write a reply

Staffing Confessions

839written posts
SPIRELEearned bits
offlinecurrently
SPIRELE
Part of the Furniture
SPIRELE Avatar
churning out shit feel GOOD like i just pooped out a post.

love the little img adding to rules n insert these days. makes that shit clean. i'm more for a substance than assthetic guy but W H E W. my holy.

and i'm glad people enjoy when things get put out.

time to try some experimental shit. tbh idk why forum games aren't made into event more often. the transition is c l e a n.

pronounsShe
626written posts
Gingerearned bits
offlinecurrently
Ginger
Part of the Furniture
Ginger Avatar
When you are working on the SAME skin.. But with 3 Different Formats... Colors, Designs, widths, Headers etc.

AND For the life of you.. you cannot remember which Skin-theme has what attached to it. So when you get a report on a glitch you're just like "Wait.. Which Skin was that? Thought I solved that glitch"

---> Had seriously recoded the whole dang skin from pixel into percentage..... and larger width.
----> Had recoded a different one to have completely different background color design and lighter...
last edit on Jul 23, 2019 19:08:14 GMT by Ginger
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
Trying to check for ad's unsure on if I first posted or linked back because other sites do things differently and move the first posts to the link backs. It confuses me..... makes me question if it was posted in first post and moved or link backs and and don't get me started on how I clearly posted [lb], on accident posted in the wrong board and instead of looking to see if their ad was in the first post, they link back and write saying that they linked back to my [lb] tag and how I have to wait a month to post my ad again. And they don't have a chatbox where I can say, whoops can you move my ad, it was supposed to go in the link back board.

So what do I do? I throw my hands in the air and decide to do it later unless another staff member comes by to handle it.
last edit on Jul 23, 2019 20:15:56 GMT by Deleted
pronounsShe
626written posts
Gingerearned bits
offlinecurrently
Ginger
Part of the Furniture
Ginger Avatar
spiritfoxxy Avatar
Jul 23, 2019 20:13:55 GMT @spiritfoxxy said:
Trying to check for ad's unsure on if I first posted or linked back because other sites do things differently and move the first posts to the link backs. It confuses me..... makes me question if it was posted in first post and moved or link backs and and don't get me started on how I clearly posted [lb], on accident posted in the wrong board and instead of looking to see if their ad was in the first post, they link back and write saying that they linked back to my [lb] tag and how I have to wait a month to post my ad again. And they don't have a chatbox where I can say, whoops can you move my ad, it was supposed to go in the link back board.

So what do I do? I throw my hands in the air and decide to do it later unless another staff member comes by to handle it.
I haven't advertised in so long.... I forgot about Ad politics.... sheesh no wonder I haven't advertised in so long. Sorry that happened?
last edit on Jul 23, 2019 21:44:28 GMT by Ginger
phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,362written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
what do you want to know? my height, hobbies, quirks, the color of my underwear?
i have learned that for some reason, when i make ads in my actual graphics editing software, i end up hating them like. within two months. when i make them in codepen with css and just editing the base graphic? i end up loving it months down the line and i have no idea why.

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
I am guilty of trying to beat other staff members in reading applications so that I can approve them, for one I enjoy testing myself if I'm in sync with my other staff members but also because I won't have anything to do if I don't beat them to the punch. Out of advertisements again.... Well unless I start first posting but having to check to make sure the site doesn't have my ad yet feels like such a hassle....
last edit on Jul 30, 2019 0:32:06 GMT by Deleted
aliasjo, honey
pronounsfeminine
645written posts
offlinecurrently
honey and the forgor land
Part of the Furniture
honey and the forgor land Avatar
fed up with y'all bitches
i'm trying to be one of those staff that will answer questions even if you didn't fully read something but i am feeling like that's starting to be a pet peeve of mine. i usually ask other staff if i find something to be hard to find on the site but if the post is literally in front of you, tagged and @ everyone'd to read, please read it especially before getting offended when i ask you, and everyone else, to read the full post before asking questions.
last edit on Aug 14, 2019 11:16:44 GMT by honey and the forgor land
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
Copy and paste failed me, oh how I dread reaching out to request a deletion of my ad for the sake of reposting it. Then no sooner that it had been taken care of, I'm on a roll with posting more advertisements. x.x We'll see how long it takes before I mess up on the advertisement again.... first one was a messed up username and title, this last time I failed to post the url....
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
i feel like a terrible staff member because I have closed/re-opened the same site at least three or four times, and it always betrays me. I always think it's going to get better, because people join, the community grows, everyone is getting along, we're all posting -- but, then, just like that, it all falls off a cliff. People start vanishing. Threads are abandoned. Posting stops completely. Plots are diminished, and things slowly fall into a dead silence until it's evident that the site is inactive and there's no saving it. No one new is joining, or if they do, they never finish their character or interact with anyone, and the game becomes more like a ghost town than an open door.

It could be because it's a sol and those never tend to really go anywhere. They're good for a few months, and then everyone gets bored of them, I guess??

It could also be me because it's hard for me to retain my muse long enough to both staff sol sites and remain active on them. It's not so much that I don't have the muse for my characters -- I love them!-- but, it's more so that after so many scenarios, it's difficult not to repeat them without no real direction the story is going, idk. i just love the atmosphere provided and the characters that I have put so much heart and hope into... but, even then, ngl, I begin to weave in and out of activity because of my own rl stuff and because I get apathetic after a while

don't get me wrong though. i freakinng love sol roleplays. i have just learned to solely join them from now on, lol

does this happen to everyone? i do tend to notice sites that are more sol-based in nature tend to not last as long as sites that have more of a story-line or supernatural element.
last edit on Aug 29, 2019 4:11:50 GMT by Deleted