HERO ACADEMY!

53written posts
Silky!earned bits
offlinecurrently
Silky!
Silky! Avatar
BOKU NO HERO ACADEMIA, if you aren't familiar with it, takes place in a world where superpowers or "quirks" are commonplace. Superhero'ing is an everyday occupation and are the most famed and sought after individuals. If you need more info on the world of Hero Academia, I can drop links, but here's my idea --

What I want to do is introduce a non-canon Hero Academia site that brings focus to the actual school aspect of the animanga. Individuals will be able to make students with varying talents and abilities to basically follow along the path to becoming heroes. There will be a few playable professional hero roles as well as some teacher roles that will guide the students in rp. 

I want to keep things at a freeform aspect when it comes to progression and story, so upgrading characters & getting gear could either be done completely on screen or bought. Which would you guys prefer - totally freeform progression, stats, experience, etc?

What are your thoughts and ideas concerning My Hero Academia - I'd like to consider some feedback on things people are looking for on the series before throwing my guides in stone.
last edit on Jul 25, 2018 0:22:51 GMT by Silky!
pronounsHe | Him
13written posts
Swanearned bits
offlinecurrently
Swan
Swan Avatar
I saw this in that quick interest check and I love anything superhero/superpower related and I just so happen to love BNHA. I’m all for a stat/experience progression since I love tangible things. Show me what I worked for and how far I’ve progressed and all that. Though I am not completely caught up (I’m post Overhaul fight) I think that you can play pretty fast and loose with the rules since you know it’s BNHA.
pronounsidc
62written posts
newyorkearned bits
offlinecurrently
newyork
newyork Avatar
i am obsessed with BNHA. my favourite kind of roleplay experience is a beautiful meld of mechanics along with freeform roleplaying. it's really nice having stuff to work up towards, but nice to not have to worry too much about it being mechanic heavy driven that any progress has to be bought. i really prefer knowing that growth in the character is plot driven.

there was a site that i went to that i loved the tier system of power levels. each tier described the increment of power levels that a character was capable of doing, and allowed for people to kind of use their imagination in terms of how to stay within those limits, but still trying to push their character to make it towards the next level. i wouldn't mind helping if you ever need some.
53written posts
Silky!earned bits
offlinecurrently
Silky!
Silky! Avatar

Hey guys, wanting to get a little feedback on my ideas on restructuring the schools. Let me know watcha think!
UA RESTRUCTURING

Teacher positions are claimable roles that will have a major impact on RP. Rather than separating classes by role (hero, support, gen ed), classes will be a mix of the three and determined by character acceptance. To keep the classes equal in number and hopefully activity, each accepted character will be moved to a class in order (character 1 gets accepted and moved to class 1, character 2 gets class 2, character 3 class 3, etc). If any members from classes go inactive, class seats will be made available and will be filled with new characters until classes get equal.

Lessons: Since this is a school based rp, lessons are the equivalent to missions. Lessons will help progress your character along as well as divvy out awards & rewards. Teachers can create these lessons for their classes, select students, select roles, or even multiple classes. Teachers will be given a large role on the site so it’s important for them to be active & conduct a lesson every now and then. In the event there are no teachers or teachers go inactive, staff would npc substitute teachers to fill in.

GOING TO THE NEXT GRADE: so this is where things get tricky imo, but not completely difficult. What I’m thinking of kind of changes the class dynamic, but not by much. To go from one grade to the next, we’ll conduct exams similar to how Naruto does Chunin exams. Students will have to have taken and completed a certain number of lessons and ranked up to a certain rank before taking part in the exams. They’re on an individual basis as opposed to a full class, so if one meets the requirements, they may partake. If the student succeeds in going to the next grade either A: we’ll open up a new teacher slot for the year 2 students, B: idk what else, give me your ideas.
last edit on Jul 28, 2018 23:45:15 GMT by Silky!
pronounsidc
62written posts
newyorkearned bits
offlinecurrently
newyork
newyork Avatar
CLASSES: i just thought it would be super cool if that the application kind of had like an exam thing. nothing terribly intense, but something that would dictate which class that they're entered into. and then going along with how you were explaining that once a class fills up then they get put into the next class. and once a spot is open, either through an event like the sport festival or from inactivity, we can bump some people up to class 1-A and whatnot. that would be really cool.

LESSONS: and i really like the idea of lessons being kind of like missions. that would be super cool and a fun, easy way to do things. maybe even doing kind of a roulette of who is paired up with who, so that there is always a variety in characters to interact. and sometimes depending on character progress, they can be paired up to help them grow. like when they did that one test with pairing the two people with the same weaknesses or something like that to see how well they overcome the challenge.

GOING TO THE NEXT GRADE: i'm a little hesitant on the idea of quick progression and people graduating above other people depending on personal skill. really, there's nothing more beautiful on a site that is all about unity and progression when everybody progresses together as opposed to those who just over excel and leave other people behind. if a change of grade was to ever happen, i would imagine it'd have to be MONTHS ahead. like waaay months months, otherwise the plot and feeling of the site feels far to fast paced. then you have to worry about different classes and then those who graduate? you have to worry about doing two separate groups and trying to tie them together. UA seems very much a pass or fail kind of school. i very doubt they would keep first years who can't even graduate to the second year.

i'm also very much a lover of limits. that people can only progress so far before they're stopped until the next event allows them to progress further. that helps to create character motivation and not make everyone feel like they have to RUSH to get super high leveled power. cause like....come on....they're first years.

pronounsHe | Him
13written posts
Swanearned bits
offlinecurrently
Swan
Swan Avatar
I do love the ideas you have going on about teachers and classes! I’m all down for it and no other system comes to mind that would make this BNHA Roleplay experience more unique. I agree with York about the whole progression as a whole class since it sorta goes with the theme of BNHA. But with York’s suggestion it raises the question what if someone joined a class late. Does that make it fair that they progress with the class when hey haven’t put in as much effort as another player and all that.
53written posts
Silky!earned bits
offlinecurrently
Silky!
Silky! Avatar

- I love your ideas, there's just a few issues though. would've responded to the discord chat but i'm sooper lazy rn lol

CLASS: So I tried to think of different ways to keep classes together like authentic BNHA, but it's kinda like what said. Roleplayers as a whole can be finicky with time and I'd rather select individuals who are active be able to advance when they've met the requirements as opposed to waiting on each member of the class to meet the requirements. I'm not opposed to filling classes based on an entry exam either on application or after acceptance, but the only issue with that is how people come & go at different times. If we're picking & choosing who goes to what class based on exam results or some other factors, that might make it just a step more difficult to balance out all the classes. And with the actual application having something of an exam, I realize nowadays that roleplayers are getting lazier lol finding folks who are discouraged by anything more than the basics of the app is pretty common.

LESSONS: EVERYTHING YOU SAID IS PRETTY DOPE HERE. I got no issues with any of it tbh! Those ideas can easily be implemented. On a baseline level though, I wanna leave setting lessons and structure up to the teachers to give them that extra bit of power IC. Staff can 1000% do those things you mentioned wherever possible.

NEXT GRADE: So my biggest hangups on going to the next grade as a whole class were kinda touched on in my first block, but I'll follow up. I'm not a major fan of limiting progression for the sake of time, HOWEVER, individuals definitely won't be flying through grades in the same month. There'll for sure be requirements that'd space out progression to the next grade & there may even be SOME time constraints, but I'm not a big fan of waiting on others for my own progression. I was on a site where progression was based mostly on time - you couldn't do much training or progression if RL time didn't match the progression which is one way of doing things, but that also kind of limits creativity and motivation. I think if a member wanted to hash out REAL QUALITY threads and puts forth the actual effort to progress, I see no reason to hold them back. Additionally, if that same member has to wait on other members of their class to meet the progression requirements, it wouldn't be too farfetched for the member to get tired of waiting around and lose interest.

Grading up in my plan definitely won't be quick though. Alot of my ideas are coming from Naruto based organization, so with these gradeup events, think about the Chunin exams. They'd be large scale events that will be conducted every now and then & only when there's a few members who've met the requirements. That way, multiple students will be able to take part in the event and given that they all pass, would serve as the class for the next grade - so in a way, some people will at least stick together in grades.

EDIT: Also, about people not progressing. To keep classes fresh and from individuals from occupying a slot in a class, I had the idea to set a remedial class. So like, staff will host x amount of rank up events - students will have x amount of times to pass or participate in one or they're moved to a remedial class. In that remedial class, a staff member will NPC a teacher and conduct more lessons than a typical teacher so that those in the remedial class have the ability to rank up. This is to keep people from being stagnant and occupying a spot for too long. So if member A is either inactive or active & just not wanting to partake in the events, that character icly will be moved to another class, kinda like summer school.

I'll post my idea for plot here soon, but basically the organization and structure of the school as well as hero agencies would be reworked in a few different ways.
last edit on Aug 1, 2018 21:31:45 GMT by Silky!
pronounsSHE/HER
12written posts
Cloverearned bits
offlinecurrently
Clover
Clover Avatar
So apparently bringing a sword to a food court is illegal now
-slides in- HEY YO HMU WITH THIS GOOOD BNHA STUFF! Honestly I've been looking for a site like this, I love the BNHA world and everything you've written sounds so friggin cool asdfghjkl if you need help with any of it i'd be happy to help too
3,083written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.