM me, and I'll hook you up with a link! Or, heck, even just a "I support this" would do wonders. Thanks so much in advance. ;u;

THERE'S SOMETHIN' GOIN' ON
[googlefont=Roboto:400,700]
last edit on Jul 18, 2018 4:42:40 GMT by pharaoh leap
214written posts
✦ MADearned bits
offlinecurrently
✦ MAD
✦ MAD Avatar
[nospaces]

Even though it's not what I'm currently looking for I just wanna wish this project of the best of luck. I can tell you feel a lot of love for this, so I'm sure if others join the boat and the site sails off it will be an amazing experience.
[break][break]
You got this RC!

frog on the floor
pronounsany
1,516written posts
pharaoh leapearned bits
offlinecurrently
pharaoh leap
Administrator
pharaoh leap Avatar
Proboards will always be my go-to host of choice~! I'm still very novice at (read: haven't ever tried) skinning Jcink, and for as much as I hate Proboards, I also love it to pieces. <3
pronounsshe/her
66written posts
foxtrottearned bits
offlinecurrently
foxtrott
foxtrott Avatar

that's some aesthetic-ass shit right there broseph 👀

I've got a bit of staffing experience and a bit of real-life people management experience, so, if you're super desperate for people, I'd be able to help? I'd love to see how it turns out, regardless. It sounds like a neat idea.

frog on the floor
pronounsany
1,516written posts
pharaoh leapearned bits
offlinecurrently
pharaoh leap
Administrator
pharaoh leap Avatar
, animanga faces! I've never personally done real life faces before, and while I wouldn't be opposed to trying it out on a forum in the future, for this project, I'd like to stick to what I'm comfortable with, sdkfjlhdkjfhds. Hopefully that's not too much of a turnoff! :'D

, "super desperate" is probably accurate, but even if that wasn't the case, I'd love to have you along for the ride. <3 'Sides - experience or lack thereof doesn't guarantee a "good" or "bad" staffer, and you can't get experience if you never staff. ;o If you're still willing to lend a hand, I can PM you a link to our building Discord/the site proper, and we can go from there~!
pronounsShe/Her
107written posts
♕ RISSYearned bits
offlinecurrently
♕ RISSY
♕ RISSY Avatar
You think your instincts, are your weakness. But they are your strengths. Trust in them. ❞
, i've never actually been on a non-real life face site. but i'd be willing to try it out! though i'd probably need help doing so xD but i'd so be down for it!
frog on the floor
pronounsany
1,516written posts
pharaoh leapearned bits
offlinecurrently
pharaoh leap
Administrator
pharaoh leap Avatar
♕ RISSY Avatar
, i've never actually been on a non-real life face site. but i'd be willing to try it out! though i'd probably need help doing so xD but i'd so be down for it!

Always worth it to give it a shot, right? 8D If it comes opening time and you're still interested/would like help, too, I'd definitely be more than willing to offer a helping hand. <3 Really, there's not much difference, aside from what images you use and where to find those images, but I can definitely hook you up with some good resources to help with that! <3
pronounsShe/Her
107written posts
♕ RISSYearned bits
offlinecurrently
♕ RISSY
♕ RISSY Avatar
You think your instincts, are your weakness. But they are your strengths. Trust in them. ❞
i'd be so down for helping! and any resources would be nice! i know about faces in the crowd (i think that is what it is called) but if you have more, throw them at me! <3
frog on the floor
pronounsany
1,516written posts
pharaoh leapearned bits
offlinecurrently
pharaoh leap
Administrator
pharaoh leap Avatar
Hello, we are very much doing this. >:3c Please enjoy this snippet while I die in coding hell.