[ic] turpentine.

aliasSel, sella!
pronounsAny!
31written posts
capsellaearned bits
offlinecurrently
capsella
capsella Avatar
a graphic for the 'turpentine' interest check, consisting of a sepia-tinted print.

TURPENTINE.

since the great war, we'd lost all hope. a single city, standing alone amongst rubble and ruin, blood staining our palms and fog clouding our eyes.

we'd resigned all our wishes for a brighter future, given into the darkness, forever.

one day, that all changed.

when the radio turned on, in every house and every home, to the words of our saviors. a mysterious, soothing presence, which brought color back to the skies, a single flame amidst our chests.

we received a new purpose. to prove ourselves useful, to shine with a radiance they'll approve of, to garner approval, fame, splendor.

we all know the price, after all, for dulling that starlight.

author's notes that immediately make this ic way less cool because i ramble: original, messier interest check is linked here. this is my first time hosting a forum since my webs.com days, and is a pet project i'm currently working on completely solo. if you're interested in helping out, feel free to send a friend request to @capsellas on discord, but i may be a little slow (bones are creaking)!!

the current vision's a dystopian dieselpunk-esque (it's being workshopped,) rp set in an environment inspired by mid-to-late 20th century eastern europe, ruled by two mysterious radio hosts running a cult of personality. membergroups and factions based on colors and art concepts- the two claim to be bringing color and life back to the city, but what happens to the unlucky few who don't shine underneath their spotlight...?
last edit on May 30, 2024 20:32:56 GMT by capsella
I'm @capsellas on discord! Feel free to reach out of you need anything.
aliasSel, sella!
pronounsAny!
31written posts
capsellaearned bits
offlinecurrently
capsella
capsella Avatar
patch notes 0.00001 (I'm mostly just spitballing, and like keeping people updated! Feel free to read if you like rambling.)

Setting up a simple, optional (would be used in smaller 'job/bounty' type threads, as well as heavily plot-intensive) stat system; a point-buy based loosely around DND stats (modified for the setting, think Kids on Bikes' brains, brawn, fight, flight, charm and grit), which would give certain flat bonuses to rolls surrounding a specific character aspect. Shouldn't be game-breaking, but gives you the option to let people know what your character's good at right away.

✿ Working on site scope. This is intended to be a site for 1-2 characters per person, at least to begin with! I'm a dog-ass (by my own admission) coder, but I'm looking into making a small chibi and/or pixel skeleton to try and provide some small art assets for everyone's characters. (for the sake of utility (could put so many of these little guys on a site map) and for fun (making tierlist memes with everyone's ocs is truly some of the most fun I've had on Discord rp ever)). I'll try and provide some update pictures within a little bit!

✿ Writing out and including some explanations/guides for beginners to forum rp! This a project largely to help some Discord RP friends come jump into the forum sphere with me, so the aim is to try and bridge that gap in the RPC! I'll likely be keeping wanted ads and plotters/plotting threads on Discord, with the meat of the rp happening onsite.

✿ Baby Sims will no longer become stuck on a Sim's hand while driving a car.

✿ Working on NPC intros and some fun ways to get people familiar with the few non-playable characters that'd be well-known on the site! Our two hosts are already solidified; your brazen daytime host, and your darling nighttime host!
aliasSel, sella!
pronounsAny!
31written posts
capsellaearned bits
offlinecurrently
capsella
capsella Avatar
patch notes 0.00002 (I'm still alive! Consider this a... bi-weekly update? It's not that much!)

I think we should get rid of the five day workweek.

SIX STATS: SNEAK (evasion/dexterity), SWAY (charisma), SMASH (raw strength), SNOOP (investigation/perception on the go), SMARTS (intelligence/the raw facts), and STOCK (constitution/resilience). Characters begin with twelve points, and can place them anywhere they'd like, with the option of going into the negative for one stat to give an optional point to a different one. These points won't be gained as the site goes on, in order to accommodate new players, but can be re-specced in the wake of character development.

These will be used as modifiers in dice rolls surrounding jobs/missions and potential plot advancements! They shouldn't be the focus of the game, but should allow people to express and highlight their characters' strengths.

✿ Art's still a work-in-progress- I've been a little busy! Chief, I still think we should get rid of the five day workweek. The plan for the board itself is to largely utilize graphics from the public domain, this largely being art pulled from museums (and private collections)! It might look a bit out-of-place within animanga RP, but I'm pretty enthusiastic about it! I'm drawing something up myself re: NPCs, so that might be a little further in the future.

✿ Working on factionsCrime, including organized crime, definitely exists, and although having been driven underground as a result of the city's 'restoration', continues to sink their teeth into every facet of society. While 'true' revolutionaries lurk within the corners of crowded coffee shops, fresh university students and grizzled war veterans alike waiting to upend the status quo with bated breaths, most organized crime seems fairly complicit in taking advantage of change in leadership- for their own gain, of course.

✿ Minor setting edits. We've gotta learn how to write something other people can parse.

✿ Membergroups are in progress! I almost sorted people by art supply stores, but I feel like naming a membergroup 'Joann's Fabrics' is copyright central.

the narrative
aliasCel, Nightlock
pronounsShe/They
745written posts
CELearned bits
offlinecurrently
CEL
Part of the Furniture
CEL Avatar
mankind, be vigilant; we loved you.
fixing the baby sims bug is so important to me actually, but does the "skinny dip with mummy" wish still come up?

in all seriousness though, in love with this concept. avidly anticipating!

coming soon.