pronounsShe/Her
424written posts
luxearned bits
offlinecurrently
lux
lux Avatar
But I'm a sunflower, a little funny
lux Avatar
When one of your members is on the Activity Check two different times and when they get deleted they start arguing with you on Discord and giving excuses ๐Ÿ™ƒ

Update! She also went around all hectic messaging members, declared she was leaving, sent me a rude message then blocked me ๐Ÿ˜‰
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
lux Avatar
โฅ When a guest or a member ask a question and you are online to answer, but another member (who is a staff on another site) constantly acts like they know everything and is pushy with giving answers that sometimes are not true.

Thiiiis. So many times. I know the member generally means well but when you're talking over a staff member then I think it's time to step down and just let staff handle it.. bc they're there and able to answer(I get it if they weren't). But I shouldn't have to compete with a member to answer questions, especially when the answer they give is technically wrong in some sense and I have to correct and now things just feel.. tense? Not sure how to describe it. Or when they get upset over it/get defensive.

light Avatar
the one thing i hate is being rushed or feeling like i need to rush an event or else members will leave b/c they feel like nothing is happening. that's annoying as shit and it reminds me why being an admin is very bad, but then you remember you wanna write b/c it keeps you sane but then you remember you have to deal with people and bullshit and all i wanna do is just create a fun place to write with my friends and people who aren't annoying but it just backfires and then i feel bad.

it's gotten to the point where i'm okay with a small community at this point and that's just not okay to be okay with b/c i like big communities, just not when they're something i'm running b/c it just spells bad news bears.

Can I get an amen tho? This is such a huge issue for me, I love having a big community but to fight for them to stay via events is such a double edged sword. Bc half the time (more than that) they have difficulty posting in the events anyway and constantly need to be reminded. So you make this event they're all hyped for and then the large chunk of ppl you're trying to get to stay, join it, and then tend to bounce after they've posted maybe once or twice.. Why! Am! I! Trying!

On that note.. When members come in and take canon positions but flake after. Canon/important roles on sites are so difficult for me. Not only because generally people want to play them, fine, great even! But they tend to flake after one or two posts because their character isn't super relevant for the plot at that time so they feel like they're not really doing anything. The canon role isn't mean to be a silver platter for plots and threads, it's still your character that you need to work on. Idk how many times I have to emphasis that, or tell ppl that they should do plots and have their characters interact with others to gain allies for future stuff. But bc it's not.. instant plot device they tend to drop off the site after.

But if you make canon positions have requirements, whether it be one character of their own first, a required post count/activity level or whatever people can feel overwhelmed and/or complain about the requirements. Thus they don't take them so these important and eventually really relevant positions don't get taken and that is difficult too.
last edit on Oct 19, 2018 0:51:09 GMT by Deleted
pronounsD A R K
259written posts
offlinecurrently
Death is just a new beginning.
I feel like one of my biggest pet peeves are guests who come to a site and rely on the chatbox as their lazy source of answers. Questions like: Is this site active? When there is a button that links you to ALL recent posts, and threads just a click away. Or: What's the plot here? Etc. Etc.

More or less members who come to a site and don't bother to look at ANYTHING. They come, glance at the layout, then go straight to the chatbox to flood it with their pointless questions. It's SO disrespectful. It's like going to an author's book signing, getting up to the table, and being like: Yeah, so like what is your book even about? I mean I was gonna read it but my god, there are soooo many pages.

If you can't take the time to read a paragraph of a plot, glance over the rules, then why are you joining? I'd also count this as an admin/member pet peeve because even when I'm on someone else's site. I always feel bad for the creator when they get someone who clearly will never take the time to even look over their plot.
Feline Overlord
aliasChibi
pronounsShe/Her
1,793written posts
Chibi Magicianearned bits
offlinecurrently
Chibi Magician
Spring '21 Dev Completionist
Chibi Magician Avatar
Pure Gremlin Energy
Back with my neverending list of issues.

When a member tries to tell the staff how their site works. Whenever this happens I always stare at the response and think ex-excuse me? since usually it works the exact opposite of what they stated. Oftentimes, this happens in situations where I tell the member something is not feasible and they tell me how several bits of lore "work" and therefore it should be something that exists. It makes me feel like they never noticed certain things or merely skimmed the information rather than thoroughly reading the entire piece.

General uncalled for rudeness from members. I hate seeing members be rude and ungrateful towards other members, and to make matters worse when I confront them they usually try to make up a lame excuse for their actions. Then there are others who admit to it and think that is a viable reason for them to be generally unpleasant and rude. Even when you admit to something, you could at least try to be kind to your other members. x.x

Members who try to make other members uncomfortable by saying controversial or inappropriate things in chat. These are frequently the people who are quickly banned I imagine since speaking of such things are usually used as a method to gain attention or start fights, but still annoying nonetheless.

When I am trying to help a member fix a template, but even I am unable to find the issue. x.x I want to help so badly, however, my coding/templating knowledge is very limited.
Feline Overlord
aliasChibi
pronounsShe/Her
1,793written posts
offlinecurrently
Chibi Magician
Chibi Magician Avatar
Pure Gremlin Energy
I have had this happen a few times and thought I would mention it since I shake my head every time, but members who complain about things staff cannot fix. There have been some occasions where I have had a member complain about templates as a whole in a tone that makes it sound like they expect me to go through and fix it cause of that single complaint, and furthermore, this is not even in response to threads they are in, but all templates used on the site in general. I always sit there, glance at the archives which has approximately 2,000 posts as it is and think, Sorry, but I am not going through all those posts just because you complained about them. Hardly anybody has complained up to this point, so sorry. I am sorry for whatever reason they want me to remove those templates, but going through my member's posts to remove templates is just something I find to be rather rude.
pronounsShe/Her
424written posts
luxearned bits
offlinecurrently
lux
lux Avatar
Chibi Magician Avatar
I have had this happen a few times and thought I would mention it since I shake my head every time, but members who complain about things staff cannot fix. There have been some occasions where I have had a member complain about templates as a whole in a tone that makes it sound like they expect me to go through and fix it cause of that single complaint, and furthermore, this is not even in response to threads they are in, but all templates used on the site in general. I always sit there, glance at the archives which has approximately 2,000 posts as it is and think, Sorry, but I am not going through all those posts just because you complained about them. Hardly anybody has complained up to this point, so sorry. I am sorry for whatever reason they want me to remove those templates, but going through my member's posts to remove templates is just something I find to be rather rude.

Yes yes yes everything yes about this. To add on, I once had a moderator that would go into members posts to change their templates and codes without asking and at the point where I noticed and asked him not to, he threw a fit.
stultifera navis
aliasnines
pronounsshe/her
537written posts
ninelieearned bits
offlinecurrently
ninelie
Part of the Furniture
ninelie Avatar
VOLITION [Medium: Success]
lux Avatar
Chibi Magician Avatar
Yes yes yes everything yes about this. To add on, I once had a moderator that would go into members posts to change their templates and codes without asking and at the point where I noticed and asked him not to, he threw a fit.

Okay but I've had members who use the default font colors (like this kind of blue or this kind of red and it just looks god awful on certain background colors where it gave another one of my members a headache trying to read their posts. I had to implement additional css styling with the aid of javascript to default them to colors that are easier on the eyes because yes, harsh colors is a problem.

But going into their posts wasn't something I have done, or would ever do.
Feline Overlord
aliasChibi
pronounsShe/Her
1,793written posts
offlinecurrently
Chibi Magician
Chibi Magician Avatar
Pure Gremlin Energy
ninelie Avatar
Okay but I've had members who use the default font colors (like this kind of blue or this kind of red and it just looks god awful on certain background colors where it gave another one of my members a headache trying to read their posts. I had to implement additional css styling with the aid of javascript to default them to colors that are easier on the eyes because yes, harsh colors is a problem.

I can understand having certain colours banned in a way because of headaches and eye harm. I even implemented rules for applications stating my staff could request colour changes if an application is unreadable or harms the eyes. Also, sorry if my post sounded a little rude towards that. x.x I mostly meant somebody complaining about generally readable templates since I believe it is member's choice to use templates or not, although, situations like unreadable because of colours, broken codes or ridiculously tiny text sizes I do believe is deserving to be a registered complaint. My main issue was essentially being requested to go through all posts and mercilessly remove templates, readable or not.
stultifera navis
aliasnines
pronounsshe/her
537written posts
ninelieearned bits
offlinecurrently
ninelie
Part of the Furniture
ninelie Avatar
VOLITION [Medium: Success]
Chibi Magician Avatar
I can understand having certain colours banned in a way because of headaches and eye harm. I even implemented rules for applications stating my staff could request colour changes if an application is unreadable or harms the eyes. Also, sorry if my post sounded a little rude towards that. x.x I mostly meant somebody complaining about generally readable templates since I believe it is member's choice to use templates or not, although, situations like unreadable because of colours, broken codes or ridiculously tiny text sizes I do believe is deserving to be a registered complaint. My main issue was essentially being requested to go through all posts and mercilessly remove templates, readable or not.

You're good, no worries! I might've came off a bit annoyed but that was mostly annoyance at the pet peeve I've had of people still color-coding their posts (in the old days we used blue for action, red for speech, green for thoughts, etc.....)
Admin Pet-peeves written Nov 13, 2018 2:48:59 GMT via mobile
pronounsShe/Her
424written posts
luxearned bits
offlinecurrently
lux
lux Avatar
ninelie Avatar
lux Avatar

Yeah no it had nothing to do with colors or something harsh to look at. It was, he didn't like the way it looked or the way someone coded it. He was incredibly picky and wanted everything his way or the highway. -eyeroll-
pronounsshe/her
129written posts
Y A M S ! ! !earned bits
offlinecurrently
Y A M S ! ! !
Y A M S ! ! ! Avatar
hnnnngh
This isn't a pet peeve directed at any members per se, but just when you have that one nitpicky tiny thing to fix in the code/wording of something/ect and you spend forever and ever on fixing it. It's a small detail no one would ever notice tbh, but you just want your site to look the best you can make it so you work at it for longer than needed for little payoff.

Sure, I figured out why that one period was white and not black in this wall of text, but was it really worth it to obsess about?? lol
pronounsShe/Her
50written posts
JDearned bits
offlinecurrently
JD
JD Avatar
Doltenโ™ฆ Avatar
Having another staff member throw shade...
<iframe width="19.120000000000005" height="2.9200000000000017" style="position: absolute; width: 19.120000000000005px; height: 2.9200000000000017px; z-index: -9999; border-style: none;left: 15px; top: -5px;" id="MoatPxIOPT0_58721143" scrolling="no"></iframe>
<iframe width="19.120000000000005" height="2.9200000000000017" style="position: absolute; width: 19.12px; height: 2.92px; z-index: -9999; border-style: none; left: 900px; top: -5px;" id="MoatPxIOPT0_60894828" scrolling="no"></iframe>
<iframe width="19.120000000000005" height="2.9200000000000017" style="position: absolute; width: 19.12px; height: 2.92px; z-index: -9999; border-style: none; left: 15px; top: 87px;" id="MoatPxIOPT0_60848195" scrolling="no"></iframe>
<iframe width="19.120000000000005" height="2.9200000000000017" style="position: absolute; width: 19.12px; height: 2.92px; z-index: -9999; border-style: none; left: 900px; top: 87px;" id="MoatPxIOPT0_57655913" scrolling="no"></iframe>
OMG what why? This is a big no no for me >.<

I tell my staffers that can be as honest as they want with me in the staff private chat but in public we are a team and we all back each other up even if we personally don't agree with it. Like parenting - you have to be singing from the same hymn sheet.