write a reply

Staffing Confessions

256written posts
The Lawearned bits
offlinecurrently
The Law
The Law Avatar
karma Avatar
The longer I staff the harder it is for me to remain impartial to members. I feel like favoritism is somewhat okay when it's a choice between a consistent member you know will stick around and a member that just comes and goes.

I have to forcibly remind myself that being fair and impartial is ultimately for the best regardless of what you "think" will happen.

Gotta say, this resonates with me. When I was staffing sites, I knew better to leave personal feelings out of equation when reviewing apps, but sometimes I feel like members who have a history of being consistently active and showing good OOC conduct and a strong RPing etiquette gets more leeway from me.

I.e. I'd generally get down to reviewing their apps first, and tend to more readily trust them with characters that are more powerful.

On the other hand, if the player is someone who has a history of flaking/ghosting, is rude and disrespectful OOC to other members, has a history of trying to game the RP rules or any combination thereof, then their apps tend to be subject to far greater scrutiny.

A multi-anime shared universe high school RP, est. 2016! In the process of restructuring and rebooting! Estimated re-opening date: End 2024 to Q1 2025
Tidal Wave
aliasAkira, Tsunami, Tsu, Aki
pronounsAny
4,225written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I've got a hurricane in my head, I can't feel a thing, but it's better than dead
Staffing confession of the day: I love new members that come in and are super excited to be there. No please, give me all of your enthusiasm. It's awesome~

839written posts
SPIRELEearned bits
offlinecurrently
SPIRELE
Part of the Furniture
SPIRELE Avatar
karma Avatar
The longer I staff the harder it is for me to remain impartial to members. I feel like favoritism is somewhat okay when it's a choice between a consistent member you know will stick around and a member that just comes and goes.

I have to forcibly remind myself that being fair and impartial is ultimately for the best regardless of what you "think" will happen.

just something to keep in mind, perception is reality!

there is a difference between being a bit more lax to someone who has been consistent and has stuck around compared to a popular name / friend that has proven themselves on other sites. things happen, often things we cannot control. if things go awry, all everyone sees is that you gave a new face (not knowing they were consistent elsewhere) something nice and shiny but not them.

it shouldn't matter but historically, this has always caused issues. why risk it?

at the end of the day, rp is about the story being written. sometimes, people need cool trinkets or powers to give their story that extra flare. understandable. however, if they are consistent, willing to stick around, and here for the story then there shouldn't be any issues with waiting for subsequent perks. 

the end goal is the same? right? if you're going to be here then what's the difference between getting your power / weapon / canon spot at 50 posts instead of 5? 
Feline Overlord
aliasChibi
pronounsShe/Her
1,813written posts
Chibi Magicianearned bits
offlinecurrently
Chibi Magician
Spring '21 Dev Completionist
Chibi Magician Avatar
Pure Gremlin Energy
That awkward moment when there are site searches your site fits, but you are all in a slow phase cause school, COVID and other real life stuff. I love my community and have always been a “take as much time as you need” type person, so no complaints! I’m just hoping there will be a few searchers come summer when we will likely pick up in activity more.
Feline Overlord
aliasChibi
pronounsShe/Her
1,813written posts
Chibi Magicianearned bits
offlinecurrently
Chibi Magician
Spring '21 Dev Completionist
Chibi Magician Avatar
Pure Gremlin Energy
Double post whoops

I am so appreciative to the staff team I have right now. I feel I have people who genuinely have my back and remind me I do not have to do every little thing on site. I have a nasty habit of doing anything and everything and leaving little for others to do, so having people who offer their help and remind me that I can have breaks too is a big breath of fresh air. Before I always ran on my own schedule and likely did what most would consider overworking myself at times, so I appreciate the effort.
Tidal Wave
pronounsAny
4,225written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I've got a hurricane in my head, I can't feel a thing, but it's better than dead
My staff team has fired me as head admin. I am quitting, they can do it.

No, I'm kidding. It was really funny to watch people spaz in discord about me being fired as staff though haha.

Tidal Wave
pronounsAny
4,225written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
A double post but like...

I feel like I do not have the brain capacity to do all this stuff, but if I don't do it my brain might literally explode. So here's to pushing out new content on my site in typical ADHD fashion and hoping that it's understandable by the general public.

aliasnightbloom, bloom
pronounsShe/Her
702written posts
peachearned bits
offlinecurrently
peach
Part of the Furniture
peach Avatar
so it goes.
I didn't expect the site and discord to blow up like it did! While I am super grateful, I am also overwhelmed lol. I feel like I'll never catch up with plots and I am always doing something staff-related. Oh well, as long as people are having fun!
Tidal Wave
pronounsAny
4,225written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I am impatient staff. I want to pull in more members and be an over the top social creature. I do not know how to do this. But my site is now two years old and at least there's that.

the narrative
aliasCel, Nightlock
pronounsShe/They
800written posts
CELearned bits
offlinecurrently
CEL
Part of the Furniture
CEL Avatar
oh, i leave quite an impression; five feet, to be exact.
sometimes you gotta look at yourself, how a member is acting, and and ask yourself "what am i willing to put up with?"

the answer? not this, folks!

coming soon.
Tidal Wave
pronounsAny
4,225written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I weirdly like affiliate requests. Like yes, I will be your friend. Please give me more pretty banners to put below my info center thanks <3

Elemental Enthusiast
aliasMari
pronounsthey/she
982written posts
Mariearned bits
offlinecurrently
Mari
Part of the Furniture
Mari Avatar
eternally tired
I'm planning to reboot Soulbound because I don't want to let the effort I put into it go to waste, but apparently a new member joined recently (after the site died but before I started working on the reboot) and they kinda did everything in their application process wrong and I'm not sure how to tell them without sounding rude ;; (I suspect they don't understand English well because some of the OOC profile fields on their profile are filled in weird as well)