aliasAkira, Tsunami, Tsu, Aki
pronounsAny
4,225written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I've got a hurricane in my head, I can't feel a thing, but it's better than dead
^ I hate people like that. Staffing and finding staff is difficult enough, but when people offer to be staff and then just dip out... Like I usually am pretty good at judgement calls and make sure that they are active and know their stuff before making staff. But when people approach me and ask to be staff and then I say no to them so they rage quit and leave... Yeah. It's happened more than once. Yes, I would love to have more staff, but I'm not desperate enough to need it that badly. People like that make it hard to trust getting new staff members anyways.

phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,363written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
what do you want to know? my height, hobbies, quirks, the color of my underwear?
there's always something inherently sad about the day you finally close a site, even if you know it's for the best and you're just officially ending a slow death spiral :c

164written posts
Fujiearned bits
offlinecurrently
Fuji
Fuji Avatar
Kuroya Avatar
there's always something inherently sad about the day you finally close a site, even if you know it's for the best and you're just officially ending a slow death spiral :c
A sad day indeed. So much work and smiles gone in a blink. :( 
Tidal Wave
pronounsAny
4,225written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I've got a hurricane in my head, I can't feel a thing, but it's better than dead
I think I might be able to actually work on some staff stuff next week. This is exciting. New things in the works. Gotta love it. I just wish it wasn't so much effort and motivation.

446written posts
wolfeearned bits
offlinecurrently
wolfe
wolfe Avatar
Honestly seeing someone have a much more put together site in the areas where you're struggling with is sometimes the best thing because it both gives you the kick in the ass to change things and also a place to take ideas, especially in how they structured it, from.

I've been lazy at overhauling site plot/how information is presented for a long time, and seeing someone present that information in my mind damn close to perfectly made me hyper-aware at how much that may have hurt in the past year.
last edit on Apr 10, 2021 23:29:40 GMT by wolfe
Tidal Wave
pronounsAny
4,225written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I also need to go through and redo some plots and rules and information and crap but really my mind is still elsewhere. My site is really taking a hit for these like 3 weeks thus far of inactivity, but you know. It'll be fine. At least we're active in IC rp on discord to keep interest. It just sucks because we're not able to pull in new members that way. One more week... We can do it.

Feline Overlord
aliasChibi
pronounsShe/Her
1,813written posts
Chibi Magicianearned bits
offlinecurrently
Chibi Magician
Spring '21 Dev Completionist
Chibi Magician Avatar
Pure Gremlin Energy
The absurd amounts of happiness I got today from re-organizing my code and tidying it up. My god, I really needed to do that and it feels good. Nothing broke, everything was nice and I got all my stuff filled out. I still have to code some new pieces though for some site updates, but that can be another day... since coding takes all my brain power so I need the genuine mood.
Tidal Wave
pronounsAny
4,225written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
Feels like spring is half over and I haven't started any of my spring events. I know I said I was going to. So come on self let's get it done.

214written posts
✦ MADearned bits
offlinecurrently
✦ MAD
✦ MAD Avatar
[nospaces]

I feel terrible. I had somebody apply and had to say no. I feel bad for not accepting them, especially knowing they had been denied from joining other roleplaying communities before. I had done my best to be supportive, helpful and even went out of my way to show them resources that could help them and examples to follow. They just refused any help at all. I'm sorry, but if you don't want the help, there's not much I can do.
[break][break]
My friends told me not to feel bad that I did more than most would ever do, but it's hard. I hope they can eventually learn and grow to be better. I have a feeling they have a difficult time with life in general.

last edit on Apr 12, 2021 15:05:14 GMT by ✦ MAD
pronounshe/him
792written posts
illidan mainearned bits
offlinecurrently
illidan main
Part of the Furniture
illidan main Avatar
Staffing with ADHD is torture because I mean to do good admin things but I forget that I did them.

I'm so eternally grateful to my members, who are patient with me and know I mean well, and I'm grateful to my co-staff for helping out a ton.

avatar and hover by phobic art, commissioned for me
214written posts
✦ MADearned bits
offlinecurrently
✦ MAD
✦ MAD Avatar
illidan main Avatar
Staffing with ADHD is torture because I mean to do good admin things but I forget that I did them.

I'm so eternally grateful to my members, who are patient with me and know I mean well, and I'm grateful to my co-staff for helping out a ton.

[nospaces]

I wish I could like this more. So much me.

Tidal Wave
pronounsAny
4,225written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
✦ MAD Avatar
[nospaces]

I feel terrible. I had somebody apply and had to say no. I feel bad for not accepting them, especially knowing they had been denied from joining other roleplaying communities before. I had done my best to be supportive, helpful and even went out of my way to show them resources that could help them and examples to follow. They just refused any help at all. I'm sorry, but if you don't want the help, there's not much I can do.
[break][break]
My friends told me not to feel bad that I did more than most would ever do, but it's hard. I hope they can eventually learn and grow to be better. I have a feeling they have a difficult time with life in general.

I think that's one of the hardest parts of being staff, rejecting applications. Honestly though, I'm not even in charge of my apps anymore. Between the ADD and Dyslexia, it's a really hard thing for me to do. So I really only ever have to go through them to do the rejections nowadays. Most of the time it can be really hard, especially if you know someone is really trying. But other times I am a ruthless salt monster that has no trouble whatsoever pulling apart every little thing if they've forgotten to read any of the information or rules.

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
I really wish that jcink had a place for their list of sites just like proboards support has on theirs. It would make things so much easier in the advertising department because I find it difficult to search up jcink sites for first posts unlike proboards where I can go on support and find the new sites listed on there.
last edit on Oct 29, 2021 18:53:48 GMT by Deleted