sister ghoulearned bits
offlinecurrently
sister ghoul
Part of the Furniture
sister ghoul Avatar
they pull the axe out your face and say "was it the boogeyman?"
specthare Avatar
Dec 24, 2023 18:45:29 GMT @specthare said:
Humanity experiences a decline in civilization after the occurrence of a mysterious “climate anomaly”. With the death toll steadily increasing by the day and high morale becoming nonexistent, humanity forges their last chance at hope; “Elpida”. Elpida is a virtual world meant to protect the last slivers of humanity. A vibrant world of everything one can imagine, a place to escape from reality, to free the mind. However, the line between fantasy and reality begins to blur the longer one is exposed to what Elpida has to offer.

Pull this from my list of ideas and I felt this one was the most unique. The virtual side would be mostly sandbox-y, while the real world would be post apocalyptic; so it feels like where you want to be vs a place you want to be at as little as possible. Things that inspired this idea Bloodborne, Snowbreak, Snowpiercer. :V and if u wondering yea this is for an 'au-ish' canons/oc idea.
Never seen or played any of these things but yes pls!

aliasfee-fee
pronounsshe/her
31written posts
❝ coffee & teaearned bits
offlinecurrently
❝ coffee & tea
❝ coffee & tea Avatar
i really want a magical girl / magical boy site. I would say something like tokyo mew mew, sailor moon, or maybe even the lesser known shugo chara and pretear, since I love the powers, themes, and elements of these series -- even puella madoka, especially with its witches, is great. I've been really considering making an original magical girl/boy rp based in either New York or Tokyo, because those seem the most diverse to me and the easiest setting(s) to construct. As far as whether or not the magical characters will be reincarnations or not really depends on the setting and how I feel -- part of me really wants to do like either reincarnations of Japanese gods (for Tokyo) or the Greek pantheon (for New York), but even that seems a little cliche. I think the hardest part would be trying to find an "outfit" or a couple things on the magical girl/boy apparel that would "tie" the characters together, and make them aware of each other and what they are, and in forming a team (like sailor senshi having sailor collars and tiaras, the mew mews having mew chokers with pendants, etc.)

I feel like fandoms like sailor moon have become over-done, but I still love the idea of characters being approached by a small entity or person, being told they're destined to defend something, and coming into their powers and learning about an evil that is terrorizing their world. Alternatively, the "evil" is, while generally *can be* monsters and youma and intrigue, and ofc that could be part of it -- but, I always like to think there is a small group of people pulling the strings, maybe creating the monsters, for some grander purpose, and players applying for these villains would be encouraged, too.

It would just take some serious world-building, brain-storming, and planning, and I'd rather see if anyone would be interested in this concept before starting to work on it.
last edit on Jan 6, 2024 12:22:23 GMT by ❝ coffee & tea
61written posts
erbalearned bits
offlinecurrently
erbal
erbal Avatar
currently working on another site idea, but also thought it would be cool if there was a warhammer 40k site (maybe one based around some sort of isolated incident in the warp or in the dark side of the universe so it could involve canon elements without trying to change lore) I just loved the named character aspect of 40k and would love to have a bunch of characters from commissars to chapter masters, Sisters of Battles, and so on. That way it also doesn't have to try and fit epic scale battles into every post and there can be plenty of isolated character story too.

If someone would wanna do it I'd be willing to help with management, writing, and ideas.

(P.S I know of Return of Hope not a huge fan of the site's premise/execution. No judgement they've done alot of great work)
the narrative
aliasCel, Nightlock
pronounsShe/They
709written posts
CELearned bits
offlinecurrently
CEL
Part of the Furniture
CEL Avatar
mankind, be vigilant; we loved you.
ricochet Avatar
a modern-era site for greek gods? been playing a lot of hades and fields of asphodel and i have inspiration lol
hi. i love u. ever since i played stray gods ive been wanting to see a site with a similar concept

coming soon.
aliasrico, holly
pronounsshe/her, they/them
85written posts
ricochetearned bits
offlinecurrently
ricochet
ricochet Avatar
you say, "how can you love me this way?" i say, "it's easy but i can't explain"
CEL Avatar
hi. i love u. ever since i played stray gods ive been wanting to see a site with a similar concept
IVE BEEN THINKING ABOUT IT SO HARD TBH... an inch away from actually making a site
28written posts
geminiearned bits
offlinecurrently
gemini
gemini Avatar
★BUNNY★ Avatar
hotaryu Avatar
the KHR dub announcement fuels my desire to make a KHR site,
Wait...stop my life...what?! 

This bunny has the urge for such a RP and also to know more about this! 0_0

Please let me know if y'all make one. I started but fell through hitmanreborn.freeforums.net/
pronounsHe/Him
15written posts
Hakureiearned bits
offlinecurrently
Hakurei
Hakurei Avatar
hotaryu Avatar
the KHR dub announcement fuels my desire to make a KHR site,

★BUNNY★ Avatar
Wait...stop my life...what?! 

This bunny has the urge for such a RP and also to know more about this! 0_0

gemini Avatar
Please let me know if y'all make one. I started but fell through hitmanreborn.freeforums.net/

Watching Kamonohashi Ron no Kindan Suiri I could not help but think about an AU where BLUE (the unrealistic super detective-school) finds out about the Shinu Ki no Honoo and decides to start an all out secret war with the Mafia, to remove their rings an special weapons (they use it to commit crimes after all and are way beyond the limits of normal authorities). I would love to develop plot and specially systems for such a site.
last edit on Jan 19, 2024 10:27:33 GMT by Hakurei
local boogeyman
aliasbex, jeepers cats
pronounsshe/any
732written posts
sister ghoulearned bits
offlinecurrently
sister ghoul
Part of the Furniture
sister ghoul Avatar
they pull the axe out your face and say "was it the boogeyman?"
ideas for a zombie apoc rp:
- starts with the outbreak, but progresses in real time and will go from "initial outbreak survival horror" to "trying to rebuild society survival horror"
- member groups based on combat or survival styles (ie classes like berserker, support, scav, etc)
- staff run "horde" account that can drop into threads at random
- possibly member made colonies/groups?
- a lowkey perk system (but no stats bc i refuse to have to roll dice for everything)
- possibly a bounty system

aliasexe
pronounsthey/them
6written posts
zefinnianearned bits
offlinecurrently
zefinnian
zefinnian Avatar
quick interest check for a survival roleplay? 

thinking of setting the events of in arc style chapters? for example.

chapter / arc one =  the first victim via the illness that's been going around, setting off a chain reaction

chapter / arc two = first zombie is spotted , detained and eliminated 

chapter / arc three =  the zombies are piling up and the town is thrown into chaos

and then so on from there. I'm thinking survivor groups start forming, I'm thinking bounties and quests (i.e. obtaining supplies from a zombie infected hospital),  npc zombies popping into threads, fate system, etc. Would anyone be interest in something like this? The skin will be done next week 
last edit on Jan 29, 2024 20:40:17 GMT by zefinnian
the chalk prince
aliasrook
pronounsthey / them
927written posts
citrinitasearned bits
offlinecurrently
citrinitas
Part of the Furniture
citrinitas Avatar
i still fall for you like suns do for skies.
zefinnian Avatar
quick interest check for a survival roleplay?

thinking of setting the events of in arc style chapters? for example.

chapter / arc one = the first victim via the illness that's been going around, setting off a chain reaction

chapter / arc two = first zombie is spotted , detained and eliminated 

chapter / arc three = the zombies are piling up and the town is thrown into chaos

and then so on from there. I'm thinking survivor groups start forming, I'm thinking bounties and quests (i.e. obtaining supplies from a zombie infected hospital), npc zombies popping into threads, fate system, etc. Would anyone be interest in something like this? The skin will be done next week
this is a really cool idea and, if planned carefully, it could be executed wonderfully. a roleplay with a set goal, a pre-determined "structure" is actually a fun idea to consider. especially since we're all too caught up in the idea of telling our stories and molding the overarching story to match the ones we want to tell. being given a direction and being told, "this will happen. you get to decide how to react to it, but it will still happen regardless." is fun to consider. like we're all actors in a slightly impromptu play. having a script but being able to ad-lib certain sections.

interesting!