LF Mandarin/Japanese Wannabe Writers

pronounsfeminine
383written posts
idindinearned bits
offlinecurrently
idindin
idindin Avatar
Some RP Language Study Group?!

Hello! This might be a weird wanted-ad, but here's to hoping I find some people. Look at me trying to find smtg niche in another niche hobby, hahahahahaha.

Looking for: (near) intermediate Mandarin or Japanese learners to write with who are also interested to write some Xianxia/Wuxia setting! ... Though the latter isn't a must, more on that later.

Anyway! Since this is entirely for learning purposes, I'd like to explicitly mention that I'm not looking for total beginners or (near) native speakers! This is simply so that I (or we) don't end up blinding people with grammatical errors... I've already done that to the RPC when I was 12 with my english so hehe. Also because: since we're learning, I think most of us are afraid of making mistakes, so... hopefully, by encouraging mistakes, we also encourage more practice.

For more info about my level (as well as the expected proficiency): 

My JP right now is somewhere around N3, trying to claw towards N1 by this year. If you take JLPT, then you should also notice by now that they don't prepare us to write/speak... so this is an effort to fix that hole, ya! My joke thought is how we can ttly practice keigo, but with an RP scenario so it's less cumbersome, more fun (oh my god i hate it though)

Currently taking a speaking-only JP class, but will 100% regress to caveman-speak when panicking. Reading level is about 'Ascendance of the Bookworm'. 

For CN, I'm too lazy to get myself certified but I can speak it fluently as long as you don't throw business terms in. I'm working on my reading right now, and 瞎娘娘 seems to be about my level. Still have to poke at words 30% of the time for their pinyin though.

For both languages, I'm mainly frustrated by how I'm able to read/understand but when it comes to writing a story? Blanking out. The stuff I learned flew away. So this is to partially fix that, yah! 

--

If you're already a serious learner but just not near intermediate, I think it should still be fine! Hopefully we still get to write a simple coffee shop thread but if not, if there's enough people, then it can be some cool study discord group? Looove those.

More on the platform and general muse:

The platform will be on private (semi) sandbox JCINK/Discord depending on how things go! My muse right now is currently anything eastern(chinese)-themed, but it's not a hard must. I also tend to gravitate towards MxM or FxF as long as there's a healthy dose of angst and toxicity building the ship(preferably perpetuated by both parties! so there's room for growing for both ykyk!!).

Friendship/Family plots are also my jam, but I've not had much luck regarding those. I also have a few specific muse? Like a lazy shopkeeper, belligerent warrioress from a previous war, stuff like that! Generally, not picky!

ATM, there is a plot/worldbuilding already written out, but it's not necessary to use it? So think sandbox in the worst(? best?) case scenario! We can do both anyway o3o

Before this gets too long, if this interests you, please send me a private message on this account! Though I'll answer anything anywhere if you need more info 0v0b No people limit for this rn because the more the merrier, and I don't think I'm going to find many with such a specific condition... inb4 i just take in anyone who wants to rp eastern fantasy w/ me.

Oh, and if you're wondering why I'm asking PP instead of some language forum, it's the same answer as why I won't introduce my twitter fan account to any of my fb contacts. :yikes:

Thank you for reading!! 

pronounsfeminine
383written posts
idindinearned bits
offlinecurrently
idindin
idindin Avatar
A bump for this!

Quick recap: looking for Japanese/Mandarin learners to form a cozy study group with so we can push each other to hell! By writing! with Tears!

More info quote'd here:

idindin Avatar

Hello! This might be a weird wanted-ad, but here's to hoping I find some people. Look at me trying to find smtg niche in another niche hobby, hahahahahaha.

Looking for: (near) intermediate Mandarin or Japanese learners to write with who are also interested to write some Xianxia/Wuxia setting! ... Though the latter isn't a must, more on that later.

Anyway! Since this is entirely for learning purposes, I'd like to explicitly mention that I'm not looking for total beginners or (near) native speakers! This is simply so that I (or we) don't end up blinding people with grammatical errors... I've already done that to the RPC when I was 12 with my english so hehe. Also because: since we're learning, I think most of us are afraid of making mistakes, so... hopefully, by encouraging mistakes, we also encourage more practice.

My JP right now is somewhere around N3, trying to claw towards N1 by this year. If you take JLPT, then you should also notice by now that they don't prepare us to write/speak... so this is an effort to fix that hole, ya! My joke thought is how we can ttly practice keigo, but with an RP scenario so it's less cumbersome, more fun (oh my god i hate it though)

Currently taking a speaking-only JP class, but will 100% regress to caveman-speak when panicking. Reading level is about 'Ascendance of the Bookworm'. 

For CN, I'm too lazy to get myself certified but I can speak it fluently as long as you don't throw business terms in. I'm working on my reading right now, and 瞎娘娘 seems to be about my level. Still have to poke at words 30% of the time for their pinyin though.

For both languages, I'm mainly frustrated by how I'm able to read/understand but when it comes to writing a story? Blanking out. The stuff I learned flew away. So this is to partially fix that, yah! 

--

If you're already a serious learner but just not near intermediate, I think it should still be fine! Hopefully we still get to write a simple coffee shop thread but if not, if there's enough people, then it can be some cool study discord group? Looove those.

The platform will be on private (semi) sandbox JCINK/Discord depending on how things go! My muse right now is currently anything eastern(chinese)-themed, but it's not a hard must. I also tend to gravitate towards MxM or FxF as long as there's a healthy dose of angst and toxicity building the ship(preferably perpetuated by both parties! so there's room for growing for both ykyk!!).

Friendship/Family plots are also my jam, but I've not had much luck regarding those. I also have a few specific muse? Like a lazy shopkeeper, belligerent warrioress from a previous war, stuff like that! Generally, not picky!

ATM, there is a plot/worldbuilding already written out, but it's not necessary to use it? So think sandbox in the worst(? best?) case scenario! We can do both anyway o3o

Before this gets too long, if this interests you, please send me a private message on this account! Though I'll answer anything anywhere if you need more info 0v0b No people limit for this rn because the more the merrier, and I don't think I'm going to find many with such a specific condition... inb4 i just take in anyone who wants to rp eastern fantasy w/ me.

Oh, and if you're wondering why I'm asking PP instead of some language forum, it's the same answer as why I won't introduce my twitter fan account to any of my fb contacts. :yikes:

Thank you for reading!! 

Currently we're at Japanese:Mandarin, 2:1. Fight. Might go bug some people I know for this, but for now this is a public (interest) search for the ones hiding out there \o/
28written posts
geminiearned bits
offlinecurrently
gemini
gemini Avatar
idindin Avatar

--

Thank you for reading!! 

Wish this was around 10 years ago. I think my Mandarin has deteriorated so much at this point I'd be considered a novice :(
pronounsfeminine
383written posts
idindinearned bits
offlinecurrently
idindin
idindin Avatar
gemini Avatar
Wish this was around 10 years ago. I think my Mandarin has deteriorated so much at this point I'd be considered a novice :(

my friendo I am the same ;'( if my education didn't screw my mandarin away I think i wouldn't have needed to do this orz

but hey new year new me-- if you want to get it back, it's only a matter of picking it up again! if you wanna try practicing by writing then you're free to join! I say around intermediate but i actually mean it like.. as long as you're not still (just) learning your pinyin/hiragana ha ha ha. ultimately I'm just looking for committed learners, aye...

writing wise, totes can be a beginner with ya! 我自己也很差啊。。。

JP:CN is now 3:1 if everything goes well! Even out the odds with meeee
aliasRae
pronounsshe/her
57written posts
Ravenearned bits
offlinecurrently
Raven
Raven Avatar
"I suffer and slay."
I studied Japanese in college and still try to practice now and then still but not fully. I'd say I'm back at novice level but I'd probably be interested in checking this out :o
I also only know Hiragana xD I never learned Katakana or Kanji... So definitely interested in learning ;-;
pronounsfeminine
383written posts
idindinearned bits
offlinecurrently
idindin
idindin Avatar
Raven Avatar
I studied Japanese in college and still try to practice now and then still but not fully. I'd say I'm back at novice level but I'd probably be interested in checking this out :o
I also only know Hiragana xD I never learned Katakana or Kanji... So definitely interested in learning ;-;
It's probably best if you start with kanji slowly because all-hiragana sentences are actually hell to read in qq (i thought pokemon games would be easy oml) I get that it's harder for some people though. kanji is basically memorizing 100000 pictures (but they are made up of similar smaller pics so uh, might/might not help)

good luck!!! ;v;b 
aliasRae
pronounsshe/her
57written posts
Ravenearned bits
offlinecurrently
Raven
Raven Avatar
"I suffer and slay."
idindin Avatar
Raven Avatar
It's probably best if you start with kanji slowly because all-hiragana sentences are actually hell to read in qq (i thought pokemon games would be easy oml) I get that it's harder for some people though. kanji is basically memorizing 100000 pictures (but they are made up of similar smaller pics so uh, might/might not help)

good luck!!! ;v;b 
Thankies ;-; For as long as I remember, I was made to believe Kanji was the hardest to learn haha. 
But I will by start getting a grasp on that.