phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,363written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
what do you want to know? my height, hobbies, quirks, the color of my underwear?
spiritfoxxy Avatar
Apr 13, 2021 20:04:36 GMT @spiritfoxxy said:
I really wish that jcink had a place for their list of sites just like proboards support has on theirs. It would make things so much easier in the advertising department because I find it difficult too search up jcink sites for first posts unlike proboards where I can go on support and find the new sites listed on there.

cttw's advertising directory

probably somewhere between 70-80+% of jcinkers advertise on cttw, so it's likely about the same as the amount of sites on the proboards support (even if i personally think it's a bit of a moot point for an animanga site to "go nuts" there since most jcink sites are rl sites and the vast majority of rl rpers just... don't tend to be up for animanga sites, the same way most animanga rpers don't tend to be up for rl sites, so it's.... kind of wasted effort to go in and just advertise on every single site listed there with no rhyme or reason behind it the way i would any animanga site i could find tbeh)

Tidal Wave
aliasAkira, Tsunami, Tsu, Aki
pronounsAny
4,225written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I've got a hurricane in my head, I can't feel a thing, but it's better than dead
First day back, trying to get the activity back up on my site after being inactive for the last like 2-3 weeks because of RealLifeProblems. It's a bummer though because most of my members are still facing the real life issues and I don't have so many replies to do. How to make a site look active again?

stultifera navis
aliasnines
pronounsshe/her
568written posts
ninelieearned bits
offlinecurrently
ninelie
Part of the Furniture
ninelie Avatar
VOLITION [Medium: Success]
"It's not you but I just don't enjoy the RP anymore."

Hard to not take it personally when 80% of your member base decides to leave.

Note: I'm not blaming anyone. I understand when something does not spark joy for you anymore, naturally you want to move on. I do too, but I'm torn between the obligation of being staff and reflecting on the past 8ish months of "I accomplished so much, am I really letting it go to waste?"

hover + icon by 旳---
Feline Overlord
aliasChibi
pronounsShe/Her
1,813written posts
Chibi Magicianearned bits
offlinecurrently
Chibi Magician
Spring '21 Dev Completionist
Chibi Magician Avatar
Pure Gremlin Energy
ninelie Avatar

Note: I'm not blaming anyone. I understand when something does not spark joy for you anymore, naturally you want to move on. I do too, but I'm torn between the obligation of being staff and reflecting on the past 8ish months of "I accomplished so much, am I really letting it go to waste?"

Double post, but I want to say I understand this so hard. Until my most recent site, it would seem like endless effort put in only to have it all crumble down. However, I think it is good to keep your chin up! If you have a group of people there you enjoy RPing with, just push the concept of RP size aside and have some fun. c: I do wish your site some good luck and positive vibes! It brings me joy seeing other sites reach years of activity and survive through their hardships, so I hope things come back to bustling for you! If that is what you want of course!
aliasnightbloom, bloom
pronounsShe/Her
702written posts
peachearned bits
offlinecurrently
peach
Part of the Furniture
peach Avatar
so it goes.
ninelie Avatar

I feel this so much and know exactly what you're going through. The same happened to me not too long ago. :( Granted, mine didn't last as long as 8 months but I still felt the pain of all my hard work feeling like it was for nothing.

But don't let that get you down too much. ❤️ RP has always been a fickle thing in general. Interests always come and go, but if it's something you truly want and love to do, even if it's just one or two members writing with you, just keep at it!
214written posts
✦ MADearned bits
offlinecurrently
✦ MAD
✦ MAD Avatar
ninelie Avatar

[nospaces]

I understand this feeling as well. I think it's even harder when you have had a forum running for so long.
[break][break]Think about yourself, though; is it making you happy? Is it still fun? If it's bringing you the opposite, it might be best to let it go. Close or pass it on to someone else you trust. There's also the option of keeping the site but letting someone you trust continue the story on another site they can create and manage. [break][break]The main goal is to enjoy and have fun with a pastime we choose, forum roleplay. As mentioned above, if you still have members there, even if it's just a handful, as long as you're all enjoying it, keep at it.

Tidal Wave
pronounsAny
4,225written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I've got a hurricane in my head, I can't feel a thing, but it's better than dead
It does really suck when you put your heart and soul into something and it just spirals into inactivity. It happens to everyone pretty sure, but that doesn't make it suck any less. I usually just leave my forums public in case members want to go back and see their stuff. I generally fill the void with coming up with new sites that might be interesting, but in the end I just keep going back to them and trying to revive them. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. It's hard to move on, but maybe if you do, and you find some other site to play on and people you really jive with, you can go back with them and try and revive it later.

Tidal Wave
pronounsAny
4,225written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
Staffing confession related to my rp confession....

Can I just reply to certain threads without people claiming favoritism? This isn't a current thing, but something that has happened in the past that sits and rests on my anxiety. I feel like I have to reply to everything all the time and every single person and post even if it doesn't have my attention and is really hard to do and just sucks the life out of my writing, because if I don't it's the age old "Oh well the admin is playing favorites". Like. Please listen. Some people I just jive with better than others? I'm not a picky rper by any means and will post with absolutely everyone. But I am still a person? I'm no different than members? I have my own likes and dislikes when it comes to posting just like everyone else? Can't I just reply to the threads that have my interest without being accused of having favorites? Thanks?

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
I’m wary about giving my opinions again. It is just hard to want to give it when you feel like you’re wasting your breath. It is a work in progress on me getting over it, so that someday I’ll be capable of feeling comfortable assisting more on site lore over asking permission all the time.
last edit on Oct 29, 2021 18:53:30 GMT by Deleted
pronounshe + his
47written posts
karmaearned bits
offlinecurrently
karma Avatar
"It takes nothing to join the crowd. It takes everything to stand alone."
The longer I staff the harder it is for me to remain impartial to members. I feel like favoritism is somewhat okay when it's a choice between a consistent member you know will stick around and a member that just comes and goes.

I have to forcibly remind myself that being fair and impartial is ultimately for the best regardless of what you "think" will happen.
Tidal Wave
pronounsAny
4,225written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
^ I have to agree with this. As a staff member, I try really hard not to be cliquey or have favorites... But when someone comes around that is really enthusiastic and really wants to be there, and then is super active and involved, it's really hard not to prioritize those kinds of people over the flakey ones that just come in and make all these characters and never make a single post with any of them.

aliasnightbloom, bloom
pronounsShe/Her
702written posts
peachearned bits
offlinecurrently
peach
Part of the Furniture
peach Avatar
so it goes.
I am so in love with freeform apps right now tbh. I love seeing how creative people can get. But also they're so easy to read through. It could just be the current genre of my site, though.

However I hope I work the kinks out with this "auto sorting" thing I'm trying to do. XD Jcink has some cool features in the shop section but it has been a bit of trial and error.

I hope it is worth the headache and embarrassment lol!!