phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,235written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
at this, the world's end, do we cast off tomorrow~!
valka Avatar

advertising pet peeve: when i have to input my date of birth to access the advertising board >_>

honestly i just delete the ad lmfao

bottom line is that it's just. inequal advertising and not guest-friendly. if i can't see my ad just by clicking on the thread after i've opened your site, then sorry not sorry fam, but that's not guest-friendly. y'all can advertise on each other's sites. just don't advertise on mine since by default you're gonna get more traffic than i am just for that one reason.

at least my dislike of the whole practice and misbehavior keeps me up to date on linkbacks

pronounsShe/Her
50written posts
JDearned bits
offlinecurrently
JD
JD Avatar
valka Avatar

advertising pet peeve: when i have to input my date of birth to access the advertising board >_>

<iframe width="19.120000000000005" height="3.780000000000001" style="position: absolute; width: 19.120000000000005px; height: 3.780000000000001px; z-index: -9999; border-style: none;left: 15px; top: -5px;" id="MoatPxIOPT0_77785247" scrolling="no"></iframe>
<iframe width="19.120000000000005" height="3.780000000000001" style="position: absolute; width: 19.12px; height: 3.78px; z-index: -9999; border-style: none; left: 900px; top: -5px;" id="MoatPxIOPT0_70351802" scrolling="no"></iframe>
<iframe width="19.120000000000005" height="3.780000000000001" style="position: absolute; width: 19.12px; height: 3.78px; z-index: -9999; border-style: none; left: 15px; top: 129px;" id="MoatPxIOPT0_70764251" scrolling="no"></iframe>
<iframe width="19.120000000000005" height="3.780000000000001" style="position: absolute; width: 19.12px; height: 3.78px; z-index: -9999; border-style: none; left: 900px; top: 129px;" id="MoatPxIOPT0_94304550" scrolling="no"></iframe>
Urgh this.

Or when the captcha code on the site makes me prove I'm human a MILLION TIMES before it believes me.
pronounsyes
257written posts
styrofoam eaterearned bits
offlinecurrently
styrofoam eater
styrofoam eater Avatar
i like the cronch
I recently became the co admin of a stat based combat site. A lot of people want their characters to be as strong as possible, and I get that, but the people who view having strong characters as like a status thing and look down on new members who aren't as strong as them yet are oof. Especially when the same powergaming members throw temper tantrums when things don't go their way. Makes them look incredibly childish.
pronounsShe/Her
50written posts
JDearned bits
offlinecurrently
JD
JD Avatar
styrofoam eater Avatar
I recently became the co admin of a stat based combat site. A lot of people want their characters to be as strong as possible, and I get that, but the people who view having strong characters as like a status thing and look down on new members who aren't as strong as them yet are oof. Especially when the same powergaming members throw temper tantrums when things don't go their way. Makes them look incredibly childish.
That is unfortunately and kinda crappy of them :(

Maybe try and encourage the people who have lower strength by saying (in a jokey way) they are *clearly* the better writers, given that they're writing against an uphill struggle ;) :P

Pet-Peeve: When newcomers don't bother to read the basic info and just ask questions, waiting on staff to answer them. I don't mind this at all, but when they then prompt with an additional ? or tag, it irritates me, because I'm like - if you're that impatient - you could just go read where the info is written.... you know... like everyone else :D lol
pronounsHe/Him/His
1,094written posts
lightearned bits
offlinecurrently
light
Part of the Furniture
light Avatar

when you don't wanna ban or give people warnings, when you just wanna give people a small finger wagging "no!" their way, when you just want everyone to be friends and get along and be respectful toward one another and try making up after a spat. (≖ ︿ ≖ ✿)

forever a stressful mood :AngryPepe:
839written posts
SPIRELEearned bits
offlinecurrently
SPIRELE
Part of the Furniture
SPIRELE Avatar
light Avatar

when you don't wanna ban or give people warnings, when you just wanna give people a small finger wagging "no!" their way, when you just want everyone to be friends and get along and be respectful toward one another and try making up after a spat. (≖ ︿ ≖ ✿)

pronounsHe/Him/His
1,094written posts
lightearned bits
offlinecurrently
light
Part of the Furniture
light Avatar
SPIRELE Avatar
light Avatar

this was me on victory dealin' with everyone, phew boy. glad that's over.

Feline Overlord
aliasChibi
pronounsShe/Her
1,779written posts
Chibi Magicianearned bits
offlinecurrently
Chibi Magician
Spring '21 Dev Completionist
Chibi Magician Avatar
Pure Gremlin Energy
I have one I remember I despised...

When a member decides to make a site vs staff moment to get their way. This one really peeves me as a member or staff since it is a big middle finger to the staff. The staff created this site for your enjoyment and invited people to play alongside them, the least you could do is be polite about their rules, plot, etc. I really despise this because I consider it the most disrespectful behaviour you can give to a site since it puts them at risk of having a toxic community and forces for a something to change that may have been important to their plans or a preference. It is also stressful because a majority of the time, the staff member has to scramble to try and defend their opinion.

ic for a dystopian fantasy role-play
pronounsHe/Him/His
1,094written posts
lightearned bits
offlinecurrently
light
Part of the Furniture
light Avatar
iota Avatar
Chibi Magician Avatar

When a member decides to make a site vs staff moment to get their way. This one really peeves me as a member or staff since it is a big middle finger to the staff. The staff created this site for your enjoyment and invited people to play alongside them, the least you could do is be polite about their rules, plot, etc. I really despise this because I consider it the most disrespectful behaviour you can give to a site since it puts them at risk of having a toxic community and forces for a something to change that may have been important to their plans or a preference. It is also stressful because a majority of the time, the staff member has to scramble to try and defend their opinion.
This ^ Been through it as a staff member a few years back (it ended up killing the site after a year of putting up with it, no joke), and I think I recently witnessed the very end of this scenario as a member but not 100% sure (because I wasn't around furing the "heat" of it). This is going to be a very bold comment (that won't be liked): but I think I would ask that type of player to leave my site even if it means their friends would follow. I'm not about to tolerate a witch hunt in the guise of "democracy" against any of my site's members (and that includes staff).

If one doesn't like a new rule that was implemented, bring it to staff in private. Don't get the whole site involved.

can this...can this be bolded? we're gonna bold this.
Admin Pet-peeves written Dec 3, 2018 16:39:18 GMT via mobile
Feline Overlord
aliasChibi
pronounsShe/Her
1,779written posts
offlinecurrently
Chibi Magician
Chibi Magician Avatar
Pure Gremlin Energy
iota Avatar
Chibi Magician Avatar

This ^ Been through it as a staff member a few years back (it ended up killing the site after a year of putting up with it, no joke), and I think I recently witnessed the very end of this scenario as a member but not 100% sure (because I wasn't around furing the "heat" of it). This is going to be a very bold comment (that won't be liked): but I think I would ask that type of player to leave my site even if it means their friends would follow. I'm not about to tolerate a witch hunt in the guise of "democracy" against any of my site's members (and that includes staff).

If one doesn't like a new rule that was implemented, bring it to staff in private. Don't get the whole site involved.

If it helps, I consider this an understandable verdict since there are risk factors of having members who start this type of thing on site. It is really sad when it breaks a site and I consider it extremely rude since chances are these were written somewhere and therefore would have been known prior to joining. If somebody really doesn’t like a certain mechanic, plot device, etc. then they should consider going elsewhere rather than treating the staff with this disrespect, or even quietly suggest, but not fuss over it.

I had this happen only once, but thankfully my members were good about it. One of them even explained how what the person was doing was site vs staff. I was at work so it was a mad scramble to try and explain my reasoning; I was literally shaking. Nothing bad became of it and I appreciate the kindness of my members to this day.

Feline Overlord
aliasChibi
pronounsShe/Her
1,779written posts
offlinecurrently
Chibi Magician
Chibi Magician Avatar
Pure Gremlin Energy
I will do my best to explain this one, but I just dislike seeing this.

When members try to get their way by merely stating "but I am being creative," as a compelling argument because their character does not adhere to site rules, lore, etc. Being creative is a fantastic thing, but I hate seeing it used as an excuse to have something game-breaking and not feasible. My main reason for this being that by adopting this logic, the site would essentially go like this:

Oh, Bill has a million powers and no weaknesses? Guess it is allowed because he is being creative.
And Mary? She can kill everybody in the entire universe by blinking, but that is allowed because creativity.
Martin just power-played me, but he did it creatively, so I guess it is allowed.

Thus it bothers me since somebody can break a million rules under the guise of "I'm being creative." which is why I do not consider it an argument, but rather an excuse to attempt to keep something. I love seeing creativity, but when you join a site, respecting the site's functions and lore is important which is why people learn to adapt concepts. If you really want to play with something, write a short story, do a dream sequence or AU with a willing participant to enjoy something you wanted to try. If you really want something, give me a compelling argument or compromise for something similar, I am not heartless after all. I simply want something that adheres to the site's information and is fair across the board, thus if you can adapt your power into something that works in my books, you can have it. The point is creativity is fantastic, but when you join a role-play, you need to be reasonable as well. Sometimes ideas need to altered and morph, and if you really want something, provide a compelling argument or find a site where your idea would be allowed.