Admin Pet-peeves

aliasrags
pronounsthey/them
20written posts
ragsearned bits
offlinecurrently
rags
rags Avatar
remember, my standards are devilishly high!
when members break codes (eg. apps/member directory posts) and it's very obviously broken but they just leave it and don't tell anyone like... please... please let me help you. being asked for help is never annoying but it's incredibly frustrating to stumble across broken posts randomly!!
aliasAsu
pronounsshe/her/hers
384written posts
Asuearned bits
offlinecurrently
Asu
Asu Avatar
With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.
rags Avatar
when members break codes (eg. apps/member directory posts) and it's very obviously broken but they just leave it and don't tell anyone like... please... please let me help you. being asked for help is never annoying but it's incredibly frustrating to stumble across broken posts randomly!!
i thank god every day for you

and i'll try to stop breaking everything i touch
Stardust in me
aliasEm, Dragon
pronounsShe/Her/Hers
772written posts
rabbitearsearned bits
offlinecurrently
rabbitears
Part of the Furniture
rabbitears Avatar
We're motivated by the stars that we're made of
People who don't read the lore. Seriously. It's there for you to read. At least read the guidebook if you're not going to delve into ALL the lore!
Tidal Wave
aliasAkira, Tsunami, Tsu, Blue, Aki, Kazzie
pronounsAny
4,112written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I've got a hurricane in my head, I can't feel a thing, but it's better than dead
I didn't even notice this thread pick back up, but I HAVE MORE! :D

Admin peeve....

I believe I mentioned the whole, writing the lore thing before. I really don't like it. Because it feels like no one reads it anyways.

But like, forgetting the lore too. Ha. Now I have a lore channel on discord so that all my random lore splurges can go there so I won't forget it now.

Also the people that come in, don't ask any questions, ignore all the rules, and just think they can do what they want? Yeah, not about it. Don't come at me with 'your lore is too complicated' when you haven't even tried to read it fam.

And another... Why does everyone insist on coming in and trying to hop on ships right away?? Why don't people get to know the plots and things first before like "oh I wanna make a ship" before even making their character?? Like I get it to an extent, especially on jcink where r18 content exists, but fam, I'm on proboards. We aren't even ship central on our site, we've got like 4 active couples. at best, out of the like... 200 some characters. slow your roll please, we ain't about it. x.x

the chalk prince
aliasecho
pronounsthey / them
917written posts
citrinitasearned bits
offlinecurrently
citrinitas
Part of the Furniture
citrinitas Avatar
i still fall for you like suns do for skies.
my biggest pet peeve is when people will come onto the site and obviously not read any of the lore, yet still go and ask staff questions that are basically answered (especially if we have a f.a.q. and the question is on there!) it really just grinds my gears! also newcomers that come on and start acting as staff of a rp site do this full time, when odds are we have lives outside of rp and are quite dedicated to them.

B-|
Tidal Wave
pronounsAny
4,112written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I've got a hurricane in my head, I can't feel a thing, but it's better than dead
^ Biggest peeve as a staff is related to that.

People that come in and ask all the questions that are easily answered if they just frigging read, and ask everything known to man about the application process, so that you're basically building a character for them. They have no intention of doing anything themselves and expect you to carry them through the whole process. So it is basically like you are making a character for them and telling them how and where to rp and everything coulda been answered if they just read the damn things .-.

The Schediest of All
aliasSche
pronounsShe/her
88written posts
Codingwayearned bits
offlinecurrently
Codingway
Codingway Avatar
She'll tell you a fairy tale, or maybe she'll show your fate....
I agree that there are stuff which can be easily read and don’t even need to be asked. I can get annoyed at that because….It is out there.

On the other hand, I don’t mind if people ask ‘clairification’ questions because it shows they did read what is in the guidebook and just didn’t understand or simply wish to triple check.

So there is honestly a fine line between not reading and asking the obvious.jpeg vs actually reading and wanting clarification.

Tidal Wave
pronounsAny
4,112written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
Clarification questions are just fine but I mean people that are like "soooo... what's the plot?" or like "I'm gonna give my character cat ears but not have animal shifting as one of their abilities." sort of people. lol. But if the question is like "im confused about -this specific- part of the plot" or "i know the setting says it's this, but can you go into more details about what that means" that's all perfect I love questions like that. lol

pronounsShe/Her/Hers
21written posts
azeearned bits
offlinecurrently
aze
aze Avatar
i've only been admin once, but i'd say my biggest peeve would be people going "sorry this is a stupid question-"

nO.

sTOP IT.

there's no such thing as stupid questions in this household. if you don't understand something or need clarification, don't fret. i'm here to help you as much as i can. help me help you.

>:c