write a reply

Underrated rping development

kmsdvlajvkefk
aliastanzaku, tanz, tan-tan, egao, protag, chapel, tbotc
pronounsshe/her
1,331written posts
offlinecurrently
emotional over wallace event/alt
What kind of dev do you think doesnโ€™t happen or be considered enough in rping?

For me, itโ€™s misremembering and to an extent, misunderstanding. Itโ€™s understandably harder to convey in rping but i think as long as you are clear about it in ooc chat, it is doable and i think the rewards are much more interesting. Most misunderstandings end up being comical or resolved quickly, which i think is fineโ€ฆ but those things, i think tend to be โ€œbig.โ€ Small misunderstandings are betterโ€ฆ and are like a seed being planted unnoticed to cause great trouble in the future. I love that stuff.

I like it bc come the big confrontation, itโ€™s these small grievances that come out and the other person would fail to understand it. I like how it reflects how arguments really go: usually you end up not fully understanding the other. You donโ€™t know what led to that moment. And thatโ€™s okay. Ultimately we canโ€™t fully understand each other. We donโ€™t have the time or energy for it. But despite all that, we can choose to accept the flaws and move onโ€ฆ

the closest i had this happening in my dev was with my friend. He was down with this kind of stuff too. I feel bad looking back bc my character was the one who misinterpreted his characterโ€™s actions. It wasnโ€™t the main drama between them but it was also whatโ€™s keeping him from reconciling or trying to understand him.