3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
shiv Avatar
Kitten4u Avatar
Back with more character drawing! I'm glad to have art of this character because I'm always afraid she comes across as edgy when I talk about her. There is no edge here, only doof.
Love how you captured that difficult shirt pattern!!

Thanks!
Elemental Enthusiast
aliasMari
pronounsthey/them
981written posts
Mariearned bits
offlinecurrently
Mari
Part of the Furniture
Mari Avatar
eternally tired
here's a few of my recent OC arts :3 (warning for slight body horror/eyes in places where eyes shouldn't be in some of these)

last edit on Jan 25, 2020 12:15:41 GMT by Mari
Stardust in me
aliasEm, Dragon
pronounsShe/Her/Hers
773written posts
rabbitearsearned bits
offlinecurrently
rabbitears
Part of the Furniture
rabbitears Avatar
We're motivated by the stars that we're made of
I'm not very good but I wound up drawing my new character because all the art I could find was labeled do not use or other people' OCs.
269written posts
Kei ⚸earned bits
offlinecurrently
Kei ⚸
Kei ⚸ Avatar
Don't depend on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you're in the dark
I am not an artist, and don't claim myself to be one, but i tried some pixel art a few days ago just of some random character in my mind and came up with something like this. the shading is wonky and there's obviously some problems lol but for trying pixel art for the first time, i actually impressed myself. wanted to share this somewhere -u- all done with a mouse and took me forever

last edit on Jul 21, 2020 19:06:38 GMT by Kei ⚸
352written posts
vonearned bits
offlinecurrently
von
von Avatar
I’ve been practicing lately. My confidence in lineart is dropping, i cant seem to find a suitable brush for myself, or i cant just apply a good technique (hence the unfinished lineart. All these troubles are enhanced when im doing hair jshdnxj). Also i did try painting and the 2nd one was my most decent one, i need to study more for painting since i literally have no control yet, even on my color choices TT i need to study way way more theory due to my color blindness hfudhxushs. I downloaded a bunch of art style that i rly like and will study them in the future tho

last edit on Sept 28, 2020 11:36:24 GMT by von
aliasNwah
pronouns¯\_(ツ)_/¯
239written posts
Noireearned bits
offlinecurrently
Noire
Spring '21 Dev Completionist
Noire Avatar
No cracks, no breaks; no mistakes
My art is pretty hit or miss, and more often than not I end up binning a picture instead of soldiering on long enough to finish it
But I've been stubbornly subjecting my thread mates to my own OC art for 6+ years now, and I'm finally feeling pretty good about this one

Drawn from reference because I accepted a long time ago I'm just bad at proportions and poses and that's okay because it turns out I'm not trying to reinvent the human form after all

Sorojin's Labyrinth
pronounsHe/Him
48written posts
TheMysteriousManearned bits
offlinecurrently
TheMysteriousMan
TheMysteriousMan Avatar
Currently breaking things.
siel Avatar
did some pixel art of my favorite character designs from persona 3

i think i got better hang of shaping. shading is still pooperoni. i feel like i'm coloring something in instead of bringing it out.
Your pixel art is awesome man! I draw better pixel art when what I'm drawing is big, so I couldn't give you any tips on small chibi/sprite people, but I guess I can give you some advice on shading. (Not that I can tell from your images that you need tips. Your shading already looks great)

This kinda depends on what pixel art program your using, but if your using ones like mine, just use the color darkener and brighter! I just go to the place where I wan't some shading to be, darken 1 pixel till I reach the right level of shadow, and use color picker and color the entire area that needs to be shaded. You can also do the opposite for lightening some areas. 

This is kinda obvious advice, but just in case ya need it, it's here.
last edit on Nov 6, 2020 12:48:46 GMT by TheMysteriousMan
This guy is awesome.
|
|
\|/
v
pronounsHe/Him
48written posts
offlinecurrently
TheMysteriousMan
TheMysteriousMan Avatar
Double post, cause I also have some art I wanna share. I would put it in my gallery, but I named it 'pixel art and gifs', and none of my drawings are either of those.

Ok so, I found a folder in my garage that contained some art from when I was younger. This one is pretty bad, so don't judge my 11 or 12 year old self too hard. (If your wondering, yes, I was an adventure time fanboy. RIP my all time favorite cartoon.)

So, When I saw this, I decided to redraw it. Here's my recent redraw-

Another image I found in the folder. I'm pretty sure this is from years later, because the jump in artistic skill is massive. I honestly have no idea how I drew this. I suspect foul play.

And here's just a random thing I drew recently.

This guy is awesome.
|
|
\|/
v
211written posts
sielearned bits
offlinecurrently
siel
siel Avatar
ooh thanks for the feedback! i checked out your gallery, great animations! what program do you use?

i'm trying to make sure i use darken/lighten tools but i've noticed some of the more 'poppy' pixel art i've seen does something where you contrast the hues a bit more? that's where i struggle to choose the right color.

this pixel art guide has a section on shading that explains what i mean. what do you think of it?

and i don't want to derail the thread with my spam of questions so here's another pixel art animation i did awhile back:

pronounsHe/Him
48written posts
offlinecurrently
TheMysteriousMan
TheMysteriousMan Avatar
I don't use anything too fancy, and find that for me, piskel.com and pixelart.com work fine. (I prefer pixelart for drawing, and piskel for making animations).

The person that's writing the guide is probably much better than me at pixel art, so she probably uses different methods, but in her shading tutorial, she's basically just trying to tell you not to make your other shades to dark or muddy. I would just say that the darker/lighter tool is good for finding different shades of your colors, but should also be messed with a bit, to make sure that it's not too bright or too dark, like the person in the tutorial says.

Hope that makes sense.

Here's an old pixel art:

last edit on Nov 10, 2020 13:01:52 GMT by TheMysteriousMan
This guy is awesome.
|
|
\|/
v
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW