191written posts
hellsyearned bits
offlinecurrently
hellsy
hellsy Avatar
Why do we sleep where we want to hide?
locke Avatar
Fantasy themed site? Dark fantasy themed??? *insert eye emojis*

Also wanted to say I recognize the graphic's from The Dark Lord's Confession, which has an art style I LOVE. Good freakin choice
The art style really caught my attention and I spent 45 digging through the internet for the source so I could use it and proper credit on site LOL. I've added it to my list of things I plan to start reading this weekend. 

I play fast and loose with genre titles, but I'd say fantasy with potential for darker elements - modern-adjacent time frame. I'll be dropping little bits of information here and there as I work out a day where I want to launch. 

last edit on Sept 9, 2024 15:44:33 GMT by hellsy
pronounsAny.
191written posts
hellsyearned bits
offlinecurrently
hellsy
hellsy Avatar
user groups & factions
Dirge of Memoria houses three member groups with two major factions at play. The break down of member groups begins with those who does not possess a contract. The final two user groups are made up of the contracted, separated by the means of obtaining their contract.

Civilians are the average person within the setting and make up the majority of Memoria’s population. Typically born without the blessing of sight, they cannot perceive the threat that looms within this land. They have relied on the guidance and protection of the Aureveil for centuries.

The
Aureveil is the familiar, centuries established organization that has long stood as leaders and protectors of the citizens of Memoria. A legacy of heroes born with the blessing of sight, offering them invitation to participate in the guarded ritual to form contracts for magic. They existed as the only individuals capable of fighting back against the Anathema, a final bastion of Memoria’s salvation.

Well, until fifteen years ago when the Nightweaver appeared. Since that fateful night, there has been an uptick in Anathema activity, but perhaps more troubling is the existence of those marked with the binds of a contract who were previously thought to be sightless –
a reality that have once thought to be impossible. They are known as the Scorched and their strain upon the barrier is considered by many as a harbinger of darker times to come.
mizo.

pronounsAny.
191written posts
hellsyearned bits
offlinecurrently
hellsy
hellsy Avatar
Update
Dirge of Memoria  will have an overarching plot where staff will introduce larger storytelling elements periodically for the userbase to partake in. Interwoven among those larger events with will be smaller objectives or silly fun that can fall into the backdrop of the wider world for story, along with the downtime necessary for the time to explore and progress your own personal stories. I will valiantly attempt to balance story telling, and giving y'all a second to BREATHE. 

Taking part in the site plots is not mandatory  and there are no leadership faction roles that would require participation. That being said, the story events will influence the wider world at different intervals and failure is still a point for narrative movement.

I will be opening the discord at some point this weekend, likely Sunday. I will drop the discord link in my next update. Site launch is scheduled for the end of next week. 

I'm Hyped.
mizo.

last edit on Sept 19, 2024 1:12:29 GMT by hellsy