pronouns*shrugs*
177written posts
«Fr¤§t¥»earned bits
offlinecurrently
«Fr¤§t¥»
«Fr¤§t¥» Avatar
On my Devil May Cry shtick again
So I did a thing; A backstory.
So I got really bored one night and decided to make a custom species write up. Mostly because I was kind of tired of not having a simple reference sheet for this one custom "species" I typically play for my characters.

I then got a wild hair up my bum and decided. What if I just coded it? This way I had a way of making it look ⋆。°✩
Aesthetic⋆。°✩ and not just a giant wall of text with a few headers.

Long story short, made a layout that looked really but forgot my screens are massive so on smaller screens it looked awful and it wasn't responsive. Longer story short, I restarted, watched some videos and came up with this:

Link to write up

Would like some opinions, but also just kind of wanted to show off a bit. <3
mizo.
224written posts
travellerearned bits
offlinecurrently
traveller
traveller Avatar
Using 2560x1440 with a curved screen display.

Appreciate the background on the text, which makes it easier to read and holds back the halation effect I often experience when reading light text on a dark background.

I think the upper-right content warning doesn't quite work. For one, it is too busy with the gradient, lots of "yang" energy there when the rest is pretty "yin", so it stands out. But also, it takes up real estate while relegating the actual information we'll be engaging with the longest there to a relatively small block in the lower-right.

People's reading order in the west is top-left, top-right, bottom-left, bottom-right, so this places Species Lore as the least important/last thing we read, in an uncomfortable position where we are focused on one quarter of the screen.

The design elements themselves are nice and reminiscent of screens in SNES games. I like the placement of images, but wish there were a few more towards the end of the text; it's kinda top-heavy right now.

Hope that helps.
last edit on May 21, 2024 9:35:34 GMT by traveller
"Someone's got to die today and you have got the final say. You? Or your crew?"
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW