A Spooky Slice of Life RP?!

pronounsShe-Her
99written posts
Elaysaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Elaysa
Elaysa Avatar
I'm actually a cat person
❝ LIGHT RAIN is a slice-of-life roleplay with a twist. Somewhere in central Japan, surrounded by mountains and deep woods, lies a city by the name of Yamashiro, a place that might look monotone at first glance. However, Strange things occur. What other secrets does the innocent-looking city hide? ❞

I've been working on some sort of a 'slice-of-life with a twist RP' for a while. The site is more or less finished by now, though it could use some tweaking (something I'd definitely do). However, my co-founder has left the project without a word, and I've been rather demotivated to even continue with the site myself. Nevertheless, I don't really want to abandon a site I've been working on without at least trying to give it a chance. Therefore, I'm posting this quick interest check to see if there is some interest in a site of this nature.

As mentioned above, Light Rain (name still pending) is set in a fictional city named Yamashiro, a medium-sized city located somewhere in central Japan. Yamashiro is brimming with plenty of opportunities for students and entrepreneurs alike. One of the city's prides is its prestigious school, Yamashiro University, with students that come from all corners of the country. The central areas of the city are filled with rising businesses, yet also breath-taking historical monuments. Surrounded by deep woods and hills, the city has also become a cradle for paranormal activity: mysterious disappearances, ghost sightings, events that cannot be rationally comprehended.

Light Rain is a slice-of-life RP with some mystery and horror elements mixed into it. To summarize the plot: Yamashiro is a beautiful city, but the forest around it is probably haunted. Plenty of urban legends, do not leave your house at night, spooky stuff, etc. Of course, Light Rain is, at its core, a simple slice-of-life RP and you can choose to ignore its supernatural elements and aim for more simplistic plots.

Features:
🍁 Jcink-hosted
🍁 Freeform app
🍁 Collectable awards/badges
🍁 University & Police department investigating the paranormal stuff
🍁 Gifted characters dynamic (some characters possess some sort of a little supernatural ability, nothing too grand or powerful. I'm considering removing this feature, but we'll see)
🍁 Lots of events and fun activities
🍁 And more

I probably wanted to write more, but that's all I can think of at the moment ^^" As I mentioned above, I'd just like to know if someone would be interested in a site of this kind, or if I should just jump ship and move over to something else. If I decide to actually open it, I'll likely need another staff to back me up, but we'll see. 

Thanks for reading~ C:

pronounsShe-Her
99written posts
Elaysaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Elaysa
Elaysa Avatar
elgyem Avatar
I am interested! I've been on the look-out for a site like this for awhile <3 Bonus if original artwork is allowed. :eyes:
Original artwork is certainly allowed ^-^

~

Thanks for the interest everyone, it means a ton! I'm still a little, uhm, hesitant? Buuut, we'll see. As I mentioned earlier, I'd like to have one other staff to back me up -- if someone is interested in this, feel free to shoot me a PM.

The site still needs some touch-ups, but I'll try my best to get it into a representable shape asap. Once again, thanks for everyone's interest ^_^
last edit on Dec 5, 2019 22:17:43 GMT by Elaysa
pronounsShe-Her
99written posts
Elaysaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Elaysa
Elaysa Avatar
Hello everyone! Sorry for the radio silence here, I'm still working on the site. The good news is that Light Rain will officially open later today!

and here's a mandatory graphic I made on the go

last edit on Dec 22, 2019 1:09:59 GMT by Elaysa
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.