write a reply

Staffing Confessions

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
I can’t help but remember my past. How owning a site used to be sooo much easier, but now I find myself struggling to make time just being a member. So you can count on me struggling even more if I attempted staff duties. Thankfully I don’t have to because I’m happy on my current sites.
last edit on Oct 29, 2021 18:53:15 GMT by Deleted
Tidal Wave
aliasAkira, Tsunami, Tsu, Aki
pronounsAny
4,225written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I've got a hurricane in my head, I can't feel a thing, but it's better than dead
Staffing is hard man. Between wanting more members but not knowing how to get them, and hosting events, that people may or may not be happy about, to coming up with plots and keeping information updated and working on skins and keeping people happy and doing all the things. Yikes.

aliasphimbolina
pronounsfeminine
569written posts
PHIMBOearned bits
offlinecurrently
PHIMBO
Part of the Furniture
PHIMBO Avatar
So, too, is Death possessed of infinite strategies and a gaunt nature.
me having to DM an event thread: alright kids gird up ur loins for all dat horror i've been cravin' my name is actually junji ito
last edit on May 13, 2021 6:48:37 GMT by PHIMBO
Tidal Wave
aliasAkira, Tsunami, Tsu, Aki
pronounsAny
4,225written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I've got a hurricane in my head, I can't feel a thing, but it's better than dead
How to be a good staff member? I have no idea. People seem to like me fine, but I always feel like I'm lacking in something. Focus probably.

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
I think focus is one part of being a good staff member, but the other part is being liked and just having a community you can call home. In fact it really doesn't matter how many members are on the site so long as you're happy with the outcome. for the record, I'd like too say you make a great staff member, , keep up the good work. ^_^
aliasladykae
pronounsshe/her
114written posts
navigatorearned bits
offlinecurrently
navigator
navigator Avatar
peach Avatar
Feeling kinda worn out... It really sucks when I make what I think is a unique, fun event but no one... Does anything...

Was it hard to understand? Was I wrong about it being neat? Idk...
i have been in this position, and it is no fun at all. ;c sorry to hear you're dealing with the same! when you're giving content and people simply aren't taking it? it can be very frustrating! but honestly, it could be any number of things that are keeping your players from engaging - not all of which have anything to do with something you have or haven't done.

i have found though that asking people what they would like to see next, or taking suggestions on events, can help to liven things back up again! maybe there's something else they would be interested in writing?

best of luck! i hope things turn around for you soon.

feel free to smack me for offering unsolicited advice.
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
peach Avatar
Feeling kinda worn out... It really sucks when I make what I think is a unique, fun event but no one... Does anything...

Was it hard to understand? Was I wrong about it being neat? Idk...
 Don't beat yourself up over it. It could just be because of the season, or a situational thing.

Maybe try to reach out to your community and see if there is anything you can do to bump up the activity, or, leave gentle reminders about posting?

I'm sorry you're dealing with this though D:  Just remember that, sometimes, it's not always what you are doing or not doing, or may not even be relative to the site. Taking suggestions like  said can help, too ♡

you're also welcome to reach out to me if you need to, love~
Feline Overlord
aliasChibi
pronounsShe/Her
1,813written posts
Chibi Magicianearned bits
offlinecurrently
Chibi Magician
Spring '21 Dev Completionist
Chibi Magician Avatar
Pure Gremlin Energy
I think one action that makes me feel so touched is when former members actually suggest the site they were formerly on to others. It just makes me go all wide-eyed like “You really think we did that good that you would suggest us?!” I have had it happen a few times and I will say, thank you so much to you kind souls! Even if the person does not stay, I just really appreciate the sentiment. Even when current members suggest us around it just brings this warm fuzzy feeling to my heart. I have and still do struggle with a lot of insecurity, so to know that something I’m apart of receives something as simple as a recommendation just makes my cheeks flushed and myself filled with appreciation.
aliasnightbloom, bloom
pronounsShe/Her
702written posts
peachearned bits
offlinecurrently
peach
Part of the Furniture
peach Avatar
so it goes.
When I legitimately want advice and feedback about things but people just dip and leave with nothing to say. I understand no one owes me anything at all, and if the site isn't their cup of tea anymore, that's fine. But how can I make things better for future members or even ones that stick around if I don't know what the faults are?

I forgot how tough it is to be an admin, a main admin, a leader... xD