write a reply

Staffing Confessions

pronounsHe/She
6written posts
offlinecurrently
LV999 no Murabito
LV999 no Murabito Avatar
I hate not being able to skin, it gets on my nerves to even decide one among those beautiful premades
(โ•ฏยฐโ–กยฐ๏ผ‰โ•ฏ๏ธต โ”ปโ”โ”ป I envy those amazing skinners who have such skill thank you from the bottom of my heart, you are a lifesaver If Seven Deadly Sins is like a group of individuals, I guess I will be Envy... or Greed... cuz I can't get enough with one skin when there are tons of breath-taking skins everywhere asdfghjkl (ใฅ๏ฟฃ ยณ๏ฟฃ)ใฅ
last edit on Aug 16, 2018 15:22:53 GMT by LV999 no Murabito
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
I'm not actually that big on cboxes and would rather just do everything via discussion boards because they're easier to track than a fast moving chat is......

As such i some times forget we even have a cbox and fail to realize there were questions to answer.

can we just go back to having guest friendly questions boards? Please
the endless hunt
aliasleto, blobert, crow
pronounshe / they
1,381written posts
ullaearned bits
offlinecurrently
ulla
Administrator
ulla Avatar
in turning divine, we tangle endlessly

i sometimes bite off more than i can chew as a staffer as far as like, the implementation of events and things because i want them to be really great and fun for the community but don't always think abt how much work it'll be on the mod side. this i've mostly solved in recent times by just being really transparent with my members if i'm having a hard time keeping up with something, and i'm blessed with a really wonderful and understanding community that's willing to put up with delays
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
ulla Avatar

i sometimes bite off more than i can chew as a staffer as far as like, the implementation of events and things because i want them to be really great and fun for the community but don't always think abt how much work it'll be on the mod side. this i've mostly solved in recent times by just being really transparent with my members if i'm having a hard time keeping up with something, and i'm blessed with a really wonderful and understanding community that's willing to put up with delays

Sometimes I also make an event that is more than the community can chew number wise. I thought "oh, this might be a good idea," but it spread the numbers way too thin and then no one really posts.
aliasvee, vivi
pronounsany / they
659written posts
valkaearned bits
offlinecurrently
valka
Administrator
valka Avatar
do u know... la-hee?

• if people keep mentioning their app is finished, i'll make you wait longer bc i don't appreciate being rushed.
  • i hate it when people say "just waiting for my character to get accepted" like - you might get pended. don't assume you're gonna be accepted, pls. say 'to be reviewed' or smth instead.
  • in general i hate doing pends because either i feel bad about doing it, or there's just so much wrong with the app that i just don't wanna deal with it OTL
  • if the stuff that's wrong with your app (ie you didn't put the member group in the coding to change the colours, you didn't remove placeholder text), i'll go in and fix it myself, since it's annoying to be pended over such a little thing like that when the rest of your app is fine!
  • i'm terrible and take far too long to update the job claim. once i realised i hadn't updated it in like, three months. #oops
  • i'm terrible at responding to hiatuses to let the person know i've seen it ;__; i wish jcink had likes.
  • i'm terrible at link backs and apparently i haven't done them since the end of april... i should probably go do that.

last edit on Aug 29, 2018 21:37:44 GMT by valka
if you think i haven't been keeping up with pp, think again
phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,238written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
at this, the world's end, do we cast off tomorrow~!
sometimes i'll see certain people online (or even just a certain question in the chat) and i just know i'm not going to enjoy dealing with whatever it is, so i'll just pretend i'm not around.

or in other words, i do the staffing equivalent of this
last edit on Aug 30, 2018 20:02:22 GMT by Kuroya

aliaspor, sef, jdawg
pronounsshe | her
526written posts
porsefearned bits
offlinecurrently
porsef
Part of the Furniture
porsef Avatar
chichi wo moge
I have to say... my biggest sin is showing a little bit of favoritism at times. Like when I was on my old site as an admin, I used to sneak my friend like... 10 EXP every day because I wanted her to catch up to my character. LOL
Any way the Wind Blows...
aliasMisha
pronounsHe/They
123written posts
Scaramoucheearned bits
offlinecurrently
Scaramouche
Scaramouche Avatar
I hate it when people try to guilt trip you into doing what they want or toss a public hissy fit when they are pended. Like, no. I'm sorry your app was pended, tossing a fit in the discord and demand a new application format, and saying that because you are new means you can't have your way, and all Intermediate/Advanced RPs reject you... It was a single pend, Janice. Your app had 8 paragraphs of confusing nonsenses. I'm sorry we are asking you to write something we can actually understand...

Any way the Wind Blows...
aliasMisha
pronounsHe/They
123written posts
Scaramoucheearned bits
offlinecurrently
Scaramouche
Scaramouche Avatar
welian Avatar
Staffer confession: I know you didn't quite break the rules, but holy shit.... you are so insufferable, I'm gonna take you down an extra peg just to get you to shut up and leave the rest of us alone.
I feel this on an spirital level.
phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,238written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
at this, the world's end, do we cast off tomorrow~!

why is this such a mood omf

no but okay actual confession uh. sometimes i'm my own worst enemy because i want nice new coding things to be a surprise but also i just want to show them off to someone since i live on praise so i just end up screaming quietly into the abyss because i can't have my cake and eat it too and it's the worst (tm)
last edit on Sept 6, 2018 19:12:52 GMT by Kuroya

pronounsshe/her
30written posts
gittyearned bits
offlinecurrently
gitty
gitty Avatar

I struggle with the balance between fairness and enjoyment/other memberโ€™s enjoyment of my site, or at least which point becomes โ€˜enough is enoughโ€™ and trying to pinpoint actual problematic behaviour rather than mine/otherโ€™s general annoyance. I donโ€™t know where my boundaries are! Itโ€™s a nightmare! 

On the other hand when someone is being abusive or harmful I Have No Mercy and even tho Iโ€™ve been called too patient in a lot of circumstances, once Iโ€™ve made a decision I can be really headstrong about it for five minutes and even when itโ€™s the best decision for the site, I torment myself by constantly reliving the moment and hating myself for it. Another nightmare!!

Also I make my harsh decisions usually first thing in the morning after a hangover. 

After so many years I think Iโ€™ve also perfected my radar for Those Certain Type of Members from their very first greeting in the cbox. Donโ€™t be so judgemental Gitty, you might say, but when youโ€™ve relieved the experience of that first โ€˜supโ€™ or โ€˜yoโ€™ or โ€˜o.oโ€™ in the cbox and discord for over a decade, when youโ€™ve seen the โ€˜thinking of joiningโ€™ and the non committal responses to your answers to questions, to the app that needs pending, then arguing about, then fixing, before That Type of Member makes one thread and then Leaves, lemme tell you I Know. I Know exactly what you are going to do and who you are and am very grumpy throughout.

Also What Are Even Checking Reserved Face Claim Dates?? Thank God for my other mods. : prayer hands emoji :

last edit on Sept 7, 2018 15:21:57 GMT by gitty
born too slow
352written posts
vonearned bits
offlinecurrently
von
von Avatar
i am insecure of my rping.

i feel like my partners would inevitably be left dissatisfied if they plotted with me so I started to have a huge paranoia and started thinking like, "what if they dont like this? should I plot?" and ask myself that over and over again. That's why it feels like I just make a place for people to rp on, but I never do any rp.