pronouns*shrugs*
177written posts
«Fr¤§t¥»earned bits
offlinecurrently
«Fr¤§t¥»
«Fr¤§t¥» Avatar
On my Devil May Cry shtick again
Sunset approaches, tonight will be ours
At the moment this is a place holder post. I'm tired and need sleeps. But there will be something here tomorrow. Promise. <3

Uuuuuh coming soon....ish....tm
mizo.
last edit on Jun 9, 2024 16:18:24 GMT by «Fr¤§t¥»
aliasFrosty
pronouns*shrugs*
177written posts
«Fr¤§t¥»earned bits
offlinecurrently
«Fr¤§t¥»
«Fr¤§t¥» Avatar
On my Devil May Cry shtick again

Louder than God's revolver and twice as shiny.

The future is bulletproof, the aftermath is secondary.
Secrets are things that we bury, in depths so shallow.

Concept/Premise: Welcome to Aurora Bay, Florida, a city with two completely different vibes between day and night. Known for it's historical architecture, it's bustling tourism, amazing festivals and parades by day, and it's wild night life, club scene by night. Aurora Bay may have outgrown it's roots as a shipping harbor but that hasn't stopped it from drawing in all manner of citizen. Creep and Creature alike.

Aurora is probably most well known as the main hub for becoming anyone and anything for anyone in the know of the secrets that lurk in the shadows. All manner of types blowing in from all over looking to stake a claim in the city's underworld and carve their name in to the bed rock of the city. From crime organizations to clans of creatures and even elder magical families, everyone is looking to seize power in the city through fame, fear, or money.

Genre(s): Mystery, Political, Slice of Life(Elements of it), Urban Fantasy, Modern Supernatural, Semi-Sand Box.

Setting: Aurora Bay is a fictionalized city based off of my home town of Tampa Florida. Specifically the main downtown area which consists of Downtown Tampa(Aurora), Channel Side(Riverside), Bayshore(Westbay), and Ybor City(Yorba City). With potential to expand to some of the more outer regions and across the bay into a secondary location that will be a fictionalized version of St. Pete, Clearwater, and Largo.

The Deets:

- Light Lore

So like, I just want to RP so it's going to be really light lore. In fact 90% of the lore is going to be revolving around the city's history and set pieces. Creature / Species lore is going to be like barebones to allow people to make their own variations of like say vampires, or humans with powers, or mage, or mystical creature, or whatever they decide to play.

- Easy/Minimalist Profiles

Profiles are going to be handled with a hybrid style of traditional and profile app. The profile will hold all the basic character deets, stuff like Age, birthday, relationship status, etc. While the traditional app that's posted on the site is going to be super barebones and is just to get the character's general information. Things like a simple summary, maybe vibes, aesthetics, that kind of stuff. Just something that can be knocked out super fast so you can start Roleplaying as soon as possible. For people who want to add more detail to their characters there will be Dev, shipping, and plotting boards available to use on the site.

- Playable Species

Pretty much anything is up for grabs, (Disclaimer)With the exception of Gods/elder gods Eldritch Horrors Cosmic entities/horrors

- Site plots / Events

So there's not really going to be an overarching site plot. Because A.) that never seems to work for me. And B.) I want to allow people the chance to come in and shape the direction of the site through their RP. However what I will have set up as an option in the site store where people can spend points to have their plot or event be featured for a few months or until it's concluded.

Otherwise, a lot of events are going to be based on events, festivals, or block parties that take place in Tampa typically. So things like A fictionalized Gasparilla Parade (Think Pirate Mardigras), Block parties in Yorba(Ybor) like Pride and Guavaween(Happens during Halloween huge costume block party in Ybor). As well as small things.

Other Things to know

So I haven't figured out whether all the fun stuff (supernatural creatures, mystical beings, aberrant, etc.) are hidden or out in the open yet. Probably not going to go the out in the open route right from the start and let that be a decision that's determined through the players roleplaying in the setting.

The platform is going to be Jcink Site rating is going to start off 3L / 2S / 3V with hopes that once we get more of an active member base and I get a job or some form of steady income I can get premium for the site and we can up the rating to 3L / 3S / 3V. Regardless of the site rating though the site is going to be rated for 18+ though. (I mean, does anyone under the age of 25 even still use forums to RP on?)

Release Date

So I don't really have a fully solidified release date planned? I'm using a premade skin so most of it is just a few front end things(Setting up a site store, connecting links on the site, etc) writing up the guidebook, plugging in templates, and writing up other things. I'll try and give updates here as I go but I'm nearly finished with the cosmetic / front end side of things for the most part.

mizo.
last edit on Jun 9, 2024 15:47:28 GMT by «Fr¤§t¥»