87written posts
ricochetearned bits
offlinecurrently
ricochet
ricochet Avatar
you say, "how can you love me this way?" i say, "it's easy but i can't explain"
Desmond Miles Avatar
noire Avatar
You wait outside the laboratory doors with all the other single-kids-of-single-moms, eager to put on the Sorting Tuque for your 10th birthday -- even though you are in fact a 26 year-old priest/assassin. No one seems to mind. The Sorting Tuque peeps into your head, a soft beat you can't quite place, and then: the last earworm lyric you've been unable to complete is blurted out loud, where the Mad Professor lost in a myriad of wires and machinery writes harried notes as silhouetted by the crackling thunder outside. It is midday, and there are no clouds in sight. The Mad Professor excitedly proclaims, takes the tuque back from you, and holds up a card - etched embers for some, a droplet of water for others - and hands you a crossbreed of some kind of turtle-rabbit thing you think you saw on Avatar or Don't Starve once.

"w"- you begin, before the Mad Professor shushes you with a gentle finger to your lips.

"Daylight's fading," they say, pointing to where an open grass road would be if you weren't inside with walls in the way. "Sora is the first gym leader, and Zhongli's waiting for you at the Elite Four. The zubat horde strikes at midnight." They usher you out the laboratory with a mountain of miniaturized pokeballs that are somehow the most sensible part of this day.
ok but i think i would actually rp this so like, someone get on this lmao
i mean like the whole concept could be interesting bc you could be assigned a pokemon from your personality or history?? idk that's all i got for right now but maybe more later lmao
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
ricochet Avatar
Desmond Miles Avatar
ok but i think i would actually rp this so like, someone get on this lmao
i mean like the whole concept could be interesting bc you could be assigned a pokemon from your personality or history?? idk that's all i got for right now but maybe more later lmao
I really like this

adding to it --

Maybe given certain "moves" or "powers" the pokemon has, too??
aliaslance
pronounshe/him
66written posts
lancelotearned bits
offlinecurrently
lancelot
lancelot Avatar
i (try to) draw
okay so i can't stop thinking about a pokemon legends x conquest RP where there's a little bit of world building aspect and feudal wars, and the location's not just sinnoh/hisui. characters have classes and roles they need to fulfill in their society. we will create plots specifically delving in natural wonders in the pokemon world like formation of the sootopolis crater and maybe the construction of the sky pillar or speculate events like wars between regions, say kanto v johto (??). how pokemon league and gym challenges came to be, as well as discovery of poketech like pokeballs and potions and stuff. maybe free mews for everyone (im kidding).
pronounsThey/Them
547written posts
Ludoearned bits
onlinecurrently
Ludo
Part of the Furniture
Ludo Avatar
Borderlands RP set quite a ways into the future where most of the canons are mostly legends? Would have pretty much all the CEO positions at companies open, as well as other smaller groups, playing with the idea that Maliwan is up to something after they made their way to Nekrotafeyo, but a lot of the plot will come from what moves the people playing the CEOs want to make, would be illustrated or 3D faces, with original art or going without as an option?

Technically this is already in the works, but I was eager to kind of gauge interest in a Borderlands Rp focusing only on OCs!
aliasnightbloom, bloom
pronounsShe/Her
698written posts
peachearned bits
offlinecurrently
peach
Part of the Furniture
peach Avatar
so it goes.
Monster Hunter RP where you can tame/ride monsters or just hunt 'em and research 'em. A group of poachers starts to disobey the Hunter's Guild and kills for fun/sport. Light/no stats.

I just want to tame a paolumu and take naps on it ok

(I may or may not have a site in the works already just verrrry very casually working on it)
pronounshe/him
789written posts
illidan mainearned bits
offlinecurrently
illidan main
Part of the Furniture
illidan main Avatar
debating a laid-back canon Pern site with no accepting list (members can bring in 1 gold and it doesn't affect what you can Impress), soft gender Impression (i.e. it's an IC expectation but dragons OOCly have no preference), room for LGBT characters, and possibly member-run clutches of 2-6 (ICly the queens clutch more but PC eggs will be noted).

possibly multiple locations as well. just kinda exploring shit in a canon pern with a bit of darkness but otherwise just kinda exists.

avatar and hover by phobic art, commissioned for me
pronounsShe/Her/Hers
21written posts
azeearned bits
offlinecurrently
aze
aze Avatar
all this playing dying light 2 stay human, far out 4, and cyberpunk 2077 is tempting me to create an apocalyptic rp sprinkled in with future fantasy ngl. but instead of zombies, there'd be mythical monsters to fight. like, a natural disaster hits the country that caused a supernatural phenomenon: some people that survived were given powers that're either a blessing or curse, the small percentage of people that survived have morphed into vicious monsters who feed off of despair and other negative emotions, and shitty megacorporations seizing the opportunity to make themselves look good. characters with powers are seen as a threat to the general public and must be exterminate, whilst these megacorporations see them as weapons of war that must be leashed at all times.

overall it'd be a fun mess to make and play out imo.
pronounsThey/Them
547written posts
Ludoearned bits
onlinecurrently
Ludo
Part of the Furniture
Ludo Avatar
I'm this close to putting together a Guardians of Ga'hoole inspired site, I say inspired because I've only seen the movie and haven't been able to pick up the books yet, it'd probably be a loose combination of Ga'Hoole and Warriors, I started taking notes and everything, I just re-watched the movie and the setting is so fun...Relatively civilized tool using owls...
26written posts
veeearned bits
offlinecurrently
vee
vee Avatar
aze Avatar
all this playing dying light 2 stay human, far out 4, and cyberpunk 2077 is tempting me to create an apocalyptic rp sprinkled in with future fantasy ngl. but instead of zombies, there'd be mythical monsters to fight. like, a natural disaster hits the country that caused a supernatural phenomenon: some people that survived were given powers that're either a blessing or curse, the small percentage of people that survived have morphed into vicious monsters who feed off of despair and other negative emotions, and shitty megacorporations seizing the opportunity to make themselves look good. characters with powers are seen as a threat to the general public and must be exterminate, whilst these megacorporations see them as weapons of war that must be leashed at all times.

overall it'd be a fun mess to make and play out imo.
I like this a lot! I've been playing games like Punishing Gray Raven, NieR:Automata™ etc and your blurb also reminded me of some of my fave movies/show like Ghost in the Shell, Princess Mononoke, Origins: Spirits of the Past and I'm here for it. 
aliasrico, holly
pronounsshe/her, they/them
87written posts
ricochetearned bits
offlinecurrently
ricochet
ricochet Avatar
you say, "how can you love me this way?" i say, "it's easy but i can't explain"
seriously considering starting an animanga pacific rim rp because i have. a mighty need.

EDIT: so yeah this is currently in production!
last edit on Mar 1, 2022 17:20:33 GMT by ricochet
pronounshe/him
789written posts
illidan mainearned bits
offlinecurrently
illidan main
Part of the Furniture
illidan main Avatar
illidan main Avatar
debating a laid-back canon Pern site with no accepting list (members can bring in 1 gold and it doesn't affect what you can Impress), soft gender Impression (i.e. it's an IC expectation but dragons OOCly have no preference), room for LGBT characters, and possibly member-run clutches of 2-6 (ICly the queens clutch more but PC eggs will be noted).

possibly multiple locations as well. just kinda exploring shit in a canon pern with a bit of darkness but otherwise just kinda exists.
so i'm kinda doing this

it's hard to say if it's canon or AU or semi-canon or noncanon tho since like. I'm sticking to only the canon 5 colors + whites, but i'm throwing out gender Impression (it'll be considered "soft canon" but there's lore behind why even Pern's no longer doing gender Impression and how it's actually never been a hard and fast rule). there will be mutations (such as dragons without wings, golds that can flame, etc) and some are innate to dragons and whers and flits (mostly like... if you want a black dragon, that's fine, melanism is a thing that occurs in the species, so your black dragon is just a bronze with too much pigment in his hide). the concept is that pern's gotten in contact with the galaxy at large, and it'll be focusing on a research colony around the ethics of how the dragons were engineered. the idea is, at the time, what Kitti Ping did was legal (and in the context of Pern, as pernese characters can point out, kinda understandable). now it's considered a crime by the galactic federation, and the dragon bonds are legally considered "enslavement by genetic design." the research colony is gonna try to reverse that engineering so dragons can be citizens of the federation. things they want to reverse are greens being infertile by design, dragons having very poor memory, and dragons being required to bond to humans and dying if they don't bond.

just. really leaning into the scifi aspects of the setting, and how the horrible war that led to Pern's creation also impacted the rest of the galaxy.
last edit on Mar 1, 2022 21:06:07 GMT by illidan main

avatar and hover by phobic art, commissioned for me
26written posts
veeearned bits
offlinecurrently
vee
vee Avatar
ok back with a more developed idea-

a dark low/medium science fantasy rp, with an apocalyptic/future setting. inspired by works like princess mononoke, origin spirits of the past, darling in the franxx, wolfs rain etc. event / character progression based, the main plot point would be finding “paradise” a safe haven from the dark & rogue technology & wildlife that now rule the planet, genetic experiments, factions etc. the world is not what it once was, technology and human hubris have destroyed everything, in an effort to reverse climate change a science experiment gone wrong has changed nature beyond recognition and awakened the wrath of Mother Nature, while the technology humanity created to help them has also become corrupted and anatognistic. etc etc, that’s the basic gist / premise, but can easily be tweaked later… just wanted to get a feel out for interest before making a full & detailed interest check